PDA

View Full Version : Mother in law coming to visit

Sophia de la luz
04-15-2009, 11:26 AM
She's coming to visit for two weeks, starting tonight. She's a nice woman but her ex-husband is a cross dresser and it never sat well with her. She does not know about my new "hobby". And, she's very tuned into personal expression... so she will definitely notice.
So my wife and I are imagining the first couple of days as perhaps a bit rocky. No telling for sure.
I'll keep you all posted.

julie08
04-15-2009, 02:36 PM
I say that if she starts to annoy you, you should ask her for makeup advice. Might just scare her away and give you your house back!

pink femme
04-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Throw a party and we can all come dressed up and see if she notices.....well she will with me anyway :(

Better still get her on here and we can talk to her :)

Wow!! The thought of actually being a GMiL....Now I am off to dream land :)

Pink x

Sheila
04-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Sophia, hope the visit is good, and your worries are needless.:hugs:

Karen564
04-15-2009, 02:59 PM
I guess this kinda kills any plans on having an all girls night out with her then , Too bad.

Amelia Moxon
04-15-2009, 03:42 PM
This may sound a bit harsh towards her but at the end of the day it is your house, not hers. Maybe tone things down if you have to but it is your place at the end of the day :).

Amelia xxx

Mirani
04-15-2009, 03:49 PM
some of the advice IMO is not very helpful. Hopefully they are said in humour . . . They are selfish and not concilliatory.
My first question is: "What does your wife want from this visit?" She is her mother after all and their mother/daughter relationship is worthy of respect.
My suggestion is, find out your wife's needs, be generous and agree to meet HER needs for a while.
Plan a strategy.
Decide to be in the background, or to be ready to answer questions with simple honesty. After all, your own assessment is that she is a "nice woman".

Good luck.

Karen564
04-15-2009, 04:10 PM
My apologies then, I must of missed the part about her asking for advise on what to do, I thought she was just making a statement telling us her mother In Law was staying a while..

If that the case, Sorry..I cant offer any advise, my Ex :devil:mother In-law was and is a total nightmare:devil: I wouldn't wish her on anyone..she even drove my Ex crazy..:drink:

Tina B.
04-15-2009, 04:24 PM
It's only two weeks out of your life, so I would just man up until she goes home. There is no reason to make things hard for your wife, Mothers are special!
Tina

Teri Jean
04-15-2009, 05:49 PM
First off do you get along with her? Does she make an event about her past experiance and if so why? Then she is visiting your home and therefore you are under no obligation to dress or act one why for her. She is an adult and she should realize this is something she needs to deal with, not you. It is your call and your wife's so if the concenses is no dressing so be it but if you both agree this is something she will have to work through then hold your head up high and your chest out, LOL, and face the music. Good luck and let us know how it went.

Keli

linnea
04-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Good luck. I'll be curious to hear how quickly she notices.

KarenS
04-16-2009, 08:30 PM
It's only two weeks out of your life, so I would just man up until she goes home. There is no reason to make things hard for your wife, Mothers are special!
Tina

I agree. Don't make a visit un-necessarily difficult or a strain for your wife. That could be grounds for regret later.

Karren H
04-16-2009, 09:01 PM
wow!! A family affair!! lol

boardpuppy
04-16-2009, 11:02 PM
My mother-in-law would have delt with me being a DCer, slowly maybe but OK with it. She has been dead for 10-15 years and we had a good relationship. I tolerate my mothers visits but the SO get's along with her fine. I love my mother but didn't like the dictatoral way in which I was raised. I guess what I'm tring to say is, do whatever you need to make her visit a happy/remorable time. Sorry for being so wordy.

Hugs,
Alice