PDA

View Full Version : Off is harder than On

Pip
06-28-2005, 05:25 PM
You know, I'm sure I'm not the only one that has to go to work every day in guy mode. That doesn't stop us from wanting to be in girl mode at night. Last night it only took me about 30 minutes to do make up and nails.

Now, I don't take the toenail polish off because, well....can't see 'em through my work boots, but...

I swear it took me almost an hour to get everything else off. One wash of the face doesn't get it. There's the make up remover....gotta get all of that eyeliner off....don't forget that foundation under the ear...

And the fingernails! Geez....I must have had to go over them three times to get every small part off. That's all I need is to walk out of the house in the morning and see red cuticles. And when you think you have it all off, go somewhere that you have a really really bright light, and take your polish remover with you because there will be more. Even today I found myself scratching at little small spots in the cuticles.

Amazing, but am I the only one that spends more time taking it off than putting it on?

But it's still worth it! :flirt:

Pip

Tristen Cox
06-28-2005, 05:43 PM
There's foundation under the ear?! Now I know what they were staring at :eek:

Pip
06-28-2005, 05:52 PM
:lol:

I don't know Tristan. All I know is I looked over my face very meticulously so as to not leave any tell tale signs.

The nails seem to be the toughest part. I bet I spent more time taking off nail polish than I did putting everything on to begin with.

Pip

DanaJ
06-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Pip, three suggestions:
use a base coat
don't put the polish right up to the cuticles
when you take it off, just dampen the cotton, don't soak it with polish remover

DanaJ

paulaN
06-28-2005, 07:44 PM
also try a very small stiff brissal brush like an acid brush. I cut the brissals short so thay are nice and stiff. that has worked so well for me removing polish around the cuticals.

Deanna2
06-28-2005, 09:38 PM
Like DanaJ says, don't apply the polish right up the cuticles. It also has the added value of making your fingernails appear smaller than they are and more femme, especially if you have big hands.

Kat
06-28-2005, 10:38 PM
I had left glue on my nails from press-ons and a friend who doesn't know that I dress noticed it and asked what it was. I looked at it, shrugged, and said, "art project." Then I continued the conversation from where we had been. He didn't think twice about following it up.

A little polish around the cuticles can be shrugged off - if you don't pay much attention to it, there's a really really good chance that no one else will either.

FionaAlexis
06-28-2005, 10:59 PM
Pip,

I don't have much problem with nail polish as I use DanaJ's method.

Eye makeup always seem to leave a trace or a shadow of having been there - and i remember being with my daughter in a cafe after changing back to male. She looked very closely at me and said in a loud voice 'Dad, you're still wearing eye liner' as I hid under the table. Its one one thing being read in full dress mode - quite different to be outed in guy mode.

So yes Pip, I empathise with your prob there.

Fiona xx

girlintouch
06-29-2005, 02:03 AM
I found that a well manicure nails are easy to clean. It also helps with nail growth.

Clare
07-04-2005, 07:59 AM
I must get a manicure one day!

Cut those cuticles back and taking some care of my nails would be good for me!

BTW, do manicures hurt - i mean the cuticle part?

Christine

DonnaT
07-05-2005, 03:58 PM
I've found that Red is the hardest color to get off.

Like Dana says, don't soak the nail with remover, or the polish will run and get into places you don't want.

For makeup removal, I use Noxzema and rince it off with a wet wash cloth. Seems to get all for me.

Julie
07-05-2005, 04:22 PM
You can buy a container that has polish remover in it and a circular brush inside. You stick your finger in the brush and move it up and down and side to side and it does an amazing job at removing everything. This is what Nailene's product looks like.
http://www.shoppersdrugmart.ca/english/beauty/products/hand_foot/nailene/images/image027.jpg

There's other companies that make this too. They usually are categorized as Artificial Nail and Polish Remover. What makes it work so well is the bristles in the center of the jar.

Pip
07-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Like Dana says, don't soak the nail with remover, or the polish will run and get into places you don't want.

Like under the tip of the nail. My nails were starting to get long enough to look nice painted but not too long while in guy mode. Had to clip them this past weekend because most of them had polish under the tip and was impossible to get out.

:(

Pip

CharleneCD
07-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Pip, I cant help in the nail dept., as I dont take my polish off. For makeup though I use Ponds facial scrubs. They take off my makeup really well. Even Bunny has started using them now. Isnt that a treat, the Cd giving a GG a tip.

Sherlyn
07-05-2005, 08:56 PM
I use fake nails ...Kew gave a glue called Fing'rs Liquid Press-On Temporary Nail Glue.... it works great ..they never come off ...til u shower ...the warm water gets up under the nail and with slight pressure it falls right off ...AND the nail is reusable :)

gender_blender
07-06-2005, 02:12 AM
Wow, it sounds like alot of needlessly unneccessary arduous labor to remain a closeted crossdresser. Best of luck with that, Pip.

Charlie

DanaJ
07-06-2005, 05:07 AM
Like under the tip of the nail. My nails were starting to get long enough to look nice painted but not too long while in guy mode. Had to clip them this past weekend because most of them had polish under the tip and was impossible to get out.

:(

PipPip - that sounds like you are using too much polish remover to take the polish off. Remember, just dampen your cotton ball (or whatever you use), then let it sit on your nail for about 5 - 10 seconds, then just wipe off. I have taken off 4 coats like this (base coat, 2 color coats, top coat) with no problems at all.

If you get polish under your nails, take a Q-tip (cotton bud), dip it in the polish remover, and then wipe under the nail.

DanaJ