PDA

View Full Version : Forgive My Enthusiasm

Donna Marie
04-09-2009, 09:56 AM
This morning I went to the drug store totally en femme, skirt, 2" heels and all. I shopped for cosmetics and a few other necessities. And I got a nice "Thank you maam" from the cashier!!

Yesterday I brought my dog home - she was staying at my wife's place while I continued my recovery from prostate surgery. So after my shopping journey it was time for the mid-day dogwalk. Decision Time!! My nails have a nice sparkly pink polish, my make-up looks OK. My skirt is mid-calf and appropriate for my age. It is a gorgeous Spring day with a light breeze. Do I chuck all that just to do a dog walk, or do I finally just totally go out? I dooood it! Only thing I had to do was change the little heels for a pair Mary Jane flats for the walking trail. I loved it! As it turned out, I met no one outside - almost a disappointment. I certainly could have been seen from the many windows here, though. But I am definitely ready and I am OUT!!!! I am so excited. Forgive me for going on about it.

Donna Marie

Holly
04-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Good for you, Donna! And I am sure you turned a few heads in those windows! You take care of yourself during this recovery.

Karren H
04-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Awesome!! Hang around here long enough and we can work on crushing that enthusiasim!! Lol.

Patricia1
04-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Talk about "walkin' the dog"! That's just great for you & best of luck with the health issue.

JoAnne Wheeler
04-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Donna - you pass - if you look like your avatar - then you pass - great

excuse to be out - walking the dog - hope you had a great time - but

remember, you pass

JoAnne Wheeler

Persephone
04-09-2009, 01:26 PM
This morning I went to the drug store totally en femme, skirt, 2" heels and all. I shopped for cosmetics and a few other necessities. And I got a nice "Thank you maam" from the cashier!!

Yesterday I brought my dog home - she was staying at my wife's place while I continued my recovery from prostate surgery.

Donna Marie

Congratulations on your courage, Donna Marie! :ms: Here's to a wonderful time in "big girl world!"

Do take it easy on that prostate though. The recovery is really slower, and really takes longer, that you think it does. You don't have pain nerves down there where the construction crew is rebuilding.

JulieC
04-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Talk about "walkin' the dog"!

Maybe that could be our secret euphemism for venturing out in public en femme for the first time :)

jennifer easton
04-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Donna, just so proud of you and jealous, your living life just the way I would like to, inconspicuous, just one of the girls, put a little makeup on, nice top, skirt and off to do your thing, shop, walk the dog, what ever, you have got to love it!! Jennifer

carhill2mn
04-09-2009, 01:51 PM
No need to apologize. Thanks for sharing!

Kelli Michelle
04-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Good job!!! But someone did see you---your dog. Isn't it great that dogs always KNOW it's you, and still love you even when dressed? Maybe society needs to go to the dogs!!!!!

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-09-2009, 02:48 PM
No, I do not forgive your enthusiasm... because I LOVE it! :)

Good for you - getting out and about and enjoying yourself en femme.

I'm glad you're recovering well from your prostate surgery as well.

I would have walked the dog in heels, but then again, I like to live life dangerously. :heehee:

Debie
04-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Hi Donna
That is great you should be excited and flying high, way to go girl, keep it up. A speedy recovery for you as well .

jennylou
04-09-2009, 03:05 PM
where can i get a dog?

Fab Karen
04-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Keep up the good work.:)

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Your forgiven! Good for you, sounds like your well on your way to a good recovery, and were all praying for that.

Emily01
04-09-2009, 04:32 PM
terrific tail? lol, seriously, i am happy for you!

Sam-antha
04-09-2009, 05:39 PM
To think that I never knew what dogs were for...
~Samm

CD Susan
04-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Way to go Donna! I bet you felt great on your walk with the dog and if anyone did see you all they seen was an attractive lady out for a walk with her dog.

linnea
04-09-2009, 06:42 PM
I don't think that you need forgiveness; I think that you need applause. Good for you! Hooray!
You sound happy, and I am happy for you.

beenherelongtime
04-09-2009, 06:46 PM
congratulations, and take care of yourself and that doggie.

Mary Jane1
04-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Don't be silly. Be enthusiastic. It 'IS' a big deal and good for you.

Kaz
04-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Donna, I really do empathise... having similar-ish experiences at the moment as I have only recently started on this outward bound trail.

But doesn't it feel GOOD? And yes of course you would have passed if you had met someone..

I think I did a few weeks ago in a lift "experience" - it was only for seconds, but I swear he did the male flirty thing with me! :heehee:

The trouble is this is like a drug... the more you achieve... etc..

Looking forward to your next outing...

Keep us posted! :hugs::love:

AllieSF
04-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Donna,

Just remember that when you are walking the dog and it does it's business, bend over real lady like to pick up that mess with the plastic bag. No bending at the waist like a guy.