PDA

View Full Version : Wig Care

Vanessa kitty
06-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Heya gals

im in a dilemma as my local wig shop has closed down and are unable to buy any more wig shampoo until i find another shop that does is there, an alternative to clean your wigs (I think normal shampoo ruins not sure), if there pls help ARGHHHHH lol

Love Vanessa K

Tristen Cox
06-28-2005, 05:55 PM
I believe after seeing a few places online for wigs that they do sell a product for washing them in. Since a lot of wigs are still synthetic there has to be a specially designed wash for them. Normal shampoo is made for human hair, and seems to only dull and harden synthetics. I'm sure if you look online at a few shops they may carry special wig care products.

Stlalice
06-28-2005, 06:07 PM
Try going to the Paula Young website www.paulayoung.com - if memory serves they will have what you need. Go to search and enter "wig care".

Vanessa kitty
06-28-2005, 07:49 PM
ty gals for your help :)

Mandy Salamander
06-29-2005, 02:05 AM
Okay now, I haven't actually tried this yet, but I read at an ebay wig store site that a tablespoon of liquid laundry detergent in a sinkful of COLD water would work safely and cheaply to clean synthetic wigs, used similarly as your wig shampoo, but do rinse well.// Also, a capfull of liquid fabric softener to a sinkfull of COLD water makes an acceptable conditioner, again rinse well, this part I have tried and was satisfied with the results, liked the way the fibers felt, nice and soft, and smelled afterwards. Best to try on an older wig first (as I did) if you have one available...

Tristen Cox
06-29-2005, 10:27 AM
I hadn't thought of fabric softener, worth a try. Thanks :)

RachelB.
06-29-2005, 11:55 AM
Most any beauty supply house will sell wig shampoo. You may have to ask since it usually isn't a high demand object.

Stephanie Mancini
06-29-2005, 11:57 PM
fabric softener works really well but only use a little, likewise Pantene pro v shampoo and conditioner works really well as a standby

Steph

Vanessa kitty
06-30-2005, 12:34 AM
hmmm interesting but didnt think you could use shampoo?
thought it makes the hair fall out ???

Julie
06-30-2005, 01:07 AM
Why take a chance? There's plenty of wig outlets online. I like Beauty Trends (http://www.beautytrends.com). Their prices are reasonable and have great customer service.

DonnaT
07-01-2005, 12:42 AM
Woolite for synthetic material will work also.