PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations for a marriage counselor in the Chicago area?

LindaMarie
04-15-2009, 06:53 AM
My wife and I have been married for almost 28 years. She has very negative feelings about my crossdressing. I've also made more than my share of mistakes in dealing with my crossdressing and being understanding of her feelings. Whenever we try to talk about it, we wind up having a big fight. I think we need an outside party to help us.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a marriage counselor in the Chicago area, especially one who is knowledgeable about crossdressing? We live on the south side of the city so someone who is on the south side or south / southwest suburbs would be great but if I'd love to hear about anyone in the area who's been helpful with helping couples deal with this issue (and other issues, too - I'd love to say that my crossdressing is our only issue, but there are others).

Thanks for all your help. This site has been a wonderful source of support and I appreciate the advice and suggestions that so many of you have provided.

All the best.

LisaM
04-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Deb Wilke has links to a few gender groups in Chicago. I have no experience with her. Here is her link:
http://www.compassionatecounseling.com/CC/Therapist.html

LindaMarie
04-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Lisa,

Thanks so much for your suggestion. I had read about Deb Wilke but blanked out when I was thinking about couples counseling where crossdressing issues are involved.

I think Compassionate Counseling is probably a great place to start. Now I have to work up the nerve to call. There are so many reasons not to call (I'm out of work so there are money issues, we should be able to work this out for ourselves, maybe I'm just being selfish about my needs, it will be difficult to talk about this with someone else, my wife will never go for it...) but I think it may be something we need to do. We can keep going on avoiding our issues, but that's not a solution.

Thanks again for your suggestion.