PDA

View Full Version : Purses, handbags and etc.

TaylorAB
06-28-2005, 05:24 PM
Hi everyone:

I was wondering if anyone has advice on how to choose the right purse, handbag, etc. I have been thinking about buying a few purses for different occasions, but I have no experience as to what purse goes with which occassion. :confused:

I would appreciate hearing from everyone on how they choose the proper purse. :)

Tristen Cox
06-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Me I think black goes with just about everything, if you chose a color then you are limited to what it goes with as far as what you are wearing. Now for what you need for size, just plan out what all you are going to need to bring with you, then whether you want certain things separated with pockets. I love lots of different sized pockets for this and that but too many and you get lost trying to find something. Hope that helps :)

MarieTS
06-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Taylor-- welcome to the beauty of purses! There is no better compliment to an outfit, nor expression of color and femininity than your pocketbook. In addition to color, the texture and size of a purse are also key considerations. Ask yourself, "does this bag look right with this outfit? Does this pocketbook go with the type of image I'm trying to project?"
Also pay attention to the straps. You'll want to ensure they are practical and don't always slip off your shoulders. Adjustable strap lengths are also important considerations for hanging bags. You'll want the bag to fall at the height of your best feature, i.e., waist or hips... whichever you prefer to bring attention to. Or more importantly, ensure it doesn't fall at the level you wish to draw people's attention away from.
For formal wear consider clutches only, no straps.
And don't forget to pay attention to your wallet, make-up bags, eye glass case, check-book cover, cell-phone case, etc. They don't necesarilly have to match. But you'll want them to at least compliment your pocketbook. I man afterall, what could look less polished in a classy gal than pulling a lime green vinyl wallet out of an expensive red leather bag? :rolleyes: You get the point.
Tristen had an excellent point about black. it goes with pretty much everything. But don't be afraid to expand to your horizons. Just remember to consider your acessories and inner bag components as well.
Lastly-- remember this is supposed to be FUN!!!! Enjoy it... and when you are shopping for an outfit don't forget to ask yourself... "what purse will I carry with this? Ooops, I don't have one that really goes... looks like another item for my shopping list!" :cool:

TaylorAB
06-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks, Tristen and Marie, I've been at wits end trying to figure out what I should get and how I should go about finding the right purse. :)