PDA

View Full Version : May come out to parents tonight

CharleneCD
06-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Wish me luck gals, I may be telling my parents tonight. Given the choice I would rather not, but since we go over for dinner most every week it is getting hard to explain some of my changes. I can only lose so many bets to explain the nails and eyebrows, and I am not about to take off my new nails. I am not sure how they are going to take it but I expect at least a dont ask dont tell attitude. I plan to let them know that they never have to see me fully dressed unless they wish. I wont force that on them. My biggest advantage is that I have Bunny to be with me to show that she supports me and it is not harming our marriage. Thank god I wont be wearing heels, I will be shaking so hard from fear I would probobly fall on my butt. Truely Im terrified but this is going to have to happen. I hate having to lie to my family.

Rayna
06-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Wish me luck gals, I may be telling my parents tonight. Given the choice I would rather not, but since we go over for dinner most every week it is getting hard to explain some of my changes. I can only lose so many bets to explain the nails and eyebrows, and I am not about to take off my new nails. I am not sure how they are going to take it but I expect at least a dont ask dont tell attitude. I plan to let them know that they never have to see me fully dressed unless they wish. I wont force that on them. My biggest advantage is that I have Bunny to be with me to show that she supports me and it is not harming our marriage. Thank god I wont be wearing heels, I will be shaking so hard from fear I would probobly fall on my butt. Truely Im terrified but this is going to have to happen. I hate having to lie to my family.

Charlene,

I wish you the best of luck, hun. I'm glad I came out to my mother, although it happened from a lack-of-sleep-induced delusionary state....
I hope you are more coherant than I was :)

BethCD
06-28-2005, 12:19 PM
Charlene, Best of luck, hon.
It it what it is......
Beth :D

Deidra Cowen
06-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Good luck!

Tristen Cox
06-28-2005, 01:01 PM
Try to be calm and good luck Charlene :)

michellej
06-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Just remember, it always turns out better than you ever thought that it would. A little (lot?) fear, a rush, and whoooooeeee, that's over.

Remember your own quote:
Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

Stephanie Mancini
06-28-2005, 01:07 PM
Be honest with them Charlene but most of all be honest with yourself, i do sincerely wish you well and hope everything turns out for you as it did for me

Steph

Lady Jayne
06-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Charlene,
Hope it goes well for you, it may take time for them to get used to the idea but I'm sure once they do they will realise your still the same person inside.

Teddie
06-28-2005, 02:04 PM
:hugs: :kissing: Good luck, and let us know how it went. :kissing: :hugs:

Wendy me
06-28-2005, 02:04 PM
good luck i hope it goes well......

Julie
06-28-2005, 02:10 PM
I never had to experience the anticipation because I was outed. But I did feel it was important that this new-found knowledge was properly portrayed. I have spent so much time over the years trying to come up with a reason why I am the way I am. While I still don't have a reason, what I do have is self acceptance. I know there's nothing in the world that will change me to 'normal'. This was the first step in self acceptance. From there I prepared an explanation of crossdressing and transgenderism the best I could.

As I tried to explain this to my family I got different responses. I think some just shut down because they didn't want to hear it. Some were open and wanted to know more. You have to remember, this is something you have no control over. So as you open up to them don't let their facial expressions or other reactions change how you handle it. Be confident knowing there's whole group here who's behind you and, of course, your lovely wife beside you. This is just who you are and most importantly, who you've always been. Just because someone gains knowledge of this doesn't change you. And remember, they are your parents. No one loves another more than a parent loves their child.

We'll be thinking of you.

StephanieCD
06-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Remember - breathe in. breathe out. breathe in. breathe out.

Maybe ask Bunny to be ready to help out if you "clam up" to their questions.

And...

breathe in. breathe out. breathe in. breathe out. breathe in. breathe out. breathe in. breathe out. breathe in. breathe out. breathe in. breathe out. breathe in. breathe out. breathe in. breathe out. breathe in. breathe out. breathe in. breathe out. breathe in. breathe out. breathe in. breathe out. breathe in. breathe out. breathe in. breathe out.

Rachel_740
06-28-2005, 02:52 PM

Good luck Charlene, hope it goes as well for you as it did for me :)

Anne

eileen1969
06-28-2005, 03:03 PM
well girl! I have been through this and still go through a lot with my family!
funny thing about this~ I know that most of my fam is uncomfortable with my female side! however!~ a good thing! I was out and about with my mom last weekend! Its huge for me! she got me a few things like some tommy-girl perfume! and cover up foundation! and a sweet bracelet I am wearing right now! that is big coming from my mother! for me, my female side for the very 1st time! how sweet! and I hope that and pray this works out for you love! keep in mind that your family with always be and I know that. But regardless of thier dysfunctions~ I will always love them even though at times I just hate them! ;)

Priscilla1018
06-28-2005, 03:10 PM
Good luck Charlene.We all want the best for you.

Kimberly
06-28-2005, 04:30 PM
good luck, honey! :)

Pip
06-28-2005, 05:10 PM
Best of luck Charlene. I can't say I could do the same but we're all very proud of you for your courage.

And look at the bright side, once they accept it....which knowing you they will....Christmas presents will get much better!

We'll say a prayer for you that all goes well tonight! You are an inspiration!

Pip

Olivia
06-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Yes, good luck dear and know that all our hopes are with you. Olivia

Holly
06-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Charlene, there's nothing moreI can add. But knowing you, you'll handle it with style and with class. You are the type of person ANY parent would be happy to have as their child. Do let us know how it turns out. :love:

CharleneCD
06-28-2005, 06:16 PM
Ok I am going to go hortly and im scared shi****s. Heres to the possibility the subject wont come up tonight. Right, not with these bright colored nails. Thanks for all your support everyone. I need it.

paulaN
06-28-2005, 08:09 PM
good luck. were all pullen for ya.

CharleneCD
06-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Ok it happened. I knew the nails were not going to slide by. Just saying I found I liked them didnt either. Without polish maybe, but not pretty blue with the flower painted on. I only told my mom because my stepdad was being crabby and I didnt feel it would go well with him tonight. She took it pretty well. I think for now that it will be a dont ask dont tell, but in time I see her being at least somewhat acccepting. At first I could tell that she was definitely unhappy but in the end I think she understood. She made comments like well " the kids at school werealways harrassing you and calling you fag or gay, maybe they saw something." Also when I reasured her that my personality wouldnt be making any major changes except maybe becoming a little softer, she replied "it always ws a bit on the soft side". I do feel that as she has time to think about it she will understand why I do what I do, even if it is not what she would prefer. I just thank god that I am a not close to my biological father at this time. Coming out to him would probobly be a knock down drag out. Oh well his loss.

Thank you all again for your encouragement and support. I realy needed it.

Tristen Cox
06-29-2005, 12:06 AM
Well done, yeah dads can be a pain in the :censor: Happy things went good with your mom though. ;)

Holly
06-29-2005, 12:30 AM
Yea, Charlene! Sounds like you have the right to be cautiously optomistic, at least to your mom. Well done, honey!

Sophia Rearen
06-29-2005, 08:34 AM
Gotta love gutsy girls! Way to go Charlene!

Priscilla1018
06-29-2005, 08:36 AM
Congratulations Charlene.I am glad it went well for you. :dance:

Jenny Beth
06-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Congratulations, no doubt this took a lot of nerve. You've got your mom thinking now and I'll bet you become a lot closer.

Stephenie
06-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Sounds great. This will open things up for you.

Teddie
06-29-2005, 01:11 PM
:D :Power:

Wendy me
06-29-2005, 01:27 PM
aren't mom's so greate ????? my mom knows of my "hobby" and just this year let me know just how long she knew abought it ....any way back to you i am so happy for you ...don't you feel like a ton lighter just to have her know ??? give her some time to let it soake in ... job well done now go shopping and buy yourselfe something nice ......

CharleneCD
06-29-2005, 08:15 PM
Wendy, yes it is a load off. One of the things I made surew to tell her is that I didnt want to have to lie to her. I think she really respected that. Knowing her I might end up getting the occasional fem gift in time. weather she ever wants to se more of me dressed than the pic we showed her,,, who knows.

As for buying something, I ordered my pink athletic shoes for work this morning. They should arrive friday.

Tamara Croft
06-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Charlene I'm so glad things went well for you :D Mums' certainly are great aren't they :hugs:

CharleneCD
06-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Yes tamara mums are great. I love mine dearly, which is why I was so scared to have to come out to her.