PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear it with pride?

sissystephanie
04-14-2009, 10:18 AM
I know Intertwined does, and I know I do, but I wonder how many others on this Forum do? What I am referring to is going out in public looking like a man, but dressed as a female. Skirt, etc.!

I know lots of you, like Karren H., go out completely dressed and wearing makeup. But Karren, and probably a lot of others, doesn't look at all like a man made up like that. When I go out, and I think Intertwined does the same, I do not wear a wig or any makeup!! It is just me, a guy, in totally feminine clothing! I am a CD, and I do wear feminine garments with pride. I am not trying to be a female, I am just wearing what I feel most comfortable in!!:) I guess my attitude is that I just don't care what others think!

So the question is, how many others actually go out in public, looking like a guy, but wearing clothing that is definitely feminine and doing so with pride?? I am proud to be a man, but I love to dress like a female. So I do wear female clothing with pride!! Am I weird, or what?

Cary
04-14-2009, 10:40 AM
I feel the same way. I don't own a wig or make up. I know for sure I wouldn't pass if I did, and wouldn't try. I like to dress as a woman from the neck down. I wish I could got out that way, but at this time I don't have your courage.

Alana65
04-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Stephanie,

As Cary has already said, I don't have the courage to do it.........but I give you a HUGE :^5: for having the strength and willpower to do it. :hugs:

Kate Simmons
04-14-2009, 10:50 AM
I don't think you are weird at all Stephanie, just yourself.:)

Karren H
04-14-2009, 10:51 AM
I look more like a man in a dress than I want to admit most of the time... Sigh... And yes I've gone out in male mode in 100% female clothing.. Slacks... No skirts... I've gone out in female mode wearing 100% external male clothing...

But its just me... I can't do skirts in male mode.. They just don't look good... To me... If they did I'd wear them but I've got this mental picture that girls look like girls and guys look like guys....

OMG.... I'm prejudice!!

:D

suchacutie
04-14-2009, 10:54 AM
I, for one, don't want to blur the two genders. I like both of my gendered selves and want to keep them as separate as possible.

Having said that, some compromises must be made, since one can't simply change one's eyebrows on a whim. Also, as it turns out, my body doesn't do well with jeans designed for men, so my jeans are mostly cut for women, but I don't wear clearly "feminine" jeans as a guy.

I expect we'll be all over the spectrum on this one, and that's the way it should be :).

tina

Cary
04-14-2009, 10:59 AM
"I look more like a man in a dress than I want to admit most of the time... "

Karren, I don;t know what your talking about. If I looked anythink close to you, I would be dressed all the time. You look better than alot of GGs I see.

Lorileah
04-14-2009, 11:25 AM
I am like Karren, I look too masculine too often. I don't often show pictures that show that part of me, but when I am just around the house I don't spend an hour doing makeup (I'd miss American Idol). I put some picts in my profile showing this....but am thinking I should take them out YUCK!

I will give kudos (not Cooties) to the people who are crossdressers who don't want to look like a woman though. They are what we really should be about.

Oh so the answer is no...well sorta...but no not really. Although my daily dress is a mix of male and female (and yes it is outer wear like shoes, socks (stockings) some blouses and maybe some slacks). I am so confused now

cindym5_04
04-14-2009, 11:39 AM
I've gone out in male mode wearing all femme stuff before too. I've done the skirt thing, but generally when I've done it, it's either been little shorts and a really femme tank top or maybe jeans and a femme sweater...typically with heels... only a few times with flats.

beenherelongtime
04-14-2009, 11:41 AM
certainly makes me think. i would go to work with underpinnings, slacks, shoes and no makeup. i felt comfortable like this but i don't know whether i would have the ****s to go out with a skirt and blouse on. too worried about appearances or disapproval. i did like to put on makeup, never very good at it. but for me it was the silky, satiny, feelings. i loved lingerie and blouses and skirts.

DonnaT
04-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Yes, I've been out in a skirt w/hose, sans makeup and wig. Got no adverse comments.

In fact, I've had more adverse comments when fully enfemme than when not.

Sally2005
04-14-2009, 11:48 AM
The only time I feel comfortable with doing something like that is on halloween when people expect it. I'm just not the kind of person that wants to draw attention to myself and I really hate defending or even explaining to anyone else why I do anything. There is nothing wrong with it, it is just that people notice it and call you out on it. If it was so common that people almost didn't notice and everyone did it I, I might do it on a lazy day. For the most part, it has to be a complete transformation...and given that I don't always pass...you have to be proud on some level to hold your head up high and bite the bullet and say, 'yes I am a man in a dress...so what?'...that's the way uh huh I like it.

Marilynn
04-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Nope - I'm one or the other, and never the twain shall meet. :D

Years ago, there was an old guy who walked around my town in a skirt all the time. Then again, he also wore a green elf hat, so I'm not sure what was going on there. :thinking:

battybattybats
04-14-2009, 11:51 AM
I've mostly worn unisex stuff, slightly effeminate womens tops and coats that fit my goth style. However my long nails are almost always painted from black to red purple and even pink and i've worn effeminate eyeliner (wing-tip to egyptian, not just Goth/Emo heavy stuff) and eyshadow (often a nice pink) and lipstick. I've been shopping in glittery red lipstick for example though usually it's a nice pearly grape purple.

The only times i've worn a skirt in public was in full girl-mode.

Carole Cross
04-14-2009, 12:41 PM
As a TS, I know I don't pass, yet, and probably never will completely. For me personally it is about being happy and the only way I cam do that is to transition. Passing would be nice and I will do my best to achieve it, but there will always be someone who will notice me. :sad:

Patrice
04-14-2009, 01:24 PM
I wear whatever I want in public, whenever I want. I dont care what others think, I do what I do for me - not them. I do dress maturely and conservatively though, no tube-tops and mini-skirts, with my body that would be a crime against man and nature :eek:

Ralph
04-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Stephanie, you've got my vote. If I had the chutzpah I'd go out dressed exactly as I do inside - dresses or skirts, no makeup, no shaving, no wig, no plastic boobs. I wish I had your courage!

Totally agree with Patrice, too. Much as I love spandex, seeing me wearing the stuff could cause a person serious injury. Or they might try to paint a slogan on my side, fill me with helium, and float me over the Super Bowl!

ralph

Leanne2
04-14-2009, 05:14 PM
When I'm in drab my hair and brows look fem. Also I shave up to my feminine hairline by my ears. I always carry a woman's zip wallet in my hand. I don't wear makeup in drab but I do get ma'amed from time to time. If people think I'm a woman I don't correct them. And I'm not surprised when I'm called sir.
The other day I pulled up to a gas pump in drab. As I removed the gas cap the girl at the counter talked to me via the speaker. She said," Pump two for the lady with the silver Honda is on." I just smiled at her. Leanne

sissystephanie
04-14-2009, 10:58 PM
The only time I feel comfortable with doing something like that is on halloween when people expect it. I'm just not the kind of person that wants to draw attention to myself and I really hate defending or even explaining to anyone else why I do anything. There is nothing wrong with it, it is just that people notice it and call you out on it. If it was so common that people almost didn't notice and everyone did it I, I might do it on a lazy day. For the most part, it has to be a complete transformation...and given that I don't always pass...you have to be proud on some level to hold your head up high and bite the bullet and say, 'yes I am a man in a dress...so what?'...that's the way uh huh I like it.

As I said, I am proud to be a CD!:):) Oh heck, I am proud on every level!! I am me and I like myself! Admittedly I don't often wear a dress out in public, but wearing a skirt or a skort is almost an everyday occurance. Although I don't wear skirts as long as those Intertwined wears. The amazing thing, people don't seem to notice! And they certainly don't "call me out on it!" When people do take a second look at me, I just smile at them and go about my business. I have never had a negative comment made to my face, nor have I ever heard one being made! My attitude is,"this is who I am, take or leave it!" At my age, mid 70's, what do I have to lose?

As a matter of fact, I have noticed that I get treated a lot better in many of the restaurants that I frequent since I started going in dressed! Both from waiters and waitresses. Frequently get compliments on my outfits!:)

curse within
04-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Steph,

The fact you go out and have the courage to do so is great, you have my up most respect..I'll never leave the closet and envy the courage you and others have.. No your not weird either..

Rachel Morley
04-14-2009, 11:29 PM
how many others actually go out in public, looking like a guy, but wearing clothing that is definitely feminine and doing so with pride?
I do ..... but I don't wear skirts or dresses. If I'm not en femme, I wear girls jeans (capris or shorts in the summer) usually a slightly scooped neck girl's t-shirt in a feminine color, a woman's plain colored cardigan plus white tennis shoes with pink accents and my khaki baseball cap. My ears are pierced, my hands are manicured and I usually wear eyeliner too. This is my "girly-boy mode" as I I think I look like a femmy guy :)

linnea
04-14-2009, 11:30 PM
I don't think that you're weird, but I prefer the whole ensemble--wig, make-up, jewelry, dress or skirt and top, hose, etc.

athensboi1
04-15-2009, 02:18 AM
Have the courage, just need the opportunity:)

Jenniferpl
04-15-2009, 04:50 AM
I am always proud of what I wear. If not tha I get ride of it. I will never look like a GG but who cares. It always fun trying though.

JenniferMBlack
04-15-2009, 06:29 AM
Man in a skirt. That's me. I go out all the time as a guy wearing a skirt not into the whole look like a woman thing plus don't have the time to go through all of the prep and don't feel comfortable to go out because I look like a made up man in a skirt.

WendyMoore501
04-15-2009, 07:53 AM
I don't wear Skirts / Dresses out in Public. But like others I do occasionally wear Capri Pants. Often Hose and Shorts.
My favorite is to wear different fem shoes. Mostly flats.
Amazing that no one really seems to notice. Even in a pair of Ballet Flats
My favorite Pair of shoes is a pair of MJ Crocs. Ugly but extremely comfortable.
I am looking for a pair of heels that I could get by with, but I am 6'1" already so heels would make me too tall.
I wish that I had the courage to wear Skirts or Dresses in public. More of a Fashion Freedom kind of thing.

battybattybats
04-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Today is my usual rent and shopping day, and on the advise of a GG Goth friend I tried liquid eyeliner again and this time got it working for me.

I did get a couple of nasty looks from guys I walked past, the worst reaction I've had for my gender non-conformity in a long time, it seems that the bolder look of liquid eyeliner is less easilly accepted even on a Goth. But they were only momentary looks, nothing more. And that said I got no problems at all from anyone else, not the staff at Big W when the self-serve machine was having problems with the vampire books I was buying and certainly not the helpful assitants at Bras N Things. Not the person at McDonalds who served me either. The taxi driver that took me into town was the surly guy whos always rude to me no matter what and the guy who took me home was friendly and nice and helped me carry my shopping to my door.

So I wore my feminity with pride today. I noticed there some more androgynous Emo kids in town too.
A movement which, like Goth, only paves the way for increased acceptance of diversity especially in Gender Expression.

Greymancd
04-15-2009, 11:56 AM
I find this very interesting since I have though of doing this but of course never have to this point. Firstly i would need the courage and secondly my wife does not want anyone to know and I do not want to embarrass her with any of this since she is slowly accepting me as I am. I did dress up today and looked in the mirror and thought I could pass but then again i could not, but at that moment I thought it does not matter to me albeit maybe in another place not my home town. I believe I am getting there and hopefully my wife is also and one day I will be able to get out dressed or half dressed. It is an interesting ride either way and I plan to enjoy it as much as I can.

CDWorldNight
04-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Yes I have couple of times. I was on my to party where I was going to have makeup done at the party. I had to ride elevator down, and got some odd looks. But all in I do not regularly go out unless in full makeup.

sunnybunns
04-15-2009, 03:12 PM
have only gone out dressed a few times and never with makeup and wig. After reading this post this morning I just had to go to my favorite dress shop (the manager helps me find my size in everything from lingerie to dresses). I wore a denim skirt and a white spaghetti strap top. I had my 2" heels in the truck but chickened out. After trying on 3 or 4 outfits she started talking about the GG that works next door at a Subway and how she was gay and kept hitting on her and the other SA.

Anyway, I said that I'll go next door and buy a coke or something and make sure that she notices my outfit. I did and their she was dressed like a boy with a baggie shirt and paints. Went back to the dress shop and we laughed and talked another 15 min. I think the girl was more nervous than I was lol.

cdterri
04-15-2009, 04:28 PM
I too dress only from the neck down, (well not quite) I do wear hats and scarves. My reason for not going public has to do with the embaressment it may cause My loved one's. Life is hard enough without giving the world more ammo.What they do or say to Me really does not matter but loved one's are a different matter. I subjected My family to just this type of thing while living as a women 30yrs ago. They were extremly supportive and accepted Me 100%. However I came from a very small town and to this day there are buttheads that just will not let them live in peace.