PDA

View Full Version : My wife thinks i have a shoe problem

nicole 555
04-10-2009, 08:00 AM
I think it is i have more shoes then she has and i buy them all the time. She tell me i do not waer them for any long period of time ,just when i dress up. But you know when you like a pair you have to have them. She may only have 6 pair of heel .i must have 30 pair all 4-4.5 heels and lately i need the name brand they feel so much better to wear for long period of time. Any one else have the same problem ?

RobertaM
04-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Yeppers, join the club, I have 10-20 pairs, all 4" plus.
the problem now is that I am dressing down more, and spending more time out, i need to get more lower heels.

Karren H
04-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Yeah!!! Our hobby's have obsessions!! I have 20 pair of heels.... and over 100 pair of earrings!!

nicole 555
04-10-2009, 08:08 AM
But the lower heels, do not feel as sexy.

JoAnne Wheeler
04-10-2009, 09:15 AM
My wife shouts at me that I have:

A) ----- too many shoes

B) ----- too many dresses, skirts and clothes

c) ----- too much jewelry

d) ----- too much makeup

e) ----- too many wigs

f) ----- too much lingerie

She says that Joanne has more of all the above than she ever had in her

lifetime and she is 62 years old.

JoAnne Wheeler

JulieC
04-10-2009, 09:24 AM
My wife still has more heels than I do. Over the last few years she's developed a serious thing for shoes, and is shoe shopping a LOT. Of course, I piggy back on that and about half the time I get a pair of heels too.

My wife ...says that Joanne has more of all the above than she ever had in her lifetime and she is 62 years old.

I know I have more pantyhose than the average woman. In fact, I've always owned more pantyhose than any woman I've dated. With my wife and I, sometimes she has more, sometimes I have more.

marla01
04-10-2009, 09:25 AM
I have a simple rule, for each pair of shoes I buy, I have to throw away an old pair.

Marla

Carole Cross
04-10-2009, 09:28 AM
I have more skirts,dresse and heels than my sister. :D

gillian1968
04-10-2009, 09:32 AM
LOL, I've just crossed over an important threshold this week :)

I only had 3 pairs of femme footwear (1 pr boots, 2 prs heels), and this week I bought 3 more pairs (2 pairs of really super-comfy heels and 1 pair of runners). So I now have 6 pairs of femme footwear and only 5 pairs of male.

I see this as a turning point!

Don't know if I could ever catch up to you though :) At this rate I think I'm only buying 1 pair of shoes every two years on average :)

-Gillian

gretchenD
04-10-2009, 09:34 AM
My wife Nikki is the opposite,she accepts it that I have more shoes than her.It includes my jewelry collection,200 pairs of earrings in my collection.

Angie G
04-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Yes I don't have the money to buy all the shoes I wnat. :sad::hugs:
Angie

Cissy Chiana
04-10-2009, 10:11 AM
I have five times more skirts than trousers (and that includes girly trousers) :)

Nicole Erin
04-10-2009, 11:50 AM
I have maybe 10 pairs of heels, some 3 some 4 inch heels.
Ever so ofte I run into shoes I cannot live without.

No, 10 is not many but I am not one to keep a lot of stuff, I am the opposite of a pack rat.

Lisa Golightly
04-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Well with over 300 pairs... I guess you have a fair way to go till it's a real problem ;)

Lorileah
04-10-2009, 11:57 AM
I have a simple rule, for each pair of shoes I buy, I have to throw away an old pair.

Marla

Going to hang out by Marla's dumpster.

But in RE: the OP. Way to go Emelda!

There are rules you know. You need a pair of flats for jeans. A pair of flats for slacks. A pair of sandals for shorts. A pair of heels with 1" heels for casual... A pair or 2" heels. Oh and you need them in black, white, red, tan, multicolor and of course you need a pair that matches the new dress. And those clunky platforms are sooooo last year. Oh and the 4" heels patent of course.

Too many shoes? That is like being too rich or too thin or too smart. It isn't possible! Shoe manufactures know this, just look how much less a pair of women's shoes cost compared to men's.

Helen H. Heels
04-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Must have heels, and now I get to walk a bit of distance.
So... I get that lift walking as a woman. I really feel it.
Just enjoy.
Hugs,
Helen

Jenny Wilson
04-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Wow! Lisa has be beaten by a mile! 300 pairs? Where do you keep all of them? I have 43 pairs and there are many more pairs I'd love to buy. This is after recently selling off 16 pairs to make room, and some money, for more.

I know I have more pairs than my ex, and she's no piker in the shoe department. Our closet floor was covered in shoe racks filled with her shoes.

Jenny

CD Susan
04-11-2009, 08:39 PM
I just love shoes too and have about 45 or so pairs. After reading this thread that does not seem like very many at all! I only have about 100 pairs of earrings so far but I have had pierced ears for only six months.

Bernadina
04-12-2009, 01:09 AM
Hmm, funny this thread popped up. My wife has mentioned that on a number of occasions.

AshleyCDFL
04-12-2009, 01:17 AM
You mean to say your wife knows you have a shoe problem, lol! Don't we all. I usually get rid of old ones before buying new ones since we have a small place, the wife does as well, so at least its an equal playing field!

Bev06 GG
04-12-2009, 02:52 AM
Well I have to admit ladies, that the shoe thing is a bit of a bug bear for me. My partner has well over 50 pairs and theyre all in the bottom of my wardrobe. I can't open the door with out they come tumbling out. But then when I think about it he's like that with clothes too. So much so that I dont have anywhere to put my stuff. I dont mind the CDing but I do hate the impulsive buying. For me you buy what you can comfortably wear during a season. I doubt he has worn some of the stuff more than once but like a lot of CDs he just likes to open his wardrobe and look at it all which is fine if you live in a mansion and have dressing rooms but we dont.
Take care
Bev

Lisa Golightly
04-12-2009, 03:04 AM
Wow! Lisa has be beaten by a mile! 300 pairs? Where do you keep all of them?

Oh they have their own room... lol... hmmmmm... I'm a bit shoe mad to be honest... I have books on shoes... Paintings of shoes on the walls... little ornament shoes on window sills...

I'm one of those people who get turned on by the smell of leather when you walk into a shoe shop... Gosh... I'd love to work in a shoe shop... :daydreaming:

sophie69
04-12-2009, 06:20 AM
i am a complete nitemare when it comes to shoes..... i luv em and have loads of pairs. I must have about 50 of which there are about 20 that i could not do without! lol

victoriamwilliams1
04-12-2009, 06:50 AM
I have about 20 pairs myself and 1 pair of dude shoes! I have to sta out of the shoe store because i will but a pair everytime

renee k
04-12-2009, 07:38 AM
I have way too many as well. Can't hardly open the closet door without stumbling on a shoe box. Spring cleaning is coming up, I'm going to thin out my collection.

CharlotteW
04-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Fhhhhhhh, just talking about shoes gives me the butterfiles in my stomach. Only 3 pairs of sexy shoes, one pair of conservative black shoes (2.75 inch heel) and one pair of heeled sexy sandals.
I need a pair of girlie flats.

Annemarie
04-12-2009, 08:20 AM
12 pairs of femme shoes, unlike many here I also love low heeled shoes or flats too ! 1 pair of DUO boots.
3 or 4 of bloke shoes.
My favorite brand is Ferragamo.

Fab Karen
04-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Your shoes have a wife problem :)

Sherry-Stephanie
04-12-2009, 04:58 PM
I started dressing 12-13 months ago and have accumilated 20-25 pairs....and found a new favorite shoe store that has ton of shoes I like....but for now the focus is on wigs and brestforms....then some earrings since I just got my ears pierced 4 weeks ago...after that then there'll be an drive on for shoes....Oh just remembered I need three pairs now...1"-2" wedge , a pair of sneakers and a pair of sandals....then I'll get the heels again....oh it never ends!!!!

Greymancd
04-12-2009, 05:08 PM
I have only 3 pairs that fit, 1 pair that does not that I thought I could modify, 1 pair I lost to my step-daughter when she spotted them and my wife could not let her know they were mine. I was fortunate yesteday I found a wonderful pair of leopard spot 3" heels that my wife tried on for me at the store since we have the same size feet. Got those for $1.00 CAD. My wife is really coming around in her acceptance of my crossdressing constantly saying she did not know why she was doing it. I guess she really loves me!

hermit
04-12-2009, 05:39 PM
i wish i had 1 pair haven't found the courage to ask wife if she minds

Tammy298
04-12-2009, 07:21 PM
I've got a lot of catching up to do! I've only got four pairs, and two of them are boots:). I guess I need to add shoes to my shopping list and lay-off buying stockings for a while! I've got several hundred pairs of stockings:D.

Kathi Lake
04-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Questions:

Do you enjoy shopping for shoes?

Do you enjoy wearing these shoes out in the general public?

Do you have the budget go comfortably afford these shoes?

If you can answer yes to each of these questions, then I see no problems here.

Kathi (proud owner of many beautiful shoes)

Carly D.
04-13-2009, 11:33 AM
I was thinking about this last week.. why do we need so many shoes?? men have two maybe three maybe on the off chance four pairs of shoes.. but with womens shoes I seriously thought when I got my first pair of shoes that that's all I would need until these wore out.. I have yet to wear a pair out (at least in the same sense as my feelings of my male shoes being worn out such as unidentifiable as shoes).. my collection seems to grow and shrink as my feelings of what I need is.. right.. first off I love white shoes but you couldn't tell by my collection, I only have two pairs of white pumps and two pairs of sandle type shoes in white.. the rest are black patten mostly.. I have a pair of white patten higher heels and a pair of white patten low block heels (for comfort) I have a pair of black patten higher heels and the same pair of black patten low block heels.. I have a pair of black patten platformed sandles, black heels, sort of tan(ish) platforms (big chunkiassed shoes that were in about ten years ago but damn, I love these nasty things) all told I think I have about sixteen pairs of shoes.. and I want more but whoa there Hoss let's see what the next fashion is like...