PDA

View Full Version : How much is TOO MUCH?

Katie Lynn cd
04-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Can we have too much stuff? After my wife found out about my cding, I remember her making a comment about how one outfit and one pair of shoes should be enough to meet my crossdressing needs. I find myself always wanting to get new shoes, lingerie, skirt, top, or a dress. Even when I am shopping with her I am checking out what would look good for me. Can we really have too much? Thoughts?

Katie

StevieTV
04-15-2009, 02:00 PM
No. I need a lot. When my mood changes, I need something entirely different to wear. It would be like having your SO living in one outfit 24/7. I'm sure that's not going to happen.

JulieC
04-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Can we have too much stuff? After my wife found out about my cding, I remember her making a comment about how one outfit and one pair of shoes should be enough to meet my crossdressing needs. I find myself always wanting to get new shoes, lingerie, skirt, top, or a dress. Even when I am shopping with her I am checking out what would look good for me. Can we really have too much? Thoughts?

Katie

Well, one outfit and one pair of shoes will work perfectly if you had only one mood, one unitary thought throughout all your life.

Wow. Your wife isn't being a jerk or anything, but if one pair of shoes and one outfit works for you (according to her) I'm sure she can limit herself to the same. I think she just hasn't fully learned about being transgendered yet.

My wife doesn't limit me on how much stuff I have. I self-limit, getting rid of things as I no longer wear them or upgrade them. I do self limit in that I refuse to have femme pants or shorts; always skirts or dresses for me. Always. I also don't own any flats. Always heels.

juneW
04-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Of course, I think someone can have too many femme clothes. I guess the limit is how often you're dressed. If it's every day, of course it's normal to have a whole lot of outfits. But if it's only a few times in a week, your femme clothes probably shouldn't outnumber your masculine ones (unless you're very eccentric, very rich, or lucky enough to be both).

Sheila
04-15-2009, 02:39 PM
As June says a lot will depend on how often you dress, but I agree with part of what the others say, one outfit is not enough ............ although not with the reason they have stated ,that your wife should be restricted to one outfit if that is her attitude ........... come on guys/gurls she dress female 24/7 ........... her husband will I assume have more than one set of clothes for his male side .......... please stop comparing GG's with CDERs, we tend not to like it :D

Hun try talking to her, maybe even get her to read the loved ones section here, it may help :hugs:

pink femme
04-15-2009, 02:39 PM
I can only think that you can never have too much.....just ask any GG :)

I would want a wardrobe full of so many different outfits not to mention another one just for shoes :)

When I started being a girl at a young age, I was forever trying on so many of my mother's underwear and outfits....and that feeling of MORE IS GOOD still lives with me 35 years later :D

Kali
04-15-2009, 02:46 PM
My SO told me I was getting to the point where I would need to use her clothing purchases rule:

"When something new comes in, something old has to go out."

:o

Nattastic
04-15-2009, 02:51 PM
One outfit?!!

GGs don't really seem to "get it" do they! Frusterating reality.

I have enough clothes to make a go at full time myself, and its just never enough.

I can see their point though... and think a comprimise should be considered. Maybe aquiring enough to fill a certain size bag that can be kept someplace safe would be reasonable... but one outfit just isnt enough by any stretch!

Senban
04-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Reminds me of that scene in the Red Dwarf episode "Future Echoes".

Lister, finding the Cat with a rack of suits: What are you doing?
Cat: I'm doing what you said to do.
Lister: I said, "Take a few essential basics you couldn't bear to leave behind."
Cat: Right! These are all I'm taking. Just these, and the other ten racks. Travel light, move fast!
Lister: You can't take all of this. There's no room.
Cat: OK, then I'll leave ... this! [a small handkerchief] I'll just have to do without it.
Lister: You can take two suits and that's it.
Cat: Two suits? Then I'm staying!
Lister: You can't stay. By the time I come out, you'll be dead.
Cat: Two suits is dead! Hey! If I cut off my leg and leave it behind, can I take three?

Watch from 3.12 onwards :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0HL37fPawQ

If I had only one outfit and one pair of shoes, I'd have nothing to wear on laundry day :p

Joanne f
04-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Yes of course we can and i expect most have :whistling:, well i know i have :D

cindym5_04
04-15-2009, 03:19 PM
My SO told me I was getting to the point where I would need to use her clothing purchases rule:

My wife has that same rule about all clothing in general. Fortunately not too long ago I got rid of a hefty bag of guy clothes and a hefty bag of girl clothes (they just didn't fit anymore). I have room for new stuff... that fits!

Kate Lynn
04-15-2009, 03:33 PM

Katie

I would love to see a spouse of a CD live with just one outfit,one pair of shoes,can they do that?

Deb The Brunette
04-15-2009, 03:46 PM
I've got more clothes than most ggs anyway lol :D :tongueout

(But I ain't got as much make up as Missy Karen Hutton though)

Helen H. Heels
04-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Ho everloving way will one pair of shoes do!!
I have the task of chosing an outfit for church or the tavern each week.
This leads to great anxiety over what to wear.
One pair of heels I had when I was 14 years of age.
Hugs,
Helen:brolleyes:

Ruth
04-15-2009, 04:02 PM
There is such a thing as seasonal clothing. I have my winter stuff and my summer stuff. And my in-between stuff. OK it seems like a lot, but it's very much fit for purpose. There's not a lot of duplication.
Feel free to use this line with SOs who are wondering where all the wardrobe space went.

Tina B.
04-15-2009, 04:11 PM
How much you need would be dictated more on why you dress than how often you dress i would think. But yes you can have too much, I know because I do!
Tina
And I plan on keeping it all!

LindaMarie
04-15-2009, 04:21 PM
My wife has a similar attitude. I should be able to get by with just one outfit and one pair of shoes because that would be my crossdresser outfit.

The difference between her attitude and mine (closet space and money permitting, I'd love to buy a new outfit and shoes every week :) ), is just one more indication of how far apart we are in working out this whole crossdressing thing.

Karren H
04-15-2009, 04:24 PM
YES.... Too much of a good thing is bad!!! lol

dennisGTS
04-15-2009, 04:58 PM
I don't have near as many girl clothes as I have male. My wife keeps me in check because, if it were up to me, I'd be in debt over my head just from buying womens clothing. I'd be a shop-a-holic! If I could wear 24/7, I don't think there could ever be TOO MUCH womens clothes in my closet! :battingeyelashes:

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Can we really have too much? Thoughts?

Yeah, sure. Just like a gg can ever have too much. ;)

I'll get as much as I please... so long as I can afford it. My wife doesn't mind me accumulating more female clothes, so long as she gets to pick up some goodies for herself as well. That's when I usually get more clothes anyway - when Mrs. H. goes shopping for herself.

I don't imagine my wardrobe will ever stop growing. It may stall out for a while here and there as other bills pile up, but it will just keep growing and growing and growing. :)

Deja vu. I swear this has been asked before and I responded almost exactly the same. Hmm. Oh well. No end to my wardrobe!

Carly D.
04-15-2009, 07:20 PM
I just really want one outfit.. just one... but I have several and would have more if I allowed myself to dress myself as myself... did I use "myself" too much there?? anyway I'd really like to have a couple of dresses and skirts and tops and.. hmmm.. conspiracy by real women working against the cross dresser to live with just one thing to express our feminininity.. hmmm...

BLUE ORCHID
04-15-2009, 07:21 PM
My collection of clothes shoes and wigs spans all four seasons
heavy weights light weights wools thin silks winter whites summer whites
shoes & boots highs to flats wigs all colors & lengths if I never bougth
anymore femme clothes I would probably still have too much.
My wife says I take up too much of her closet space and this is the
olny CDing thing we ever talk about.
Tolerates it but it's a don't ask don't tell thingee!!!
.................................................. ...................thanks........ORCHID

CharlotteW
04-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Well, I think I have enough clothing. Just a handful of skirts, a handful of tops, a few pairs of shoes and plenty of lingerie. Crazy thing is...my wife wants to buy me more. She said I'll need something for the summer, to wear whilst out shopping.

Edited to add... she came home today with a reddish/pink jacket (a bit shorter and 'pinker' than the cardigan I'm wearing in my avatar). Apparently it was for herself but I could tell she was also thinking of me when she bought it.

Seriously.

Shikyo
04-16-2009, 08:49 AM
One set ain't enough for anyone, it's just too little no matter how one looks at it. But for a occasional cross dressing few different sets should be enough. There's no need to have feminine cloths for each day of the year at all, unless ones rich and one actually wants to wear different set of cloths each day of the year.

Just discuss the matter with your SO I'm sure she will understand why you would like to have more than one set, but be calm about it.

SouthernBelle.GG
04-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Can we really have too much? Thoughts?

I'm probably the wrong person to answer this since I'm always looking for things to buy my SO when shopping. He hasn't worn half the things I've bought though, so...

No. You can never have too much - especially if the wife can wear it too. :heehee:

Sammy777
04-16-2009, 10:23 AM
A recipe for disaster is asking your SO if she can survive on only one outfit.

Can you in your daily life survive with only one outfit?
I didn't think so.

But yes, even if you do it very rarely one outfit is just not enough.

lauraabdl
04-16-2009, 04:00 PM
You can never-never have too much in the way of clothes or lingere or makeup or nail polish or girly anything. Ask any GG and she will tell you the girl with the most clothes/everything wins in the END.
I for one don't plan on being left behind, so shoping I go, where I will keep it is a story for another day.:tongueout
Laura

sissystephanie
04-16-2009, 04:06 PM
As my title states, what is the definition of too much? I have a chest of drawers, 2 bedroom closets, and 5 portable closets full of feminine things. Oh yes, about 25 pair of shoes too. Is that too much? Not when I am looking for just the right outfit! O.K., so maybe I have gone a little overboard, but I do donate a lot of stuff to charity!!

Patricia1
04-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Too much? That's like telling a stamp collector that one first class stamp says it all. Guess she doesn't want you spending any cash "foolishly". Show her - look your best in whatever you get,

MissConstrued
04-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Crazy thing is...my wife wants to buy me more. She said I'll need something for the summer, to wear whilst out shopping.

Well, you should never argue with a wise wife. :)

I'm probably the wrong person to answer this since I'm always looking for things to buy my SO when shopping. He hasn't worn half the things I've bought though, so...

No. You can never have too much - especially if the wife can wear it too. :heehee:

I'm guessing what he doesn't wear ends up on your side of the closet....

That's the kind of thing that worries me, see? What if, when I meet the perfect woman to marry, she's not my size? :sad:

Miranda09
04-16-2009, 10:03 PM
If I had the budget, I'd be buying ALL the time!! Besides, it's helping the economy...right???? :-))

Tora
04-16-2009, 10:14 PM
Too much of a good thing is wonderful!

Stephanie Miller
04-16-2009, 10:29 PM

My wife had that rule too, until I used it after I bought a new dress. Turns out she didn't like the idea of me throwing out old clothes of hers. :lol2:

suchacutie
04-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Of course we can have more than we need. We probably have more paper clips than we need as well! I do think that if our excess hurts the family pocketbook some thought must be given to limits. Otherwise, this is supposed to be fun...right?

:)

oh..and one outfit..omg!

tina

SouthernBelle.GG
04-17-2009, 07:02 AM
I'm guessing what he doesn't wear ends up on your side of the closet....

Not necessarily. Our closet and drawers are divided into his, mine, and ours. What's his is his. I've only worn a shirt from his side once - with permission. :)

LeslieSD
04-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Geez, I heard some many people complaining about unsupporting spouse. Allowing to dress? Even one pair of heel? I think many people would be more than happy to take it (maybe ask for a pair of pantyhose to go with it).

Be grateful, folks. :)

Trish
04-17-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm to the point of having more skirts and dresses than my wife.

silkandsatincd
04-17-2009, 09:47 PM
I don't think so. Buying new outfits gets me excited, I look forward to wearing new clothes and discovering my sense of style and what looks good on me. Although at the pace I have been buying new outfits on ebay, I will have more clothes than my wife very soon, and I will need a bigger closet! :dance:

cinndyred888
04-28-2009, 08:41 PM

Katie

as a true cd i love to dress in a hotel room with my wife doing my makeup. there then comes the question, what will i wear to start with ? skirt, blouse secretary look or will i go for a 50's retro polka look ? no we cant have enough clothes, shoes etc just be sensible and keep adding new items as you discard or give away older ones, after all isn't this what girls do ?

Jacueen
04-28-2009, 09:15 PM
I suppose it depends on how often you crossdress (or at least how often she knows you do,) but speaking for myself, I look for one or two new pieces every week.

When I was shopping just for male stuff, I always thought women were crazy how long they could spend at clothes shopping. Now that I only shop in women's stores and departments, I fully understand how hours can seemingly pass in an instant while I browse rack after rack of temptations!

:battingeyelashes: Jacueen

CharlotteW
04-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Well, I think I have enough clothing. Just a handful of skirts, a handful of tops, a few pairs of shoes and plenty of lingerie. Crazy thing is...my wife wants to buy me more. She said I'll need something for the summer, to wear whilst out shopping.

Edited to add... she came home today with a reddish/pink jacket (a bit shorter and 'pinker' than the cardigan I'm wearing in my avatar). Apparently it was for herself but I could tell she was also thinking of me when she bought it.

Seriously.

I'm starting to understand the women/shopping thing. We added a coral (sorta pink) top, a red/white skirt and silvr heels to my collection yesterday.:brolleyes:

Stephanie Michelle
04-29-2009, 10:04 AM
I am a little lucky in that my wife has gone up and down in weight and when she is at the upper end she and I wear the same size. When she loses weight again she has alot of clothes in the closet she doesn't wear. Thats were I get some of my stuff. I like her taste in clothes for the most part for me, but she usually doesn't like my taste in clothesalthough I would always share with her.

Stephanie Michelle

glynnis
04-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Heck I have almost as many dresses as my wife and far more pantis and bras.:hugs::hugs:

Fab Karen
04-29-2009, 04:46 PM
And how many outfits & pairs of shoes does your wife have? I'd bet more than one.

Sheila
04-29-2009, 04:53 PM
And how many outfits & pairs of shoes does your wife have? I'd bet more than one.

:confused: ....that is not the point & I am sure she does but there again she is a GG , so on that premise do we GG's expect our partners to only have one set of male clothes, I certainly don't :confused:

tricia_uktv
04-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Nope, if we ever want less we stop. Gofor it Katy!

sometimes_miss
04-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Much like many GG's, shopping for new outfits feels therapeutic. So, I already have way too many girl clothes. But at least this way I don't have to worry about doing clandestine laundry runs just because I run out of girl clothes, and feel the need to dress.

nicole01r
04-29-2009, 06:14 PM
The only problem for me is that I do have many different outfits and when I get the chance to dress I find myself changing too much and by the time I feel good time is running out. I also find myself constantly on the internet looking for deals. Hurray for the internet. Haven't gone shopping enfemme yet, although tryed in drab a few times and chickened out.

Alice Green
04-29-2009, 06:56 PM
I feel you can never have enough. But that just me.