PDA

View Full Version : Hat trick Friday

pamela_a
04-13-2009, 09:13 AM
I know I at least have Karren's attention now :).

Friday I was sitting in a physical therapy waiting room waitng to be called in for my appointment. I'm checking something on my Blackberry when I hear someone call "ma'am....ma'am". When I look up I see there is an older lady looking at me. She asks if I could open a soda for her (she messed up her arm and was having difficulty opening it herself). I open it and we chat for a while until she is called in.

After the appointment I had a few errands to run. I stop into a convienence store and am standing in line behind 2 teenaged girls. I can sense the look and just smile at them. The poor guy at the counter who is obviously having a bad day looks up at me and says "I'll be right with you ma'am". As he's trying to finnish what he's doing so he can get to the customers he's interrupted several times, each time he looks at me and apologizes with "I'm sorry ma'am, I'll be right with you"

I finnish with some grocery shopping and as the cashier, a teen aged boy, hands me my receipt he tells me "thank you ma'am".

I couldn't believe it, being called ma'am 3 times in 1 day by 3 different people. I've never gotten a hat trick like that before.

-Paula-

Jonelle
04-13-2009, 09:17 AM
Hey-OOOOOOO

That is a fantastic thing... Congrats on your wonderful day! With the help from this community I am sure that many of us will eventually achieve the same results!!

Patricia1
04-13-2009, 09:19 AM
You da "ma'am"! Congrats!

Karren H
04-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Yeah!! Awesome... But your lucky that you don't live in Detroit... Those octopie leave a stain on your clothing I've heard!! Lol. Sound like a Natural Hat Trick... 3 in same shift or period!! :).

trannie T
04-13-2009, 09:16 PM
I hardly ever wear hats.

Persephone
04-14-2009, 01:13 AM
I couldn't believe it, being called ma'am 3 times in 1 day by 3 different people. I've never gotten a hat trick like that before.

-Paula-

Congrats Paula! Great!

PretzelGirl
04-14-2009, 09:07 PM
That must be a glow that sticks with you for a while!

Leanne2
04-14-2009, 09:36 PM
The blond cross dressers are saying," what kind of a trick can someone do with a hat?" Leanne

Teri Jean
04-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Paula, congrats and now keep your stick on the ice and go for another. WOW.

Keli

Emma England
04-16-2009, 01:34 PM
The blond cross dressers are saying," what kind of a trick can someone do with a hat?" Leanne

The trick is if your hat is big enough, then anyone can pass as female! :D

MsJanessa
04-16-2009, 02:36 PM
well why wouldn't people call you "maam"?