PDA

View Full Version : So, what do you consider yourself really?

Kate Simmons
04-13-2009, 12:18 PM
I get mixed signals from some folks here a lot of times, especially when they comment on different subjects. Some of the responses are definately of the "fruity" variety, such as "getting my hair cut/styled like a woman", "getting my nails done and/or pedicure weekly", "taking voice and/or walking lessons." WTF? Not that I'm specifically picking on anyone and I know excitement can build when we do things to "emulate" women but do some really "listen" to themselves when they say this? I tend to think some folks are really TS rather than CDers. I do realize getting to know who we are is part of it but I'm wondering what some (especially some with accepting SO's) really consider themselves to be?

It doesn't surprise me in the least when some SO's read their partners' comments on here and possibly question the true intention of dressing to begin with. That could scare the pants off of a mountain lion and I have to really admire the devotion of some of these women to their partners. The object to me is to come off understanding the feelings associated with CDing with dignity and not sounding like some kind of "pansy" and at the same time being able to enjoy who we are as a person. Sometimes I think though that through trying to "fit in" with others, we actually place ourselves in a diminished capacity without realizing it. We really cannot complain about others putting us down when we, ourselves, do it with word and deed.

Anyway, I'm wondering what others here really consider themselves to be? A "man", a "woman" or something in-between? Myself? I've gone way past the gender nonsense and just consider myself a person with "male" and "female" aspects. Much easier that way.;):)

Lisa Golightly
04-13-2009, 12:30 PM
TS M2F. So a bit of a girl really. :)

StaceyJane
04-13-2009, 12:35 PM
My mind is spinning just trying to figure that one out. My driver's licence says male but I don't think that's the answer. Maybe a male with a female brain is a better answer. Or maybe female wannabe. Ack!!!!!!
I'll have to get back to you for my answer.

MJ
04-13-2009, 01:06 PM

:iagree: or i am a woman !

Lorileah
04-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Its simple. I am a person. I have my own feelings, needs and wants. I am nothing more and nothing less. I am me. The world is not black and white but shades of gray, where things blur.

"Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colors from our sight
Red is grey and yellow white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion "

I am me.

Karren H
04-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Just another guy in a dress!!

Charleen
04-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Just another guy, but my case with the wrong equipment.

sara_also
04-13-2009, 01:27 PM
I am a crossdresser with a wonderful and very supportive wife.....
Nothing more nothing less

Stacye Rose
04-13-2009, 01:28 PM
I is a Hoomin Bean.

Seriously, I am a human being-a person. I was born male and I live my life as a male. I have more than a few feminine traits and I like me that way. So apparently to the other people in my life or I doubt they would be my friends.

Most all of these folks know I occasionaly dress, act, and present myself as female. I've been known to color my hair, go and get a manicure/pedicure, shop for heels, or, show up at a party or night out wearing a dress and/or make-up. I do these things when I feel like they would be fun things to do. My friends know it's just part of the mystery/conundrum that is me. It's just a part of who I am.

"All the world's a stage............"

Kokoro
04-13-2009, 01:29 PM
A real tough one to answer. I don't crave putting on frilly dresses or have an obsesion with high heels as i know some here do. I just feel i want to be me, but female. What catagory that falls under i have no idea, but its the best description of myself i can come up with.

marla01
04-13-2009, 01:29 PM
I am me.

You took the words right out of my mouth :-)

I too am me.

Marla

LindaTS
04-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Well, all of the people I've delt with, including my doctors, consider me to be a TS. But like MJ I just prefer to be a woman.

JennyBaby
04-13-2009, 01:44 PM
I consider myself a woman!:)

Deborah Jane
04-13-2009, 01:47 PM

Yup, me too!!

kay_jessica
04-13-2009, 01:50 PM

I'm with Lisa.......

Shelly Preston
04-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Normal - well I am ME

Well I guess I am an individual with both male and female traits

Crossdresser is a label which society uses to describe me I am happy with most of the qualities I have and I am comfortable expressing myself in male or female dress within limits to protect my family

The limits are for another thread

cdterri
04-13-2009, 01:54 PM
I am a man who enjoys wearing womens clothing, nothing more or less ! The fact is I look very good in a dress or skirt and top, much better than in a suit.
My wife will attest to that fact. I'm not sure if it's because I feel so much more relaxed and can let My softer, more understanding, just plain happier side show,or if I just have the type of personality and body that belongs in a dress. Either way it doesn't matter, I am Me and I am satisfied with who I am.

Marilynn
04-13-2009, 02:00 PM
of the fruity variety?

like some kind of pansy?

Nice.

Anna the Dub
04-13-2009, 02:23 PM

Ditto!

Erica K.
04-13-2009, 02:27 PM
I look good in a dress or suit, but prefer the dress ;)

not an easy question to answer, but fun to think about it.

jenniferj
04-13-2009, 02:30 PM
There really isn't a simple answer. I find that I dress as JJ whenever I can, and - given my druthers- would prefer to be seen as a woman. I certainly enjoy following many of society's stereotypes that ordinarily apply to women and receive great satisfaction from nurturing and caring for others.

But, I love my wife dearly, enjoy and crave "the normal" sexual relations with her, and have never actually been interested in a guy. My wife and I had a talk recently where she asked if I really want to be a woman, and I replied that the only way I would want that was that if she wanted to be a guy...It's nearly as confusing to me as it is to her.

So I guess that this make me a woman who wears dresses and likes to use her male parts to make love to her wife? :heehee:

-jj

Tina Dixon
04-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Just some old biker dude who when puts on a dress turns in to a super hot red-headed babe:gorgeous:

Kate Simmons
04-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Good answers all my friends. It seems most here know who they are which is refreshing in a basically mixed up world. I honestly expected nothing less. Most of us are light years ahead of so called "normal" people in that respect.:)

MarcellaMcNul
04-13-2009, 02:39 PM

Me three.

Sarah...
04-13-2009, 02:57 PM
I tend to think some folks are really TS rather than CDers.

That could scare the pants off of a mountain lion

First quote - I agree.

Second quote - they wear pants?

Me? I'm really rather fond of the gender binary. I'm a woman and mighty happy to be so.

Sarah...

pink femme
04-13-2009, 03:15 PM
oh definately a girl.

The thought of having long hair that can be put up or left down.....

The thought of having a pretty face........

The thought of wearing a bra for a reason.....

The thought of wearing panties without tucking........

The thought of having periods............

The thought of being a girl is overpowering

LisaM
04-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Right now a non-transitioning MTF TS.

sometimes_miss
I'm a guy who has crossdressing as one of my coping mechanisms. Which, instead of drinking, using drugs, or violence, is a pretty decent option. I just wish women could understand that, because it's pretty clear most of them prefer the former options.

Ruth
I love this question because although it's one of the tough ones, it gets right to the heart of the matter and also is posed the right way.
It's not "what are you", it's "what do you consider yourself to be".
I asked a similar one a while back and the answers, then as now, were very rewarding.
I'm reading a very interesting book at the moment called Middlesex. The heroine (or hero) is a hermaphrodite who was raised as a girl to the age of 14 then discovers her/his condition and opts to be a boy.
To be technical, he was a 5-alpha-reductase pseudo-hermaphrodite and had a pair of balls all along, just undescended.
Anyway, all the while she thought she was a girl, she was a girl: then when he realised he was a boy, he was a boy.
Fascinating stuff. Not a real parallel physiologically with CDing, but it makes the point that to an incredible extent you are what you think you are.

Kate Simmons
04-13-2009, 03:53 PM
..and I love your posting Ruth. It's proof that any of us can be anyone we want to be. It's only limited by our own creativity really.:)

Elizebeth
04-13-2009, 04:58 PM
I think of myself as a crossdresser. What does it matter what lable is used though.

Nicki B
04-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Simple - I'm an in-betweenie.

But I haven't ever managed to get my head around why being androgenous doesn't work for me - it's all of one, or all of the other, as a presentation?

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-13-2009, 05:14 PM
So, what do you consider yourself really?

I'm a male to female crossdresser. I'm a man with a very strong feminine side and I like girly fashion and style. I like to dress and feel girly. I like to dress the way I'd like my girl to dress for me. If someone calls me a "girly-man", I'd say that's a pretty good assessment and I'm not embarrassed by it. Should I be?

I'm not interested in SRS. I'm straight, all the time (always like the real ladies).

I'm not a wuss - I'll avoid fighting whenever possible, but if I'm attacked, I'll fight until I (hopefully) win or until I'm dead.

Sometimes I practice talking like a woman, and why not? I try to look like one. I think it helps complete the image and feel.

Women drive me crazy - it was never enough to have a sexy woman in my life - I have to OWN it (the sexy look), and become it... or as closely as I can.

My wife knows and loves Gabrielle, my female side. She's supportive and even encouraging of my crossdressing. Even so, sometimes I overwhelm her with it.

I love being a crossdresser. I love this gift I have. I love who I am and wish I could share this happiness with the world... meaning I wish I could make everyone as happy.

What am I? I guess classify me how you like. I'm just a mtf crossdresser; a part time t-girl, and love being me. :)

msginaadoll
04-13-2009, 05:34 PM
I am a CD who has a strong female side. I do try and work to present myself as female especially when out. My voice, walk etc. I guess that makes me fruit flavored. I have also been known to crank up my heavy metal, and do stupid crazy male things. So i guess i am one of the confused ones.

Samantha43
04-13-2009, 06:20 PM

Add me to the list.

Jenniferpl
04-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Another guy in a dress with a supportive wife.

Kendra (Tx)
04-13-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm just "me"...A "guy in a dress", No more, no less...:D

http://kendra954.com

Margot
04-13-2009, 07:24 PM
As I get up off the floor trying to figure out what started this thread. I'm guessing a boy in a dress and nothing more.
For me I enjoy all the trappings of the feminine side as well as trying to place my mind into the correct persona for my attire. I get enthused about hair styling, manicures, pedicures and dancing. Anything wrong with that?:Angry3:
Nuff said
Margot

AshleyCDFL
04-13-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm just me!

Joan Merrie
04-13-2009, 07:32 PM
:iagree: or i am a woman !

:iagree: Totally. yes woman.:hugs:

Jonelle
04-13-2009, 07:34 PM
I consider my self a WoahMan!!

curse within
04-13-2009, 07:36 PM
A male who likes to play dress-up sometimes...

kellycan27
04-13-2009, 07:41 PM
A woman... a fruity pansy kind if you like.

Angie G
04-13-2009, 07:43 PM
I think of myself as a woman with man parts who must play at being a man at times. When I dress I feel right with the world.:hugs:
Angie

trannie T
04-13-2009, 08:00 PM
I am a man who wears dresses sometimes and panties always. I do not dream of becoming a woman, I do not want SRS, I do wish I was better at makeup. As the great philosopher Popeye once said, "I yam what I yam."

rickie121x
04-13-2009, 08:04 PM
What I am: A great deal of the time I am an everyday American male, doing his part in today's society. Other parts of time, I am a fairy non typical male dressed in everyday women's clothing or in female "leathers" in the role of a BDSM Dominant female. I am good at what I do in those roles, importantly fulfilling destitute inner spaces. :daydreaming:

kristinacd55
04-13-2009, 08:06 PM
As Austin Powers would say, "She's a Man Baby!" Of course in my mind I'm a Woman Baby!

AmandaM
04-13-2009, 09:03 PM
I've been called a fruit and a pansy, but I'm really somewhere between TS and CD on any given day. So, I prefer to be called "tart".

Jonianne
04-13-2009, 09:05 PM
.........I get mixed signals from some folks here a lot of times, especially when they comment on different subjects. Some of the responses are definately of the "fruity" variety, such as "getting my hair cut/styled like a woman",.........I tend to think some folks are really TS rather than CDers. I do realize getting to know who we are is part of it but I'm wondering what some (especially some with accepting SO's) really consider themselves to be?

It doesn't surprise me in the least when some SO's read their partners' comments on here and possibly question the true intention of dressing to begin with........Anyway, I'm wondering what others here really consider themselves to be? A "man", a "woman" or something in-between? Myself? I've gone way past the gender nonsense and just consider myself a person with "male" and "female" aspects. Much easier that way.;):)

Arianna, maybe I am taking your post too seriously and/or personally, but when I read it, I felt like saying "Arianna, get off your high horse." This forum IS a learning and growing place. We are going to have varied thoughts and ideas that constantly change with time. The moment we think we have arrived, we ain't.

You probably was not thinking of me, but I did just go to a hair stylist for the first time this past friday. My hair has just got long enough to where I can work with it and it was awesome to have someone work with my hair just like women have had for ages. And no, it doesn't scare my wife, because she has been trying to get me to grow it long for years and when I finally went to the stylist she told me to take a magizine picture to show how I wanted it (I already knew). My wife knows there is a part of me that would love to be a female, but she also knows, that I know, mentally, I default to male in my everyday life. I would like my hair to reflect the identity I have "with" females, not "as" a female. I simply do not identify "as" a female, nor can I pretend to, especially when I am in the real everyday world. That is just me. Like it or not, I am still just a guy.

I am a male who yearns to identify with females and to have a strong connection with them and also with likeminded kindred spirits here on the forum. I started cd'ing at 7 but I did not have a strong desire to be a female. What I did desire was to be able to do some of the same things they did and very much envied girls who were "tomboys". They were not as trapped in one gender behaviour as we were as boys in that age. I wanted to be able to be a "tomgirl". My fanatsy was to be able to turn myself into a female when I wanted to and then turn back to being a boy when I wanted to. I suppose that is somewhere in between just enjoying putting on womens cloths for the fun of it and being TS. In the middle, where I think many, if not most of us are.

Patty
04-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Its simple. I am a person. I have my own feelings, needs and wants. I am nothing more and nothing less. I am me. The world is not black and white but shades of gray, where things blur.

"Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colors from our sight
Red is grey and yellow white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion "

I am me.

That's me

Jennifer_Cross
04-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Just a guy that loves to swap rolls and play the opposite sex for peace of mind... Love the feel of the transition and everything that goes with it.

Jen

kathtx
04-13-2009, 10:38 PM
But, I love my wife dearly, enjoy and crave "the normal" sexual relations with her, and have never actually been interested in a guy. My wife and I had a talk recently where she asked if I really want to be a woman, and I replied that the only way I would want that was that if she wanted to be a guy...It's nearly as confusing to me as it is to her.

Just curious... did it occur to you that there's another option: you could become a woman, and she could remain a woman and still love you.
We're all so conditioned to think of heterosexuality as the norm that we sometimes overlook the obvious. For years it puzzled me that I wanted to be a woman, but had no interest in men. One day, the light clicked: I'm a gay woman! Luckily, I was able to fall in love with and marry another gay woman who was able to look beyond my Y chromosome.

Now, your wife may not think of herself as lesbian or bisexual, but if she's attracted to your female side, that is one way to make sense of the conundrum. Ultimately, however, the answer might just be that she loves Jennifer, not women or men or MTFs or CDs or TSs; she just loves *you*.

So I guess that this make me a woman who wears dresses and likes to use her male parts to make love to her wife? :heehee:

That's me! (Well almost... without going into details of the alternatives, let's just say that my male parts are not a big part of our love life...). Basically I'm just another femme tomboy lesbian with a Y chromosome.

Kate Simmons
04-14-2009, 05:27 AM
Well my purpose for this thread was not to be on a "high horse" just to find out what folks considered themselves to be if they were so inclined to share (despite being called "names" by others). The responses have been nothing less than amazing and I thank everyone for their thoughts.:)

Raychel
04-14-2009, 05:44 AM
Just a fat old guy that likes to dress in womens clothes. :doh:

guardian832
04-14-2009, 06:16 AM
I know that I'm probably a little out of synch with some things, but first and foremost I considered myself to be human.:D As for the rest of it, when I finally figured-out that alot of the conflicts within, and the way I viewed most things in general, had to do with the fact that there was another part of me wanting to be included in the general scheme of things. Once reconciled to that, I was able to even give my alter-ego an identity of "her" own. I was born male, and have no wish to be anything else. The fact was that "I" wasn't complete until I recognized that there was "another" to reconcile with. When I dress, it's when all of me is in the mood, and "we" feel that it's right for "us" at the time.

Rachaelb64
04-14-2009, 06:54 AM
I am, Me, Myself and Rachael..........

Therefore I am.

:D

Jonianne
04-14-2009, 08:15 AM
.......The responses have been nothing less than amazing and I thank everyone for their thoughts.:)

Arianna, I know you are a deep thinker and like to post thought-provoking threads to get people to use thier noggin. I trust (hope?) you were not offended in my sharing how your first post made me feel. I felt safe to share that with you, because I knew you are a very mature member here with a lot of wisdom. I hope the rest of my response gave some insight into who I am.

Charlena
04-14-2009, 08:34 AM
An effeminate man who knows when to be a man, and when to dress like a lady. For thats all I want is the opportunity to dress like a lady when appropriate. Confusing as hell sometimes but when I learn to accept this, I will be me.

I was playing golf with a friend the other day and stepped up to the tee box with my male swagger saying I,m knocking this son of a B*t#h to hit the green in two (short par 5) Hit a 300 yard drive (elevated tee and downhill slope). My display of liking the shot must have been rather feminine as I saw my friend looking at me strange. I said "What?" I dont know if this story is relevant but "What the Hell, oh please excuse my language. (blushes). Still trying to find the balance.

Kate Simmons
04-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Arianna, I know you are a deep thinker and like to post thought-provoking threads to get people to use thier noggin. I trust (hope?) you were not offended in my sharing how your first post made me feel. I felt safe to share that with you, because I knew you are a very mature member here with a lot of wisdom. I hope the rest of my response gave some insight into who I am.Understood Joni and no problem. My object was really to see how deeply others consider themselves as a person. This despite all the "guff" we sometimes take for being ourselves. Seems I'm not the only deep thinker here my friend.:)

Christine St James
04-14-2009, 09:31 AM
I'm just a part time girl.

Cary
04-14-2009, 09:38 AM
A guy who likes to wear women's clothes.

sissystephanie
04-14-2009, 09:58 AM

But what a good looking "guy," Karren! I'm not so good looking, but I am definitely a guy in a skirt. I am a CD, nothing more and nothing less!!

Malori Cross
04-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Good question, Adrianna, and most of the replies here echo my feelings.

I usually can find my sweet spot simply by wearing panties and a slightly feminine sweater, and focusing on thinking soft, nurturing, kind thoughts. I think of it as being in my Angel Mode. I don't become pansified for fruity. Just a better Human Being, I hope.

Thanks for asking.

battybattybats
04-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Bi-gender(as in having both strong male and female gender aspects, though in my case far less of the male in comparison to the female) and genderqueer aka Genderfree (as in mixing aspects of masculinity and femininity together at once in a ration depending on my mood at the time) while having a male body.

I have found that while my day to day self is a mixture of masculinity and femininity I still need times of much increased femininity where I fully crossdress. And sometimes i need to indulge my masculine side more.

suchacutie
04-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Maybe someday I'll know the answer to this question, and that's exactly why Tina is exploring the part of him that quite clearly is remarkably feminine. It's a little startling that when my wife suddenly suggested giving that part of me a name and buying her a dress, the two gendered selves just as suddenly were evident, when for the previous years they seemed somehow unintellibibly blurred.

So, the best answer I can give at the moment is that I'm a person with a strong masculine self, and an ever-strengthening and identifying feminine self. At the moment I can't imagine blurring that transgenderism, since it seems that there is more and more separation, not less and less. Since Tina has only had a few years to figure herself out (and in fits and starts at that), I'm sure it will be a few more years before she can say she comfortably understands herself.

I and we thank you for the question!

Sally2005
04-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Just a regular dude. There is a fantasy aspect though that I get stuck in sometimes that says I can grow my hair out, for example and skip the wig, but in reality it just gets too long and doesn't look good either way... In the end I go back to wigs. You won't find me doing too much feminine stuff except as a passing tool for when I dress. I don't even like shopping that much.

Carole Cross
04-14-2009, 12:10 PM
I am woman, I was just born in the wrong body. I am now taking steps to put that right. It won't be easy and it will cost a fortune, but at least I have the full support of my family. :)

KimberlyJo
04-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Normal - well I am ME

Well I guess I am an individual with both male and female traits

Crossdresser is a label which society uses to describe me I am happy with most of the qualities I have and I am comfortable expressing myself in male or female dress within limits to protect my family

This is pretty much how I feel right now.

Patrice
04-14-2009, 01:21 PM
A talking monkey with shoes. Admittedly they are pretty shoes . . .

In all seriousness, just Homo Sapiens, all else is contextually negotiable.

TrekGirl1701
04-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Physically, I am a male.

Mentally, I am myself. There are aspects of my personality that are generally associated with each gender, but I'm not one or the other.

Christina Horton
04-14-2009, 01:58 PM

Karren is one of the most quoted women here. Ya got to love the though. I am man when dressed as one with fem trates , I am a woman when dressed as one with male trates. My goal is when woman I am woman is all you see. I have been thinking if I can get a job where I am home all the time and can dress as Christina all the time I might get breast implants. I am getting my beard removed. Do I want srs......no. So what do I think I am (I am woman/man) and nothing more. There now let's see how many more girls quot karren LOL

Kate Simmons
04-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Physically, I am a male.

Mentally, I am myself. There are aspects of my personality that are generally associated with each gender, but I'm not one or the other.Even with my attitude of just being myself, if it were possible to step into a transporter and scramble the chromosomes, I'd probably be tempted Hon.:heehee:

Karen564
04-14-2009, 02:25 PM

Yup, That's me too...In fact Lisa & I are Sisters...:love:

But I have been known to CD as a guy sometimes..:heehee:

:hugs:

countrygirl
04-14-2009, 02:55 PM
I am a crossdresser, I am me.

Ralph
04-14-2009, 04:22 PM
To be technical, he was a 5-alpha-reductase pseudo-hermaphrodite and had a pair of balls all along, just undescended. Anyway, all the while she thought she was a girl, she was a girl: then when he realised he was a boy, he was a boy.

Wasn't there a House episode about that? She was even a beauty pageant winner.

To answer the OP's question, I'm all guy. I don't have an alternate "persona", don't use a femme name at any time, don't shave except once a week to look nice for church, don't wear a wig, falsies, makeup, jewelry, or nail polish.

But that's just me - I'm after the tactile sensation of soft clothes, so I don't care what I look like. I'm hardly in a position to judge others who do want to be considered female. CDing is a big tent, with room for all of us. Even the freaks :battingeyelashes:.

ralph

Kelly Greene
04-14-2009, 04:27 PM
I am a man who likes to look pretty, who wants to grow hair back on the top of my head.
I think I would like to fill out a bikini top without using breast forms.
I don’t want a gender change surgery.

Teri Jean
04-14-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm biologically male with the feelings of a female, and sorry Lori but I see life in shades of color. LOL Besides if I want to be a female 60% or more then that is my decission. Everyone is different as the colors of the rainbow.

Keli

Nicki B
04-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Like it or not, I am still just a guy.

Joni.. You are, self-evidently, not just a guy.. :)

For all those who identify as simply 'guys in frocks' - that's great for you. :) But please - remember, to many dysphorics, the term, when used inclusively, grates hugely...

marla01
04-14-2009, 08:08 PM
I am woman, I was just born in the wrong body. I am now taking steps to put that right. It won't be easy and it will cost a fortune, but at least I have the full support of my family. :)

I'd like to question this (I hope I make no personal offense).

But by what standard were you born in the wrong body? If you were born woman, then is not by definition your body a woman's body? And if it is a woman's body (abet male), then how can it be wrong?

In other words, who told you it was wrong? Would you believe me if I told you that you already have a woman's body, i.e. your body, the body of a woman?

Marla

joann07
04-14-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm a half and half person who enjoys being one or the other whenever I want.

Hugs!

athensboi1
04-15-2009, 02:20 AM
Consider myself a CD, although I have little experience:o

kellycan27
04-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Well my purpose for this thread was not to be on a "high horse" just to find out what folks considered themselves to be if they were so inclined to share (despite being called "names" by others). The responses have been nothing less than amazing and I thank everyone for their thoughts.:)

D:heehee:espite being called "fruity" and "Pansy like"?

Kate Simmons
04-16-2009, 07:54 AM
D:heehee:espite being called "fruity" and "Pansy like"?Yep, looking at it from the aspects of: "If the shoe fits..." and "Sticks and stones...":)

Carly D.
04-16-2009, 09:11 AM
I am a guy that likes to wear what is considered to be womens clothing..
I am a guy who is "out" to his best friend the mirror...
I am a cross dresser (closeted) wishing to come out... soon...
but mostly, I think I am and always have been confused by why I feel I am doing something wrong and have to hide it.. it's a sad existance I admit... but that's me.. for now anyway..

deja true
04-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Physically, I am a male.

Mentally, I am myself. There are aspects of my personality that are generally associated with each gender, but I'm not one or the other.

Of all the replies sofar, Trekkie's is the closest that I can identify with...but still not completely....

As much as I tend to fill up boxes here with (sometimes) annoying prattle, this is a conundrum that I still can't vocalize to my own satisfaction.

I've come to a reconciliation with "what's-his-name". I don't hate him anymore. We can co-exist comfortably...but

Deja is who I'm really happiest with...and she's with me always now no matter what (if anything) I'm wearing.

And it really doesn't have anything to do with which bits I do or do not have...

I'm me, I guess, but I'm a very special ME!

:strugglin...;)...:strugglin

monika
04-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Just a guy who loves to play a little dressup sometimes:heehee:

Miranda09
04-16-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm a guy who loves to play with my feminine side.....

Patricia1
04-16-2009, 04:34 PM

I am me.

Hey Lori - If you're me, them who am I? No, wait, i know - I'm me, myself & I. Plenty of room inside for just about anything.

Kayla Shadows
04-16-2009, 04:49 PM
A sick,sick FREAK....and I love it :)

Wasnt sure what to make of the thread at first.Kind of rude was a first thought...and a second.My mind went back to the "guys shouldnt do this,guys shouldnt do that,guys shouldnt talk like that,walk like that...", thing that I want nothing to do with.I have no rules and laws of how to be yourself.Whatever comes out of you,let it be.Never was one for conformity.

Me,I enjoy my nails getting done and looking good.I work on my voice because I dont like how it sounds when I present as female,.With whatever I am,just being myself and not caring how pansy I sound works me.Couldnt really care less what people think of me for it.Ive been called sissy,pansy,gay and a lot of other things most of my life.Just very seldom within strikeing distance.Go figure

Hali
04-21-2009, 02:49 PM
I dont know.........really dont.

Miranda09
04-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Just a guy who enjoys the feel of women's clothes and exploring my feminine side.

Ooops...blonde moment. Forgot I already posted a reply to this!!!!!:heehee:

Brooke Smith
04-21-2009, 05:14 PM
I was somewhat put off by the "fruity pansy" stuff so I'll answer with my first reaction to the thread.
I'm bi-gendererd. A husband,father and grandfather. A veteran, business owner and athlete. A resposible individual who loves life and all it has to offer.
I like who I am and make no excuses for it, but I'll admit to not having all the answers.

xAnne_Mariex
04-21-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm just a guy who loves womens clothes.

I don't think I should have been a woman and I don't want to be one, I just love the clothes, hair and make up part of it.

Wendy me
04-21-2009, 05:36 PM
well i am not a cross dresser .... not fully a male .... but not quite a women .... a bit of a outcast .... often misunderstood .... out spoken .... a male shell with some "EXTRAS" ...

yup just me.............

Linda Laman
04-21-2009, 05:50 PM
I love being a guy and do not want to change my gender. Why do I CD? Don't know, but I love it and feel deprived if I cannot do it for long periods of time (more than a day!) One thing I have learnt is to admire those who dare to be different and hate those who insist we must conform to society's idea of what is "normal". Vive la difference!

Suzy Harrison
04-21-2009, 06:32 PM

Me too !

Didn't want to be a guy, never asked to be a guy, never happy as a guy - but I'm much, much happier now as a female.

stormrider
04-25-2009, 08:36 PM
I am a woman. I just had a poor contractor on the project.

curse within
04-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Mis Understood...:sad:

beez1717
04-25-2009, 11:42 PM
for some reason I feel like a girl inside a guy's body and I love it that way :) isn't that strange?

linnea
04-26-2009, 12:04 AM
"Anyway, I'm wondering what others here really consider themselves to be? A 'man,'a 'woman' or something in-between? Myself? I've gone way past the gender nonsense and just consider myself a person with 'male' and 'female' aspects. Much easier that way."

I have tried to avoid the gender constructions, so I just try to fulfill my desire to dress en femme and enjoy it. Genetically, I am a man. I enjoy many of the activities, actions, and appearances that traditionally belong to women.

Intertwined
04-26-2009, 12:28 AM
Anyway, I'm wondering what others here really consider themselves to be? A "man", a "woman" or something in-between? Myself? I've gone way past the gender nonsense and just consider myself a person with "male" and "female" aspects. Much easier that way.;):)

Mentally; I consider myself to be both Masculine and Feminine, with slightly stronger tendancies to the Masculine. I was raised almost entirely by women, my mom, grandmom, aunts, and they're female friends, which explains why I have always been most comfortable with things feminine.

Physically; I am male, with the exception of Gynecomastia that I developed in my early teens, Gynecomastia is the development of abnormally large mammary glands in males resulting in breast enlargement. My bra size is roughly a 42C.

Genetically: I am both, about a year ago, I was diagnosed with Klinefelters syndrome, meaning I have 3 sex chromosomes, 2 Xs and 1 Y, a.k.a. XXY

Oddlee
04-26-2009, 01:54 AM
Good answers all my friends. It seems most here know who they are which is refreshing in a basically mixed up world. I honestly expected nothing less. Most of us are light years ahead of so called "normal" people in that respect.:)

Thanks Arianna. It was an interesting question to begin with, and the responses indicate the diversity to be celebrated with this group.

To answer your original question (I think), I consider myself a guy in a dress (although it's more like a skirt and sweater). I have a friend, who was "with benefits" until she found a boyfriend, who said the only difference she saw in me dressed was my walk (we had a lot of fun with me "dressed" before she found her boyfriend.

Anyway, to me, gender really only matters when sexual relationships are the topic of interest. I've had gay guys tell me that I've a body 20-year-olds would want/envy and women yell out their car "nice legs."

I agree that most of us are ahead of society in terms of gender awareness. I try to minimize any influence of the gender of people I talk to unless it is the gender of someone I'm interested in sexual relationships with. Outside that consideration, I try to keep gender outside my judgments.

Lee

Leslie Mary S
04-26-2009, 11:31 AM
I am a guy who likes to wear woman's clothing.
No, I am more than that. If the above statement were the full truth then why would I need to 'come out of the closet'?

No, I am a bit more, I am an exhibitionist, otherwise why would I dare to go out in public 'dressed out'?
I want to experience what it feels like to be a woman in public.
I want to 'fit in' as a woman.
I want to know just how far I can push the envelope as a woman (right now not very far). But at the same time, maybe, it is the adrenaline rush caused from the fear of being discovered that I am a man.

Maybe I am confused.:)

Briana Blonde
04-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Transvestic fetishist I believe it's called.

I guess that means I'm a perv...:heehee:

Dressing Jill
04-27-2009, 04:33 AM
I have wondered this very question. As I feel cross dresser minimizes who we are. As we are so much more. To define us just as a man who wears women's clothing or dresses like a women is not the whole truth.

I strive to be all that I can be. Sounds like an add for the marines.LOL.......

To be complete in this world of dualuality(sp) I try to understand myself with both my male and female aspects. Both are of equal importance to me. I strive to be one. It is somewhat like a MPD but conscious of the two personalities. Might say that I am interrogated into one person with to different energies to work with.

There is a dialog that goes on in my brain where Jill is leading the way and Douglas is listening. Sometimes it is Douglas that is leading and Jill that is listening. Either way it is so much more than what I wear as clothing.

Society is so slow to chance as a whole. when I moved from Dallas to east Texas it was so amazing, like going back in time 20 yrs. just on regular issues of society. I do love living here even with out the diversity of Dallas. I miss the shopping and dining out mostly. Even the news stations address us like we are young children without any worldly knowledge.

To walk with the courage of both a male and a female is a grand accomplishment. To find that delicate balance between the two is awesome. When one comes together in the moment and realizes he(she) has just experienced both at the same time, Is to me the most spiritual moment in my life.

So yes we are so much more than a cross dresser. We need an exquisite label that could or would touch on the importance of all that we are.

Ok Jill take a chill pill. Douglas

LOL......

Hugs and Kisses

Luv Jill

PS I still cry when I get on this site as I am not alone any more.