PDA

View Full Version : fashion critic?

Val Tan
06-29-2005, 01:02 AM
i notice if i see, for example, a girl wearing a racerback top with a normal bra (ie, the bra straps are showing), i (in my mind) shake my head and wish i could tell her not to do that....

or if a girl wears those super low hipster panties, with not-so-low + tight jeans/pants (ie, you can see the vpl of the whole panty)...

and yet, in guy mode i am such a lousy dresser myself....

i feel like a hypocrite! :bonk:

norbie
06-29-2005, 02:37 AM
:) Hi,
May I ad to your fashion critic, I believe that this dropwaist down to the hips was a very bad fashion time. Because it was realy only for slim girls. It looked horrible when above the pants the tummy curved out, not very astetic.
Its simmiluar with the Indian Sari, the blouse stops just below the bust and the Sari start below the waist, you have to look after your figure very much.
Just my thoughts :D
Norbie :p

norbie
06-29-2005, 07:24 AM
point taken, you are very right. BUT - sometimes a little dreaming is permitted?
Hugs Norbie

Wendy me
06-29-2005, 07:36 AM
what Amelie said yes but above all why do thay dress that way ????nearest two answers i can think of is BECAUSE THAY CAN and IT'S THEIRE CHOISE.......

AllThingsPretty
06-29-2005, 07:49 AM
Amelie you go girl. That was the perfectly said.

Tristen Cox
06-29-2005, 10:46 AM
I don't see anything wrong with bra straps showing. I love this look.

I am curious,,,Why are CDs so critical of how others dress, especially of how younger GGs dress? It's not just this thread but this comment about how bad others dress comes up quite often. We ask others to acept the way we dress, yet we are so critical of how others dress. I think Tammi said the same thing in another thread, and she is right.

Once the CDs give up their ideas that there are rules to how someone should dress then maybe others will not impose their rules on us. There is no right or wrong way to dress, overweight people should have the same right to dress as thin people, this is a very prejudice way to think, that only thin, beautiful people can dress a certain way that others can't.

I know this next statement will get people here angry, but I can't help but think that most Cds here are a bunch of old Farts who have old fart ideas.
I feel most Cds here are living like it was the 1950's.
Come on,, everyone can dress the way they want, no body should feel bad for the way they dress, this includes CDs as well as young GGs, as well as overweight people. If we can't stop the stereotyping then we can never expect others to stop stereotyping.

These are just my thoughts, they are directed at no one person, but to the forum as a whole. There are quite a few posts here that put down how others dress. The posts are out there, you'll have to look for them. We must stop putting others down on how they dress.
I agree, mind you some of my statements on how the youth of today dress may be contrary to this, I share these 'opinions' here 'only', I don't go around publically trying to make any points. Infact as you say - the less we critisize others, the less we are subject to being critisized. We should be able to take advantage of there being less of a one way dress code for each gender. This ain't the 50's. ;)

Annabel Girlie
06-29-2005, 11:10 AM
I love to see bra straps, panties above waistbands, VPLs, the works. If I was a GG, I'd be out there shaking my sexy lingerie to the MAX!

I think it is sexy and liberating to see lovely lacy hints of what lies beneath. Let's see more of it

Annabel

Natalie x
06-29-2005, 12:03 PM
I'm with Amelie and Annabel. I may be old, but I'm f***ed if I'm going to let that make me act like an old person. In fact, I sometimes wish I could be more like Amelie, for a while, then I think "no, I couldn't keep up the pace"!! :D

Yes, I look at what every woman is wearing now, but it is to see whether they have an idea that I could steal.

And Amelie's other point is very important, too. Isn't it hypocritical to complain that society doesn't accept us as we are, then we pick holes in others? :confused:

Val Tan
06-30-2005, 12:13 AM
I am curious,,,Why are CDs so critical of how others dress, especially of how younger GGs dress? It's not just this thread but this comment about how bad others dress comes up quite often. We ask others to acept the way we dress, yet we are so critical of how others dress. I think Tammi said the same thing in another thread, and she is right.

amelie, what you say is true. like i said, i felt like a hypocrite :D

also, before my cd-ing got more serious, i wouldn't have noticed or bothered about such dressing

imo, I don't mind a bra strap showing or VPL, but a bra strap under a racerback top is kinda 'off' (to me)

Tamara Croft
06-30-2005, 04:29 AM
Excellent post Amelie :D I dress how I want to dress and if someone doesn't like, well that's just their problem. I wear clothes I feel comfortable in, maybe not the 'in' fashion, but I care not! :hugs:

karen marie
06-30-2005, 06:10 AM
we of all people shouldn't be critical of how others dress.
this defeats the whole purpose of striving for acceptance
of our cding.look at the person on the inside,for that's where
true beauty lies.
hugs,karen.

ronna
06-30-2005, 06:47 AM
Watch and learn, that's how I do it.
Go with the styles you like, ignore the rest.
For example, you will never see my belly hanging out over hiphugger jeans and a halter top. I mean, really! I'm not a teenager, and I don't pretend to be.
Just because I pretend to be a girl, well, that's different!

Val Tan
06-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Watch and learn, that's how I do it.
Go with the styles you like, ignore the rest.
For example, you will never see my belly hanging out over hiphugger jeans and a halter top. I mean, really! I'm not a teenager, and I don't pretend to be.
Just because I pretend to be a girl, well, that's different!

well said! :D

Julie
06-30-2005, 09:19 PM
I was dating a girl in the early 70's when hip huggers were all the rage. I didn't like them. I always preferred high waisted pants and shorts because it accentuated a woman's smaller waist, just my preference. Well my girlfriend was just like all the other girls then and had a drawer full of hip huggers. I never said anything but I hoped someday...

When her birthday came around I bought her a pair of high waisted slacks, the kind where the waist is right about at navel height. She looked at them and I could tell she really didn't like them. They weren't hip huggers, dummy! :duh:

Some time passes and I pick her up for a date and she has the slacks on and looks dynamite! :eek: I didn't realize what a small waist she had! I think she could tell by the look on my face I liked what I saw. As we drove away she said, "How do you like my miracle pants?" "Miracle pants?" I asked. "Yeah," she said, "they make me look so thin." Next thing I know she's buying that style herself and I rarely saw her in hip huggers after that and we dated for almost three years. And she always called them miracle pants.

To this day I still prefer that style over the low rise styles. They accentuate a woman's figure so nicely. :thumbsup:

Ava Mouse
06-30-2005, 10:40 PM
I hate hip huggers/low rider pants, too. I loved it in the 80's when gals wore jeans up to their belly buttons that really helped show off their hourglass figures...

As for being a fashion critic of others, I'm guilty, too. But let's face it, some people blindly follow the trends thinking they're unique! There's an art to matching colors, patterns, textures, fabrics, accessories, hairstyles, etc. When done with attention to detail and aesthetics, the presentation can be impressive.

Take food for example. Does that McDonald's hamburger look as good in that greasy cardboard box, with the top bun falling off, the hamburger meat sliding over, etc. as it does in the advertisement! It's the same food, but somehow that ad image looks tastier, doesn't it?

But let's face it, most people don't care if we think they look bad or don't match. We're more in tune to it then they are.

All we can hope for is that the fashion industry continues to make at least a few things WE like and can wear. Somebody's gotta be wearing that stuff, even if we rarely see people wearing it, because they still make it!

Wouldn't it be funny if crossdressers accounted for 50% of the dresses sold? :rolleyes:

And in a potentially thread hijacking side note, I think that there are probably more women out there that would rather be men than visa versa. That's the dirty little secret. I think a lot of women hate being thought of as fragile, pink and girly.

I think THAT's the reason for all this drabbish fashion lately. Everything from low riders, (men started that first, as I recall with male rap stars) to boy shorts underwear, to masculine shirts and shoes. Think about it, the fashion industry has adapted male clothing for women! Yup, boy shorts panties. Yet has not done the reverse.

I genuinely believe that they dress drabbish not so much to feel masculine, but to mask their femininity. Yet they still hang on to a bit of femininity by wearing a lace trim or similar.

So when we MTF's get out there and really femme it up, they think, why would you want to do that?!?!

Just rambling...

Jadeanne
06-30-2005, 11:01 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if crossdressers accounted for 50% of the dresses sold? :rolleyes:

In my house, my wife usually only wears a dress for church, and a lot of the time, it's either one of hers that we picked out together, or she borrows one of mine (I have more). I dress femme several times a week and it's almost always a dress or skirt. Pants are for boys, except for my silk paisley Liz Claiborne pantsuit (they are definitely NOT boy clothes).

Amelie,

I'm a child of the 50s and like to dress in that style, but not exclusively.

Everyone should dress they way they want. I get ideas for myself as I observe other people.

Jadeanne

Tristen Cox
06-30-2005, 11:02 PM
So when we MTF's get out there and really femme it up, they think, why would you want to do that?!?!

Just rambling...

Ramble on :thumbsup: I don't know if that is the main cause we have to down dress to fit in, but GGs just don't seem to have the time or want to go through all the work on a day to day basis to dress up all perfect and pretty for a trip out to the store. Heck even going to what used to be fancy resturants you see them in slacks and plain shoes and blouses. These are comfortable for them to wear and easy to slip on. A few dangly earings and they're set. Times have changed and I suppose it's about being comfortably dressed versus the work to be a fashion model when going out. Some women don't have to try they just look great in anything. For us this is still something that is new or not an everyday occurence so we are always trying to look our best. Had we been born females and lived our whole lives as such, would we go crazy trying to be fashionably stunning all the time? I don't think so, and we may become more like REAL gals just wearing what is comfortable and managable.

On another note, I think there's some strange limitations to what is sold in certain places. Back on those hip-huggers - a store nearby that caters to mostly 40 year olds and up is predominant with those pants for women. They don't sell and end up sitting there on the rack. A lot of their customers are up into their 70s. Why force this fashion line on people who obviously have no interest in wearing these things? They should be offering variety to chose from. So it's their own fault if customers are going elsewhere.

Val Tan
07-01-2005, 02:18 AM
As we drove away she said, "How do you like my miracle pants?" "Miracle pants?" I asked. "Yeah," she said, "they make me look so thin." Next thing I know she's buying that style herself and I rarely saw her in hip huggers after that and we dated for almost three years. And she always called them miracle pants.

miracle pants! :D :lol: