PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing pet peeves ~!

Nattastic
04-14-2009, 03:37 PM
I have browsed a number of threads here over the past week, and found many looking for advice on how to improve their look.

I'm by no means perfect in any way - I realize this, but I just wanted to come out and say it.

Stay up Stockings look awful when they are barely above the knee. I have seen it a hundred times and it always drives me crazy! Pull em up! Get the next larger size.. something! (insert light hearted laugh here)

Stocking tops should rest at above the mid-thigh area, and be level all around... unless due to some rolling in the hay - thats all Im tryin to say :)

Oh, and how about the back fat a good corset creates? Bugger!

Anyone else have a pet peeve with regard to crossdressing?

Deborah Jane
04-14-2009, 03:41 PM

Yup, false eyelashes, it doesn't matter how careful i am putting them on, they always end up lop sided or stuck in the wrong place :sad:

Nattastic
04-14-2009, 03:48 PM
LOL, yeah.. that was my experience with false lashes, coming off.. argh

Then the worry of smudging while working to "fix" the problem.

I have no time for false lashes anymore. Its all about the mascara! :)

Karren H
04-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Nahhh. Don't really have any... Its those little things that make life more interesting after all.... And its exactually the same thing women have to go through... So I'm not complaining!! :)

Erica K.
04-14-2009, 04:01 PM
guys thinking you are a **** or "working" just because you are a CD! At least offer me a drink before you grab my ass ;)

Sammy777
04-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Broken heels
runs in your favorite stockings
stay ups that wont stay up
bad hair days
broken nails
not noticing you missed a spot shaving till its to late
make-up and/or wardrobe malfunctions

But like Karren said - I'm not complaining, lol :D

joann07
04-14-2009, 08:07 PM
TANGLING!!! UGH!!! :Angry3:
No matter if it's synthetic or human hair, my wigs just always tangle no matter how many times I comb it or spray on detangling spray.
I don't know how GG's own hair doesn't tangle or get tangled on their necklace chains.

Hugs!

curse within
04-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Someone knocking on your door or a phone call that someone is coming over after you get dressed (not selfish)..You are running around mindlessly making sure everything is put away so you don't have girly things laying around.

PretzelGirl
04-14-2009, 10:04 PM
My nail maintenance is high and not good enough. I work with my hands plus sports and they break constantly. Forget shaping as they also wear so each is its own shape. But I will keep trying. . .

Nicole Erin
04-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Sometimes people tend to wear fetish items for CD'ing.
My pet peeve is that somehow wearing jeans and a cute top is not truely CD'ing.
I am a jeans *****

Violetgray
04-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Pet peeves? My post alone could be a thread!

1.) When a small, barely visible strand of wig hair keeps sticking to your lip gloss or lipstick

2.) When you put your makeup on, and as you start to get changed with the bathroom door closed you start sweating immediately onto all that foundation.

3.) When you do your whole transformation routine as normal, but you take one last look in the mirror and you just don't feel the difference. You just see a man in a skirt.

4.) When you go somewhere else (besides home) to change, get there, and realize you left something vital. (foundation, breasts, etc.)

Tiffany6791
04-15-2009, 12:30 AM
I'm not sure if this is the same but when I do dress it's usually not with a wig or make up. So if I have to go somewhere in the house with a mirror, I usually don't look in to it so I don't see myself. I know that's kinda weird but anyone else do that?

Pattie O
04-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Not getting enough opportunities to fully dress and or go out
:sad:

Lori Robins
04-15-2009, 05:29 AM
How much time have you got? :D
spending hours putting on makeup and still looking like a guy
spending hours getting ready and smudging or breaking nails
And the number one, I have to agree with Pattie - not getting enough time to dress!!!
Perhaps if I spent less time putting on makeup and breaking nails I would have plenty??? :doh:

shesadvl
04-15-2009, 05:40 AM
I have browsed a number of threads here over the past week, and found many looking for advice on how to improve their look.

I'm by no means perfect in any way - I realize this, but I just wanted to come out and say it.

Stay up Stockings look awful when they are barely above the knee. I have seen it a hundred times and it always drives me crazy! Pull em up! Get the next larger size.. something! (insert light hearted laugh here)

Stocking tops should rest at above the mid-thigh area, and be level all around... unless due to some rolling in the hay - thats all Im tryin to say :)

Oh, and how about the back fat a good corset creates? Bugger!

:devil: awwww sorry I dun mean to laugh but.... I agree wif them stayup stockings.,..... yer buy the right size or larger and I think I have been cheated/short changed outta the other few inches :devil: laffing... my partner he definitely has better legs then I do .. i think.....neer mind rolling in the hay thats another matter :tongueout laffing...... as for the corset...and what that creates laffing.... I hear yer.....:battingeyelashes:

nah no pet peeve's here .. mind he might though....LOL *wink

Rita D
04-15-2009, 05:41 AM
May I add a "Me Three" to Pattie and Lori's #1? Haven't been able to dress since late December, and I think I'm about ready to implode!:Pullhair:

Carroll
04-15-2009, 06:03 AM
Telling the wife that tomorrow is a "Carroll" day, getting up shower, shave get dressed (Minus the make-up), then her annoucing that WE have to go some place. I am out of the closet, but not out into the community too much!

valenstein
04-15-2009, 07:12 AM
My pet peeve is that somehow wearing jeans and a cute top is not truely CD'ing.
I am a jeans *****

Me too!

Cigarettes and long hair: not a good combo.

People who use the words "crossdresser and "drag queen" interchangeably.

The fifteen pounds I seem to gain just by putting on women's clothes.

Finding nice shoes in my size that don't come with a chrome pole.

Sakura Rini
04-15-2009, 07:21 AM
that fact that girls can cd and its fine but its harder for boys
and the fact that its getting harder to find time to dress up.
also finding stuff i like that fits me thats a big peeve for me

BLUE ORCHID
04-15-2009, 08:20 AM
If it was too easy it wouldn't fun!!!!
No pain no gain!!!
A job worth doind is a job worth doing right!!!
.................................................. ...............thanks..........ORCHID

cindym5_04
04-15-2009, 08:51 AM
My biggest peeve is that a lot of times it takes SO long to dress and do makeup and to make sure that you look really good.

Another peeve of mine is the amount of time trying to make sure that all of the makeup is totally off so that when you have stuff to do the next morning (after a night out), that your friends who either don't know or don't care for it, don't notice the makeup that you had on the night before.

I will then agree on the peeve of after getting makeup done and everything, you look in the mirror and to you it still looks like a man in a skirt because you see so much of yourself there, even if nobody else does.

Cary
04-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Someone knocking on your door or a phone call that someone is coming over after you get dressed (not selfish)..You are running around mindlessly making sure everything is put away so you don't have girly things laying around.

Same here! Don't forget about trying to take everything off and put on something manly at lightning speed.:Angry3:

geri-tg.
04-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Shaving. It takes so long to get a really close shave.:sad:

susan fuller
04-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Having to cut my nails ecause they look to much like a girls. I love long finger nails.

SarahLynn
04-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Yes, I have a few.

1. Costumes which some C/D's seem to think is a part of the process. A normal everyday appearance is better.

2. A C/D'r who even though she has made a good attempt to pass and probably does except she gives herself away, by chickening out when going into a restruant. I fully understand the fear but once you've been made the best thing to do is to go to the ladies, check your makeup, and then go to the table of your choice. They will be understanding.

3. Does not having pockets in my skirts and blouses count??? Like where am i suspose to keep the car keys. I surely can't put the belt keeper i use in drab on my 4" wide black plastic belt.

4. Lipstick which does not come off with a simple wipe of a facial tissue. So many of them "bleed" and leave telltail colour behind.

SarahLynn

Sheila
04-15-2009, 10:21 AM
yup ................ from a GG view ....... HOW LONG YOU HOG THE BATHROOM :devil::devil::devil:Do not say it Debs, just don't :heehee::heehee:

2b.Lauren
04-15-2009, 10:27 AM
As others have said not getting enough time to dress. Then my other is eyeliner. I know practice makes perfect, but when you don't get to practice....It is never forgiving!

Nattastic
04-15-2009, 12:22 PM
I can relate to quite a few of you!

Erika - and her ass being grabbed, first off I'd like to apologise, I couldnt help myself.. when I first had cars pull over I was surprised/flattered/offended at the same time... I can't imagine being in drab and treating any woman that way - a guys drive can really surprise ya whilst on the "flipside"

Joanne - tangles in hair. that used to drive me nuts too, until I discovered cuticle Remy lace wigs... heaven sent.

Curse within - Someone coming by is pretty much the worst thing in the world at that point isnt it?! It turned out to be a blessing for me too though, when I lived with a friend that was supposed to be gone all weekend, but came back way early... in short I outed myself that day and life got alot easier and fun!

Violet Gray - that one strand does always seem to want to take up residence in your lip gloss - doesnt it?!! lol I forgot about that one!
As for the sweating - yep, thats quite the nuisance..

Patty O - Yes. For sure this is a big one... not enough opportunity. I can feel myself getting all worked up just thinking about this for a moment or two. Awful!!

Some other interesting points as well.... Keep em coming! lol :)

girl@heart
04-15-2009, 12:25 PM
not being able to shave my legs regularly because im afraid of what my friends and family would say

julie08
04-15-2009, 02:40 PM

OMG, I know what you mean. I was dressed today, then changed back into (yuck) male mode. Hours later my son comes home, and the only thing I can think about is where all my girl stuff went.

I don't think I left anything out...

julie08
04-15-2009, 02:42 PM
not being able to shave my legs regularly because im afraid of what my friends and family would say

I wish I could shave my legs. For some reason I joined the Army, so there is NO chance of my shaving my legs. I really wish I could at this point. Oh well, only 6 more years until I can...

curse within
04-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Same here! Don't forget about trying to take everything off and put on something manly at lightning speed.:Angry3:
Yeah my soon to be Ex came over last night on short notice , after she left I noticed I had my T-shirt inside out. Was wondering why she kept looking at me odd..

deja true
04-15-2009, 05:49 PM
That every pair of shoes labelled as the same size are all different sizes.

I've got shoes in my closet that fit and they're labelled from 9 to 10 1/2! And, of course, I've also got shoes labeled in the right size that do not fit! Grrr!

I do like trying on shoes in the store, but I also wanna buy on line and just can't!

:(

Shannen
04-15-2009, 06:17 PM
I think the one that hit my funny bone the most so far is the hair sticking to the lip gloss! If it is a windy day I stick with blotted lipstick, which doesn't seem to attract as much hair!

But my all time pet peeve has to be ..... CROSSDRESSING!

:sad: It would have been so much easier to wear all those cute skirts if I had been born female....

Sophie A Walker
04-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Getting to the point of realising purging is a waste of time and then thinking of the fantastic clothes, shoes and makeup that I have dumped over the years, never mind the cost of replacing them when I realised what a stupid and rediculous mistake I had made just because I felt like I should try and fit in.

Carly D.
04-15-2009, 07:16 PM
I think my biggest pet peeve would be the fact that no matter how you shake and you dance the last drop always lands in... wait that's something else all together.. I think my more than anything else it is the inability to look fem enough for my liking.. I'd like to look passable when wearing certain clothing..

Jocelyn Quivers
04-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Pet peeves? My post alone could be a thread!

1.) When a small, barely visible strand of wig hair keeps sticking to your lip gloss or lipstick

2.) When you put your makeup on, and as you start to get changed with the bathroom door closed you start sweating immediately onto all that foundation.

3.) When you do your whole transformation routine as normal, but you take one last look in the mirror and you just don't feel the difference. You just see a man in a skirt.

I'm with you 100% on the first three especially number 2. Even in the dead of winter with the heat off and fans blowing I still tend to sweat.

A big pet peeve of mine is spending all day taking hundreds of pictures, wearing several different outs. While reviewing them on the camera they all look great. However when I finally load them on to my computer they all look horrible.

VanessaC
04-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Shaving my collar bones...how hard is that?!!!

Cary
04-16-2009, 12:54 AM
My biggest pet peeve is myown fear and the small minds of others getting in the way of me fully enjoying my life.

Alice Torn
04-16-2009, 05:53 AM
Thong underwear. I hate em, won't wear em. They seem like dental floss!

Shelly67
04-16-2009, 05:59 AM
Hair from your wig getting stuck in the lipgloss .
:Angry3:

Carly D.
04-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Thong underwear. I hate em, won't wear em. They seem like dental floss!

The thong is like a female version of the jock strap.. I don't know why I thought of that, but instead of the straps going around the butt cheeks, it goes up the wazoo...

tricia_uktv
04-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Here are a few of mine:

Finding the perfect dress, then noticing there isn't one in my size

Nails growing beautifully, get to a certain length, then one by one they disintegrate

Body hair !!!! and nair

Putting nail varnish on my right hand (the nails get some coverage too)

Not being able to find shoes in my size

Fiddly buttons on blouses

But I love it all really, especially the challenge

sometimes_miss
04-20-2009, 06:08 AM
This is really an easy one. The trouble with crossdressing is that people forget who and what they are. When searching the dating sites that include crossdressers, it's really aggravating to find all the mtf crossdressers listing themselves as females. This is real basic. You have a penis, you're a male. Guys looking for male CD's are looking for men, not females, so please have the decency to list yourself as you are. Having to read all the tens of thousands of profiles to try to find who is really male and who is really the one real female wastes a phenomenally tremendous amount of time, and it makes trying to find a GG completely impossible because there's no longer any way to search for them. Yes, there are a few of them on those sites, but trying to find her is like finding a needle in a haystack, thanks to all the guys who like to indulge in wishful thinking. So please; guys; list yourself as you are. Not as you imagine you want to be. You aren't doing anyone any favors, and you aren't making it any easier for someone to find you by listing the incorrect sex. People who want someone with a penis want a male. People who want someone with a vagina want a female.

Sophie Yeats
04-20-2009, 07:54 AM
"You have a penis, you're a male", without meaning to come off as snarky.. You might want to think long and hard about that statement and the company you are in here.

- Sophie xXx

CD Susan
04-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Two things come to mind for me. #1- the never ending battle of getting rid of facial hair. #2- smudging a finger nail before the polish dries and then having to take it off and start over.

MissConstrued
04-21-2009, 08:24 PM
"You have a penis, you're a male", without meaning to come off as snarky.. You might want to think long and hard about that statement and the company you are in here.

- Sophie xXx

Say what?

No snarkiness detected. But I sense delusion.

I'm with sometimes_miss on this one. You put a profile out there, be real. If I select "female" and hit "search," I don't want to turn up dudes. Period.

julie08
04-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Oh yea, one of my biggest pet peeves is forgetting that I'm wearing makeup. Do you know how many times I've almost walked out the door in GUY mode wearing MAKEUP!!! AHHHH!!!

obsessedwithpantyhose
04-21-2009, 09:44 PM
there isnt enough space on this forum for all my pet peeves,,,,

one i have is that a gg can wear mens clothes and no one blinks,,,but a guy wears something that was labled for females and hes automaticaly gay?!?!?!?!

life is so much easyer when everyone you know knows you dress :D

CDPAUL
04-22-2009, 07:23 AM
Just simply a lack of time at the right time

Angel.Marie76
04-22-2009, 07:54 AM
Not really a CD/TG pet peeve, but just being a woman - waiting for your nails to dry before going to work.. and then getting to work and screwing the pooch good on the polish and not having remover ANYWHERE (not that you would want to use it at the office, esp if you're in drab anyway). Or trying to type (like now) with wet nails.. he he

Concur on the changing on the fly and leaving something like,oh, LIPSTICK at home because you didn't take your whole travel case.. sheesh.

Tucking and having to adjust constantly. (for some of us with larger packages perhaps)

If you pad your bra, having the padding move or slip out (whoopsie!)

victoriamwilliams1
04-22-2009, 08:08 AM
The trouble with crossdressing is that people forget who and what they are. When searching the dating sites that include crossdressers, it's really aggravating to find all the mtf crossdressers listing themselves as females

First my response to this post,

I understand you frustration however I have to say that if you look 100% like a woman and your profile says male on non-tg sites it can bring unwanted attention. Since at tis time there is no other choice in gender most of us either do not reply or we use female. I have many GG friends online and one of them who is a GG is mistaken for a male quite often and she has no problems with it however that goes to show that people will assume that even some G's are men because of genetics in them.

For me I personally do not think think that the male gender marker will work, one thing is that when I dress I am not recognized in public as a male, 99.9% of the time I am treated and addressed as a woman.

Now my peeves is the same as woman have and its when you get a run in your new hose! The next would be changing back after I have been dressed for hours.

:hugs:

Gemma Bee
04-23-2009, 03:09 AM
When a small, barely visible strand of wig hair keeps sticking to your lip gloss or lipstick

And don't I know it! That is really annoying!

My major pet peev is those few among us who buy the wrong type of wig. They buy one that isn't a close match to their own hair colour. I think that buying a blonde wig when you have dark hair doesn't look right. From their skin complexion its obvious to tell that they're not a natural blonde, and when cross-dressing it is easy to tell them apart from genetic girls. This isn't meant to be a dig at anyone in particular. Just some good sound advice to those who are thinking of buying a wig. :)

sometimes_miss
04-24-2009, 06:24 AM
Victoria wrote:
I understand you frustration however I have to say that if you look 100% like a woman and your profile says male on non-tg sites it can bring unwanted attention. Since at tis time there is no other choice in gender most of us either do not reply or we use female. I have many GG friends online and one of them who is a GG is mistaken for a male quite often and she has no problems with it however that goes to show that people will assume that even some G's are men because of genetics in them.

It's not a problem on non transgender sites; there, the population is close to even male/ genuine female, and if you specify that you're looking for a female, well then 99% of the hits you get on your search will be GG females. The problem arises in places like here, and places like 'dateacrossdresser dot com. Yes, after days of searching, I found a couple of genuine women. But that's it. There are thousands of profiles to go through, and you get the reverse results; search for a female, and 99.99% of the results you get are males. And no way to find the GG's there, because the search function won't work if most of the males list themselves as females. I really don't understand the problem, it's easy, just list yourself as a male and put up a pic of you in some type of female attire. That says it all. Males looking for crossdressing males can easily just search the crossdressing males and pick the ones in dresses. I really find it rather odd. Seeing as so many crossdressers are supposedly straight, why do so many list themselves as female???

allisonrn06
04-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Having to wait to put on makeup until I stop sweating and/or my hair dries and one that Violet mentioned - when a hair keeps getting stuck in my lipstick!!