PDA

View Full Version : Children can be amazing..at times

Marissa
04-10-2009, 06:00 PM
So I'm sitting at home last night sharing an evening of tv and chatting with my 18 yr old daughter (who does not know about my dressing). We usually spend Wednesday nights watching America's Next Top Model, at least for the last two seasons.

I made comments about getting 'the business' from male coworkers about watching the show. She was like 'whatever'.. lol too funny.

So last night, I was enjoying a drink.. chatting about various topics and I had a magazine which featured makeup. So I made comments about a model's look and we discussed different looks and makeup use.

I was getting nervous as to how she was taking this discussion. So I finally asked "do you consider yourself mature?"

She said "yes, but i'm also a kid at heart". "understandable, we all hold on to a part of being a kid" was my reply.

As we kept talking, I went to the kitchen and returned with my potion of strength.. a shot of tequila, with salt and lime. :D

So I took the shot..and said "I'm a crossdresser".

I waited for the screaming or something of 'freaking her out'..nope..not that.. she just looked at me and then straight ahead.. so I asked "you okay? what do you think?"

She said "okay".. and then our talk on the topic continued.

In the end, she is okay with it but like so many SO/Wives, etc..she doesn't want to see me dressed as it might take away her views of me as her manly (hmm??) father. She had some thoughts due to my ex having a converstation with her (have to remember to give ex a piece of my mind on that one). I let her know my views on how I love women..didn't go into my thoughts on bi-curious, no reason for that..at least not now.

I let her know I'd show her a pic if she ever felt she wanted to see what i looked like. So the talk went well..and then it was off to bed.. at this point i was on my third shot..

So today as she came downstairs before heading out to hang with friends..she brings me some of her makeup that she doesn't use anymore.. I didn't have the nerve to tell her all the makeup I already had, much less outfits. I didn't want to hurt her feelings but it was such a sweet gesture.

I talked to her one more time to ensure I hadn't freaked her out.. she said she sort of was but it will be okay if her terms are met. I was okay with that..until she leaves the nest :)

I let her know if she needs to talk, let me know and I know of some sites that support and may give her answers.

Well that has been my 24 hours.. A sense of relief and new uncertainties.. she is staying at friend's house tomorrow night and knows i'm dressing.. wow..that is sooooo cool..

Sorry for the long post but wanted to share the barrier that has come down between my daughter and I..

oh..I also let her know today, that it went better than what i thought it would..and i didn't need that 2nd or 3rd shot, it just gave me a headache today.. :D

Bootsiegalore
04-10-2009, 06:54 PM
That is awsome Cassey!

I told my sons this past month. Now I am out with my family. Wife is supportive and we go out (with me dressed). It is great!

Tara

Sheila
04-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Cassey, they sure can be :)

My 12 year old knows about Debs and has met her, albeit only on webcam but he id cool with her :)

Debbie801
04-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Wow...you sure have brass ones.

I have a 19yr old daughter with a similar close relationship. I have wondered about telling her, but haven't. I'd be curious about how this really sinks in for your daughter on a longer term basis. You mentioned it has only been 24 hours, we have seen that at least with SO's that some can be initially accepting upon being told, but then becoming alienated.

Good luck with your kid, it sounds like it was a good hurdle for you to clear.

Debbie

Teri Jean
04-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Cassey, I love your post and am glad that you and your daughter have come together and if you are patient and caring as I think you are there will be a lot of fun for the two of you. Have fun and Happy Easter to the two of you.

Huggs Keli

Marissa
04-10-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm not married so being that its just me and my daughter, life is easier but yes a hurdle jumped for now..

That is awsome Cassey!

I told my sons this past month. Now I am out with my family. Wife is supportive and we go out (with me dressed). It is great!

Tara

That is great Bootsie, meeting a woman who is okay with this is my dream..

Cassey, they sure can be :)

My 12 year old knows about Debs and has met her, albeit only on webcam but he id cool with her :)

That's great Sheila.. feels great to have your kids accept, but its a scary ordeal since they are fragile. No matter how tough they act or how the world opens up to them too early.

Wow...you sure have brass ones.

I have a 19yr old daughter with a similar close relationship. I have wondered about telling her, but haven't. I'd be curious about how this really sinks in for your daughter on a longer term basis. You mentioned it has only been 24 hours, we have seen that at least with SO's that some can be initially accepting upon being told, but then becoming alienated.

Good luck with your kid, it sounds like it was a good hurdle for you to clear.

Debbie

Well Debbie, i don't know about the brass ones, but yes it took a lot to roll the dice and i'm glad i did..at least for now i can say that.

Yes i'd be curious about the long term effect so I will be asking and talking to her time to time.. i wouldn't want this to freak her out any more than it already has. I did mention that it can all go back in the 'closet' if she is not okay with it. I gave her the story of my ex, when i opened up to her but not to this extreme at the time.. she seemed okay and even encouraged...then bam, 180 out and tried to use it as part of our breakup.. i would say 20% of our breakup. And I let her know that i was sorry for ever sharing something so deep only because i trusted her. That was the other parts, trust.. anyway.. i do talk to my daughter and will continue that..

if you feel its time to tell your daughter..just be open and watch for the facial expressions, but reassure that your there to talk to.. and support.. see how it goes for me..

Cassey, I love your post and am glad that you and your daughter have come together and if you are patient and caring as I think you are there will be a lot of fun for the two of you. Have fun and Happy Easter to the two of you.

Huggs Keli

Will see how it goes, I didn't go into us going out etc.. her reaction (as suttle as it was), I felt that is something for later if ever.

For ALL..thank you for the responses and positive comments. I wanted to share what others have after telling family member(s) and feel the weight lifted.

Hugs,

Billijo49504
04-10-2009, 09:48 PM
That's fantastic!!! I had all 3 of my girls that knew that dad wore womens underwear and sometime the wife would take them to LB or Ave to pick something out for me. She would ask them if they thought dad would like this or that. So they helped picked out some of my clothes...BJ

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-10-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm so glad to hear things worked out well between you and your daughter, Cassey! :)

So cool of her to offer you some of her makeup like that. What a beautiful sign of acceptance and love. She didn't try to make you feel bad or say you weren't her dad because you dressed. She didn't freak out. She didn't break down and cry. She may not be entirely sure what to make of it all yet, but she definitely loves her dad a lot and has a very open mind. How cool is that?

Maybe in time, she'll be ok seeing dressed up... perhaps even help with your look? When she's ready. :) Even if not, sounds like things will be good between the two of you and that is all that matters.

I really enjoy stories like this. It means so much to me to hear about acceptance from loved ones. Tell you daughter Gabrielle gives her two thumbs up! :)

rachelgirlnw
04-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Cassey, thanks so much for sharing this with us! With a young son and daughter, I sometime project how I might do the same someday. I can't even imagine the approach for either and which would be more difficult. I'm sure it will depend on dozens of factors by then, but I'm optimistic and encouraged by your experience. You and your daughter really sound like you have it together in your relationship with each other. After reading many hard luck stories with spouses, that is so nice to hear.

Please keep us posted!

Rachel

Marissa
04-10-2009, 11:36 PM
That's fantastic!!! I had all 3 of my girls that knew that dad wore womens underwear and sometime the wife would take them to LB or Ave to pick something out for me. She would ask them if they thought dad would like this or that. So they helped picked out some of my clothes...BJ

Sounds great Billi, that you have such a supportive family.. not sure where this will take us, but i know this was the first step..

I'm so glad to hear things worked out well between you and your daughter, Cassey! :)

So cool of her to offer you some of her makeup like that. What a beautiful sign of acceptance and love. She didn't try to make you feel bad or say you weren't her dad because you dressed. She didn't freak out. She didn't break down and cry. She may not be entirely sure what to make of it all yet, but she definitely loves her dad a lot and has a very open mind. How cool is that?

Maybe in time, she'll be ok seeing dressed up... perhaps even help with your look? When she's ready. :) Even if not, sounds like things will be good between the two of you and that is all that matters.

I really enjoy stories like this. It means so much to me to hear about acceptance from loved ones. Tell you daughter Gabrielle gives her two thumbs up! :)

Gabrielle, thank you for the kind words.. I so enjoy the storys such as this too.. and now its mine.. it will take time, but we will see where it will take us..

Thank you both for your words.. i really needed that.. take care..

Hugs,

Christina Horton
04-11-2009, 12:26 AM
That's great hun congrats on the coming out you had. I told my family when I was 21 and my niece was to young to tell her this was in 91. when she was about 13 or something like that maybe older I told her. At first she was fine with it even to the point when I got her a gift card and Mariposa we went shopping and she even want to pick out and have me try on some things. Then years later she said she was having a big prob with it. But now she is a little better with it. The other day I asked her to sing up here. She did and goes by LittleLou. She did not want to join but she feels bad that some of out family is "mean to me about it" Well there not mean just not supportive to me. But that's my other threads. My whole Family and all my friends as well as the people at work all know and the two who have a really hard time with it is MOM and to a lesser extent Dad. She want to understand and is trying hard. And you gotta love some one for that EH Girls. I will not push her I will let her set the pace but I need my family support and she is helping as well as my Uncle Ian and his family. I can go there dressed any time and be welcome there. I am so proud of your daughter and you for having the gut to come out and tell her . Good luck and keep us all informed PLZ. HUGGS :hugs: :canada:

JoAnne Wheeler
04-11-2009, 07:45 AM
I think that we have some need to tell - I think that it is our NEED to be

accepted as we are - I applaud you for telling - it took a lot of courage, even

if it took a large shot of tequlia

JoAnne Wheeler

pennylee
04-11-2009, 09:29 AM
My girls used to snitch my underwear when they hit their teens. at 44 one still borrows stuff for halloween!:thumbsup:

donnadawn
04-11-2009, 11:03 AM
What a wonderful relationship you have with your daughter. It must have a great leap of faith on your part to confess to her. I know I could never do that with my daughter even though we are very close. I know she would react badly because at one time, when she was renting a place on her own, her landlord announced that he was a CD and would show up dressed enfemme although not very good at it. Her comment was 'it almost made me puke'.

Marissa
04-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Thank you all for the nice replies, I know this will help others to understand at least the good side of being able to open up to at least one person. And how some of the weight is lifted.

Yes I took a chance and thankfully do not regret it. And I"m looking for those signs of change in her as I hope it doesn't.

JoAnn, And NO, I didn't need the tequila (lesson learned on that one, stick with cosmos.. :battingeyelashes:)

Christina, I believe I have read your neice's posts and understand she is taking alot on her shoulders. Good luck with her and the family.

Donna, as you stated "not very good at it" can be a large part of it. I think after telling my daughter, I was trying to envision what she saw me as.. A man is girl clothes, still being a man or a man trying to pass as a woman????? That is why i offered to show her pics.

Drag queen type movies, shows may throw visions into peoples' minds as to how we are.. anyway, that could be one reason. Good luck if you ever decide to cross that bridge.

Hugs to all,

tricia_uktv
04-12-2009, 09:24 PM
YAY, brill. Respect your daughters wishes and give her some time and space to think about it. At eighteen she'll be fine. My children and my Mother are fine with what I do but they, as you daughter said, want me to be their son and their Dad and I accept that totally so I only dress away from them. One day though, who knows? Good luck and hugs

Lori A
04-12-2009, 11:30 PM
When my wife and I first met, we had to go to the laundry mat to do my laundry before I went back to work. Her grand father had just married my mother, and we took their laundry too.
As the things were coming out of the dryer, she kept folding and putting my panties in my mothers pile and i had to reach over and put them in mine. Her daughter who was I think 9 at the time was with us. Not expecting to start a relationship at the time, I was kinda embarrassed, but dealt with it.
But we did become involved that summer, and when my daughter was getting ready to start back to school, she told her mom that she wanted ME to help her shop for school clothes and panties because she liked the silky kind that I wore better than the ones her mom had always bought.
I have been buying for her ever since, and one year while I was out on the road she called and said she needed bra's for school, I asked her size and went and bought them for her.
The only problem is we wear the same size panties, and often get them mixed up in the laundry. Last time I was home, most of her's got stuffed into my laundry bag. ooops!

PS: she's 21 now

Marissa
04-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Thank you for the nice comments and for sharing your personal experiences..

Hugs,

Marissa
04-17-2009, 03:53 PM
And it just keeps getting better..

Another milestone.. so my daughter breaks up with her long term boyfriend.. well..saw it coming..

anyway, she begins chatting up with an old friend that was banished by her ex while dating. So its prom time and sure enough, he asked her out to it. She graduated last year and unfortunately, her ex bf decided it wasn't worth going to at the time, even though she really wanted to.

So this is her chance, the boy is a senior.. so she got the dress and shoes.. but was concerned about applying makeup, especially the eyeshadow.. white dress/green poka dots/green bow..so green eyeshadow..

well she feels that her application would not be very good. So being the good Dad (?) that i am suggested to her to look online at youtube or pictures that show you how to apply..

Inside i'm smiling and walking on thin line, since most that i viewed were cd/ts, etc so had to look for girls applying makeup..so i did and showed her a few and some 8 step pics..

Then it was "not sure what colors to use and I had only those that I gave you" coming from her.

Again I began being nervous and said what the heck...
I went to my walkin closet, dug out some stuff to lay on the counter. I called her and said "take a look and see what ideas you have" Smiling big time to her.. as she looked upon my various makeup kits that I had acquired. Since she does not wear much makeup, my selection was a lot larger than hers. :)

So she did and off she went to try her best..

Okay, so now I"m sharing makeup and makeup tips with my daughter :)

What's next... playing dressup????

Thanks for reading..

Hugs,

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-17-2009, 04:05 PM
What's next... playing dressup????

Sure! Why not? :)

Sounds like things are working out well between you and your daughter. There are some cool benefits to being a crossdressing dad, huh? :)

Glad your daughter is getting a second chance at the prom, too. Oddly - the same happened to me. I missed my senior prom, and ended up going with another girl the following year when she was a senior. Unfortunately, I was stuck in a tux and she got the gown, but oh well.

Marissa
04-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Sure! Why not? :)

Sounds like things are working out well between you and your daughter. There are some cool benefits to being a crossdressing dad, huh? :)

LOL..yeah I guess so.. I have been doing the follow up on her feelings. I mention the support and kinds comments of this site (in a round about way) and of course my concerns to ensure her feelings are not hurt and she is not confused. I want to keep that openness between us.. this site does help alot.. SO THAT IS MY BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE GIRLS AND GGs OUT THERE !!! :)

Glad your daughter is getting a second chance at the prom, too. Oddly - the same happened to me. I missed my senior prom, and ended up going with another girl the following year when she was a senior. Unfortunately, I was stuck in a tux and she got the gown, but oh well.

Yes, it is nice that she gets to go. I had sort of mixed feelings since she just broke up with her ex and is now going out with another... It was a reaction to my marriage breakup last year. I have taken a bit to mend the wounds while the ex saw it as a sense of relief and life goes on for her. Anyway, not to get caught up in that drama :) She says its only opening a friendship that was opposed to in the past 2 years. Okay, I'll accept that (like I have a choice :D)

The other part of her missing out was my wife (her step mother) at the time since I was away for work and she was beginning her seperation so not much support in knowing it was my daughter's one chance of a fond memory.

So its nice to be seeing her go.