PDA

View Full Version : Dance Hall Days

Magickman
04-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Last night was a dance hall event, with several hundred folks and a 1950s style, rock'n'roll dance band.

Just for fun, I dress up for these dance parties; this time in a knee length denim pencil skirt, black tights, and knee high, 4" heel, black boots.

Many people at this site worry and fret excessively, I think, about the consequences of public dressing. Nobody complains or challenges my outfits.

Anyway, I bought my ticket from a female cashier, who complimented my manicure, which was a good start for the evening. Entering the dance hall, I walked right past a uniformed policeman, who seemed oblivious.

Inside, I walked all around, meeting and greeting with friends.

It took me a little while to warm up to the oldies music, but there were so many women to dance with, that I could not resist.

Standing straight and tall, with a big smile, is the correct posture for such occasions. Confidence is not the easiest thing, but it improves with experience.

Women approached me to ask for dances, and to take my picture. One wanted to "check out" my high heeled boots. Another wanted to tell me about her former boyfriend, who was a crossdresser. She was rather enthusiastic.

Over the evening, I conversed with many women, and danced with quite a few. They were very accepting.

Since so many guys here have difficulty with their SO's non-acceptance, and the problems with keeping secrets, I ask that we consider being more open about dressing.

If we can socialize in public, while dressed, secrets are not an issue. If I meet women who are uncomfortable with men who dress, I find out right away.

At the dance hall, women seem comfortable dancing with the guy in a skirt and heels, even in front of all their friends. I think they enjoy it.

Now, how many of you are really out there dressed up, at public social events?

If you have, what kind of reactions do you get?

Can you achieve comfort, while all dressed up, and flirting with women?

curse within
04-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Wow Magic, way to go .. I for one would never have the courage to do anything like that and to be honest would feel very....out of place. To each their own I say if you enjoy doing such things be very careful to say the least and enjoy, it is unfortunate that there are people who feel it is there duty to take matters in their own hands, just don't want things to turn ugly for you and become a target for a hate crime.

TGMarla
04-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Whether or not you had a good time twirling the ladies as a man in high heeled boots and a skirt (that is, if you're really telling the truth here), parading around in such a venue like that is inviting, with a large neon sign, other men to come and beat the living crap out of you. Just because you went out (allegedly) and had no problems, doesn't mean that there are not risks involved in such a venture. No wig? No makeup? No boobies? Just a guy in a denim pencil skirt and heels? Probably not a real bright idea, successful or not.

I'm real sure that all the ladies were like, "Gee, did you get to dance with that great crossdresser?" Titter, titter, titter. And all the men were like, "Gee, I wish I had his guts, and his way with the ladies!"

Spare me. I hope those boots were thigh highs, because the BS is getting deep in here.

Marilynn
04-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Just a few thoughts. The take-home message of your post seems to be that "we consider being more open about dressing."

You've been registered on this site for a year, and you have no photos available. You don't tell us where this dance was. It's not even clear whether you were presenting as a woman or went as a guy in a skirt. You said that you mingled with friends, so it's a place where you are already known. Do you go to the mall and Home Depot dressed this way? Taken as a whole, your story confuses me. Did these women want to dance with a man who looks like a woman, or a guy who has some women's clothing on? The difference is a big one - the guy in the skirt isn't trying to pass in any sense of the word, but most of us do. Could this have been a gay dance night? I've heard of gay square-dancing groups near me, but the kind of night you describe is hard for me to get my head around.

I live in Massachusetts - the gay marriage state, with active local crossdressing social groups - and I have trouble believing that I could walk into a random retro-dance night presenting as a women and be ignored. I grew up with the people who would be attending, and I know what they think of crossdressers. At best, I think you've left out some important details from your story.

Magickman
04-12-2009, 12:34 PM
It is fair to ask questions about my post and experiences.

I will attempt to answer clearly.

I do not try to pass. I present as a man in turtleneck, skirt, tights, heels, hoop earrings, and manicure.

At dance parties, I go to dance with the women. Most of the women will dance with me, and most of the men don't care.

Some silly people will ask what bathroom I use, or if I am gay. I use the men's room, by he way, and truthfully tell folks I am not gay.

No, I am not a great dancer, but give the gals a vigorous, energetic twirling anyway. They are amazed that the man in 4" heels can dance at all, even if not particularly well.

I like to take the women right up to the front of the dance floor, by the band, and show them a good time, unto dizziness and physical exhaustion.

To pull this off requires lots of confidence, which took substantial time and great effort to acquire. I don't care what anybody thinks, and usually enjoy myself.

Positive attitude is what works for me, and it rubs off on the people I encounter. Energy and enthusiasm do wonders.

Admittedly, not everyone likes my act, and I accept that. Some folks counsel me to change my ways, but to no avail.

Maybe some men who dress would be uncomfortable in similar situations. At many dozens of events, though, my experience is very postive.

This last event was at the Medina Ballroom, in suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota. It is an affluent area, all the way across town from where I live.

They stage public dances almost every weekend, with a crowd that seems very straight and lilly white.

I also attend dance parties at other locations in Minnesota and Wisconsin, with similar experiences.

I am always the only man in a skirt and heels, although I may have seen people of questionable gender once or twice.

No one ever wants to beat me up, and most are friendly. A few women take the trouble to tell me they have had previous partners who dressed.

Unfortunately, I am not skilled with digital photos and their manipulation on the computer. Photo-illiterate. No Pictures.

And yes, I go to the giant Mall of America, Home Depot, and the grocery store while dressed. As a group, female retail cashiers are quite complimentary, especially about my professionally applied acrylic manicure.

Alice Torn
04-12-2009, 12:53 PM
As Elvis once said, "you got a lot of nerve baby."

sherib
04-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Sorry, I don't believe you. Just my opinoun.

Persephone
04-12-2009, 01:40 PM
And yes, I go to the giant Mall of America, Home Depot, and the grocery store while dressed. As a group, female retail cashiers are quite complimentary, especially about my professionally applied acrylic manicure.

I find your post believable and admire your courage for being yourself, for getting out and for having a good time.

I am disturbed by the nay-sayers here who instantly jumped on your story. They have every right to believe or disbelieve what you posted, but I don't feel that they have a right to dump on you.

I have nothing to do with the administration of this forum, but the rules expressely prohibit "Posts
or threads ridiculing other members or the manner in which they express themselves, unless they post of something immoral or illegal. This includes any complaint about the way females, males, transgendered, or any other cross-section of the membership dress, the way they express themselves(such as spelling and language skills, and any mention of religious beliefs, political preferences and affiliations, sexual preference, etc.)"

You go girl!

Presh GG
04-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Granted , there's a big differance here , but I do see men on the bus in kilts, and heals. I wonder where they are coming from. But God ,I worry for their safety.
If you really do go to these dances , please take a friend.
springtime gg

kay2
04-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Sorry, I don't believe you. Just my opinoun.

I believe him. I've done similar things many times (maybe 50). I've had women chat with me about SO's that crossdressed, about my long painted nails, and about my clothes. I don't wear forms, make-up or a wig. Women ask me to dance, and I've dated women that I met.

Paula TV
04-12-2009, 08:53 PM
I believe him as well, why type so much if it's a lie, and waste your time? An acute minority would only do such a thing. I can't compare to his, but based on my very small experience of being in public, they don't want to be near me. Couple of girls crossed the road to get put of my way (probably with way i dressed, it was good distance), and another 2 girls (lesbians?) in a nightclub, not wanting me near them.

Gingerinsa
04-13-2009, 03:59 AM
I have to say, I am not sure what I am - I guess TG will work for me. And I must say I believe him. I do this quite often.
I do have to say, I generally limit it to the bar I work at (a non-gay bar with mixed clientel) and to gay bars. When I do it at the bar I work for on the clock, it is usually to fit the "theme" of the night, like naughty school girl night.
I have a goatee AND long hair. When I do this I generally don't try to present as female, sometimes wearing forms and sometimes not. I ALWAYS shave all over save the goatee (It's a part of my male persona in that bar, and when I shave my income generally goes down, no matter what type of clothes I wear).
I do occasionally go full femme, and like that I'll go to more places (Gay or straight bars), but it's been quite a while.
I usually wear makeup, and sometimes have professionally done or well done myself manicures (Not fake, acrylic, or whatever...my real nails are kept on the long side).
In any case, I always have at least some form of womens clothes on, regardless of how I'm trying to present. I ALWAYS wear womens bottoms, whether eans/skirt, etc. I have regularly worn heels weather dressed as male or female, and yes I had on makeup and my nails done. I've gone to walmart, home depot, out to eat, to school, etc with no problems.
Funny thing is, I live in San Antonio TEXAS!
I have had many female cashiers compliment my nails or makeup, and some guys as well. I have had only a few strange looks. I think my goatee and Harley scares the SH*T out of them!
Anyway, like I said, I believe him!