PDA

View Full Version : What do you feel as a CD about choice of word men use for women?

tinachristina
04-12-2009, 01:08 AM
Hi,

When I was a child, I often heard from elders, seniors a lot of derogatory things used against women. I could not somehow relate to them . Today too I cant use expletives which uses words such as "mother" or "sister" in usual normal talk while with my male colleagues , I have seen them using them quite often. I often relate to the issues of female sex such as physical security and their well being. I think my being a CD has to be one of the primary reasons for this. Is it normal for men to call a women names even though women have done nothing against them ( except for a very few) ? Have you ever gone ahead and stopped your coworkers, brothers , friends from using bad words against a women they know ? I tried that once and I was the odd man out . It is very difficult to change the predjudiced mindset .Even in the most modern places , predjudices exist.
What do you think?
:love:
Tina

Angie G
04-12-2009, 07:37 AM
I think it comes from some Macho Men still thinking woman are second class to them or not equal to them. Making the mam superior. and it just not right.But I have known some GG's who live up to the names.:hugs:
Angie

TxKimberly
04-12-2009, 07:53 AM
Not only am a cross dressers and presumably have a bit more insight into women, but I was also raised almost entirely by single women. Let's just say I take it VERY personally when women are mistreated. Having a wife and daughter just sort of ratchets my irritation level up when I see and hear that sort of thing.

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Do you mean when men refer to woman as "b*tch" or something like that?

I don't entirely follow what you're asking, but in regard to derogatory terminology about women, I don't see much of it in my daily life. My co-workers all talk respectfully about their wifes/girlfriends (maybe not so much about their x-wives).

At work, I'm in guy-mode, and of course... well, as feminine as I may feel at the core, I do have several very "man-oriented" traits. It is not uncommon for a few of us to gather and talk about a hottie (or "hot chick" as we usually say) on TV or in a movie or magazine. If talking about a woman in a way that refers to how attractive she is and the kind of things it would be fun to do with her constitutes "derogatory terminology", I'm guilty of that myself. However it's just "guy talk" and honestly none of us mean anything bad by it. We all love our wives and still like to talk about the hottie on TV that all the other guys are talking about as well. It's a guy-thing, completely meaningless, and completely harmless in terms of degrading women or anything... although a gg may disagree with that.

I don't even consider the "guy-talk" thing derogatory at all. I doubt that's what was being spoken about in the initial thread-starter.

So I guess I just don't see much of it in my life. I know it's out there and I would not appreciate a man treating any woman badly in front of me, but I don't see much of it personally. There is nothing but respect shown at the office when someone's wife or girlfriend joins them for lunch. And like I said - no one talks poorly of their partner.

TGMarla
04-12-2009, 09:26 AM
My experience has been that taken as a whole, women are better people than men are. Now, there are exceptions to that rule, of course, but for the most part, it is men that are responsible for most of the hurt and pain in this world. If being a crossdresser, if being transgendered, if having a part of myself that longs to actually be a woman, has given me any empathy and understanding for women that I would not otherwise have, I do get offended when people use derogatory terms when generically referring to women. It's unnecessary and offensive. But the typical male mindset is to "keep women in their place", however wrong it may be. So few understand that a woman's place is not lower or beneath a man's place, but rather by his side. I put my wife on a pedestal, whether she feels she deserves it or not. And I choose to not use such terms to describe women.

curse within
04-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Well for one ,in guy mood I am a A** hole, in girl mood a B*tch.. If it fits wear it well I say..

tricia_uktv
04-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Well for one ,in guy mood I am a A** hole, in girl mood a B*tch.. If it fits wear it well I say..

Spot on bitch :)

Julieanne
04-12-2009, 11:28 AM
As a person (not just a crossdresser) I have a problem with derogatory language in general. It depends on whether it's really meant to be derogatory or not. I try not to say things/use words behind someone's back that I would not say to their face.

tinachristina
04-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Spot on bitch :)

Hahahah .

Question reframed: Is a CD allowed to call another one bitch even not face to face? :D

Kayla Shadows
04-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I still hear how men talk about women and it disgusts me

Hahahah .

Question reframed: Is a CD allowed to call another one bitch even not face to face? :D

Hell yeah bitch...lol,sorry I had to.I say that with love though :) but yeah,the answer is yes...to me atleast.Example below...

2009-Bitch : a girl who knows what she wants

There was something Kimora Lee Simmons said which was around that meaning.Something to the effect that,women who dont know what they want are seen as a ditz.Strong women who know what they want are seen as a bitch.I'd rather be a bitch.Atleast I get what I want.

There are other women who have tried to change it into something positive and light.One of my friends has a tag on her page that says I love my bitches.Different times I guess.Its all how you say it.

Persephone
04-12-2009, 01:49 PM
"Bitch" doesn't bother me, after all, I've met some pretty "bitchy" women! Heck, for all I know, sometimes I am one!

And I don't get upset when men admire women for being sexy, or for having great bodies, etc. That's called real life and it is part of how the sexes relate.

I do have a definite problem with certain words like the "F" word, which I do feel are demeaning. It particularly bothers me to hear women use them as a put down as, in its original definition, women are the ones being "F---ed."

Great post -- thanks for posting.

Teri Jean
04-12-2009, 01:56 PM
As of lately there has been a reason for my views of how we talk about the opposite sex and at this time I find myself even more in tune with the female side of my personality. Irregardless of motives women in general are the dominate and more intellegent race. Therefore if I had a choice I would be female 24-7 completely.

Keli

GaleWarning
04-12-2009, 02:28 PM
My experience has been that taken as a whole, women are better people than men are. Now, there are exceptions to that rule, of course, but for the most part, it is men that are responsible for most of the hurt and pain in this world.

Sorry, I don't believe that for a moment. Many women have commented to me that men tend to be more open, honest and forthright than women; that men tend not to have "hidden agendas"; that men make better work colleagues because they tend not to hold grudges or stab you in the back.

Of course, there are exceptions.

I also would point out that women have only recently been more prominent in senior positions in society. Many believe that Maggie Thatcher brought a whole lot of pain and misery to this world, and we shall wait and see how our own beloved ex-PM, Helen Clark, who is reviled by many in this part of the world for the social destruction of NZ through many of her policies, will fare in her new senior role a the UN.

Women do beat up their husbands, women do abuse their kids ...

And my own personal favourite ... women choose to have abortions, thereby commiting infanticide millions of times every year. This puts the deeds of such noted "bad men" as Hitler, Dubya, Mugabe etc into a different perspective.

I spent four years with a woman whose mother told her that, had abortion been freely available back then, she would have been terminated. That knowledge is still causing her tremendous pain and suffering.

But back to the topic ... I try not to use abusive language of any form (except in obvious jest or anger) because I believe we are all worthy of being treated with decency and respect, and because I am fortunate to be able to express myself better than the average citizen through subleties and nuances.

boardpuppy
04-12-2009, 02:52 PM
I feel any four letter or five for that matter word to disscribe a lady is disgraceful to the lady (of any gender) and it also shows the low level of understanding/up bringing/education etc (can't find the word). I guess I'm old school where a lady acts as a lady and the man treats her as such.

Admiring a lady is one thing but using 4 or 5 letter words to disscribe then is uncalled for.

Hugs,
Alice

Kate Simmons
04-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Doesn't bother me Hon. If someone calls me "bitch" my response is either: "Yes?", "your point" or "That's MS bitch to you.":battingeyelashes::)

Fab Karen
04-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Having such hatred for all women is as moronic as hatred & epithets against an entire race. People are individuals. REAL MEN don't hold such an attitude.
And a woman stopping the potential for giving birth is not "infanticide," a woman has a right to decide what happens to her body. Comparing that with Hitler is absurd.

Karren H
04-12-2009, 04:50 PM
It doesn't really have anything to do with the clothing I wear... Calling anyone a name is totally uncalled for in my book.. Female or male.... Irregardless of color and sexual orientation!! Its just wrong.!!!!

Tina Dixon
04-12-2009, 04:54 PM
It doesn't really have anything to do with the clothing I wear... Calling anyone a name is totally uncalled for in my book.. Female or male.... Irregardless of color and sexual orientation!! Its just wrong.!!!!
I think you nailed it, "it's just wrong" but every one does it, I mean every one!

shesadvl
04-13-2009, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=Kayla Shadows;1683222]I still hear how men talk about women and it disgusts me
Hell yeah bitch...lol,sorry I had to.I say that with love though :) but yeah,the answer is yes...to me atleast.Example below...

2009-Bitch : a girl who knows what she wants

:devil: laughing... now from this females and I yam a GG devilish perspective I thought as in Bitchology was......

B = Bewdiful

I = Intelligent

T = Thing

C = Causing

H = Hardons

:tongueout didnt think that was deroggortory...:tongueout
shesadvl yup dats me:devil:

trannie T
04-13-2009, 09:06 PM
I was called a bitch recently in this very forum. Of course I deserved it.

Charlena
04-14-2009, 09:20 AM
My father used to call my mother some very nasty slang words, made me sick. But I have worked around women who IMO are bitches, course they might think I'm an
A-hole.

WendyMoore501
04-14-2009, 09:25 AM
B*I*T*C*H
Babe In Total Control of Herself

-Wendy

shesadvl
04-15-2009, 05:16 AM
B*I*T*C*H
Babe In Total Control of Herself

-Wendy

laffing yup either way wendy:devil::thumbsup:

BLUE ORCHID
04-15-2009, 08:07 AM
A co worker once refered to my wife as your old lady I told him she is my wife not my old lady don't ever refer to her like that again.
I said your wife or mother might be your old lady that's ok with me
but don't ever refer to my wife or my mother like that.
That was fourteen years ago we are best friends to this day.
.................................................. ....thanks................ORCHID

Thalia
04-15-2009, 08:31 AM
I was in a partnership once with a man who was very chauvenistic. He definitely felt women were second class citizens and was always looking for 'boys night out' trying to leave the wives home. After women, seeking our services, left the office, he would comment on their physical attributes (lack thereof). It was very derogatory. I spoke up many times but it never changes. I feel that growing up in a household w/out a father, having a grandmother, mother and two older sisters at home growing up was only part of the reason I was and still am so very sensitive to 'women's issues. I'm certain it's partly due to the fact I'm a c/der.