PDA

View Full Version : What percentage of men crossdress? I remember reading once it was..

heathr1
06-28-2005, 06:07 PM
20% in the UK.

heathr1
06-28-2005, 06:09 PM
5%.

Julie
06-28-2005, 06:12 PM
Heathr can you try to find these figures, 20% has been mentioned but so has that it could be as low as 2% and as high as 35%. Figures would be useful as a reference point to follow up on.

~Julie~

jo_ann
06-28-2005, 06:36 PM
I don't know how you can take a poll for this? think of how many aren't willing to admit to it. That'd be like taking a poll on what percentage are pedafiles "Yeah I got me 80 gigs of naked boy photos, why?" Cuff him!

Vivian Best
06-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Very interesting question Heathr. You know the old saying, "liers figure and figures lie", well the percentage of the male population that crossdress is kinda like that saying.

I don't think anyone knows for sure and probably never will. I've heard anything from 1% to 5%. Based on absolutely no data what so ever I would guess the percentage of males that crossdress is about the same percentage as gays in the male population. Just my guess, like I said based on nothing!

Vivian Best :)

DanaJ
06-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Well, it all depends on how these surveys are run. I mean, if a question was asked "Have you ever worn women's clothes?"... think about it - How many men might answer "yes" if they fooled around with the wife's skirt one time, or maybe did something in college one time. This does not make them CDers, but they could truthfully answer yes. The survey would have to be much more in depth in my opinion.....

And I have seen 1 in 10 (10%) as the answer before...

DanaJ

Jeanette H
06-28-2005, 07:20 PM
"Cross-dress" doesn't mean the same thing to everybody, either. What percentage of men have ever in their lives put on some items of female clothing? What percentage have put on panties and got an erection, and how many of those can't get aroused without doing so? What percentage are like ourselves, and acquire a full female wardrobe, wigs, makeup etc, and take female names? All likely to be very different figures.

emmicd
06-28-2005, 07:50 PM
I think there are more guys out there who cross dress than are willing to admit.

It may be more common than you think. And all walks of life affected.

And 99 % are family oriented and 100% of those are heterosexual!

Emmi

uknowhoo
06-28-2005, 09:27 PM
Hey Emmi, nice avatar!
I don't think 100% of us are purely hetero, family oriented or otherwise.
There was actually a thread poll abou this a month or two ago.
As I recall, tho most of us are hetero, not all are -
not that there's anything wrong with that (of course!) =
One interesting item fr poll...A number of respondants said they were hetero in drab and bi when dressed, hmm.

Deanna2
06-28-2005, 09:31 PM
This is not an easy question to answer. What do you mean by crossdress?

The figure I've heard is around 5%. But there is no way of knowing if that is full on wig, bra, skirt, high heels, etc or the occasional pantyhose wearer. I remember a couple of years ago seeing a TV magazine segment about guys wearing pantyhose as normal wear and it was portrayed as being very common. Actually the upside of that segment which my wife was also watching was that she stopped thinking I was strange because I wear pantyhose.

The interesting thought to ponder is that if you are at some sporting event and there are let's say twenty thousand guys in the crowd, it means that one thousand of those are likely to be crossdressers. Better still, you are at a work or community meeting with nineteen other guys - are you the only CD?

Luvya

emmicd
06-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Thanks Tammi, likewise. Hope to meet your acquaintance someday. I love to vacation with my wife and son in Virginia. Nice place! Virginia is for Lovers!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Emmi