PDA

View Full Version : On a Panel

janelle
04-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Hi all;
Tomorrow I get to be on a panel here in La Crosse at the UW to inform doctors & others about issues we all face. Driving some distance for treatment, no insurance coverage & what ever else comes up. There will be 2 M t F & 2 F to M for the questions. It will be a long day but I am looking forward to it. I may not reap any rewards from this but someone coming up may. Must try to help those that still may not accept themselves. Just thought you girls should know. Happy Easter.

Hugs N Kisses,
Janelle

Shelly Preston
04-12-2009, 06:56 PM
I hope your contribution make a difference :hugs:

Good Luck

~Kelly~
04-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Good luck! :hugs:

Joan Merrie
04-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Good luck, I hope all goes well. Maybe you will be able to help someone.:hugs:

Carole Cross
04-13-2009, 02:42 AM
Good luck.

Siobhan Marie
04-13-2009, 05:07 AM
Good luck honey :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: :love:

janelle
04-13-2009, 06:08 PM
The conferance went very well. The other 3 On the panel with me had a really good time & some very interesting questions. Alot of people were wondering why we keep things under wraps. Simple put when Doctors & others of the area do not understand, you don't wish to take you life in you hands & make super big waves. It was even stated that some Dr.'s will change the subject when it is brought up to them. Those attending could not believe it. Many thanked us for our part of this & are going to try to get things moving in our clinics, time will tell. We now at least have it out to more people which seem to understand better & who knows where it will go from here. I guess for me it was a success. My therapist was there & she said the way I answered the questions could not have been any better, so I am giving myself a pat on the back & then looking for someplace else to educate people.
Thanks all, your super people here.

Hugs,
Janelle

pamela_a
04-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Great job Janelle. It's good to hear the conference went well. Thank you for doing a great job representing all of us.

Hugs.

-Paula-

janelle
04-14-2009, 04:07 PM
I know of no other way than to step forward & fight for the things we all need. Like now I am still pushing all of the western Wisconsin Congress people to step in & help us. Several said they are looking into it. Not much but it is a start.
I hope more people will step forward if or when they hear about a trans conference & take part. We all need to chip in.

Hugs,
Janelle