PDA

View Full Version : To shave or not to shave

kimkim
04-17-2009, 03:32 AM
Okay I've been shaving my legs over the winter but as the weather is getting warmer and warmer I find myself wanting to wear shorts as a guy. My question is would having shaved legs be too suspicious? I unfortunately don't do any sports where I can use the aerodynamic/hydrodynamic excuse.

Shikyo
04-17-2009, 03:35 AM
Shave, it feels so much nicer. Some people might give you strange looks, but as long as you like it, there's no problem doing it at all. Besides if someone asks, you can always say you just prefer it that way, I don't think anyone will start complaining or making a big deal out of it.

Alicia Neal
04-17-2009, 03:36 AM
I have had mine shaved for years and I have found that I love the smooth feeling and quiet frankly I could care less what people think about my smooth legs I say go for it

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-17-2009, 03:46 AM
I've been shaving my legs (and everything from the neck down) for some time now. No one has ever said anything about it or looked at me funny.

If you keep them cleanly shaven (no stubble visible), it probably won't even stand out to anyone. If someone asks about it, just explain how much you hate body hair and how itchy your legs were (even if they were not).

If you're athletic looking, that helps. But even if not, you still shouldn't have any problem. Keep in mind that it is unlikely anyone will assume that you're a cd because you shave your legs should the question arise. I think we all have a heightened sense of paranoia about it because we fear ridicule and rejection. But like I said - no one has ever questioned my shaved legs or even looked at me funny.

tanya1976
04-17-2009, 04:52 AM
Okay I've been shaving my legs over the winter but as the weather is getting warmer and warmer I find myself wanting to wear shorts as a guy. My question is would having shaved legs be too suspicious? I unfortunately don't do any sports where I can use the aerodynamic/hydrodynamic excuse.

I don't think so. There could be a million, well ok maybe not a milion but a few anyway, reasons why you would shave your legs. Lots of guys do it nowadays, not just those who crossdress. I wear shorts for sport and nobody has ever commented. If they did and I was feeling brave I would just say it's a personal preference, if not I would blame my girlfriend and say she prefers them that way!!!

Sarah...
04-17-2009, 04:55 AM
My question is would having shaved legs be too suspicious?

No.

deja true
04-17-2009, 05:09 AM
My question is would having shaved legs be too suspicious? ...

Too suspicious of what? That you prefer to be well groomed and not look like a sasquatch? That you've realized that getting rid of all that hair also cuts down body odor?

Oddly, for me, finally cutting of all that hair, and realizing that no one noticed, made me more self-confident in male mode. I felt cleaner all over .
And folks told me I looked younger and happier, but they didn't know exactly why. (Heck, most didn't even notice that I came back from a two week vacation without a beard that I had had for over 2 decades!)

Do it!

:)

Phyliss
04-17-2009, 05:19 AM
I guess one way of answering the "eternal" question of "would people notice" is to flip the question and ask. "Do you look at other guys legs, and wonder?"

I used to be worried until I asked myself the same thing, and realized that I'd never really looked, and quite frankly didn't much care anyhow.

So now, they've been "fuzz free" for the last 4 years.

Karren H
04-17-2009, 06:07 AM
Wear a tee shirt that says "I heart Michael Phelps" and they will think your a swimmer.... or gay or a gay swimmer.....

Edwina
04-17-2009, 06:13 AM
Just do it.
I have been doing it for three years and nobody has said a thing, and that includes my wife. :D
:love:

Edwina

Teresa Macaw
04-17-2009, 06:55 AM
Use as an excuse & take up jogging or riding a bicycle or swimming. I shave mine & jog & run. So make it a good thing & get out there & exercise!!! It will only make you a prettier chick!!!

StaceyJane
04-17-2009, 08:30 AM
I shave my arms and legs everyday. I also wear shorts and short sleave shirts. Believe me nobody notices he legs of a 43 yr old guy although they should because I think my legs look pretty darn cute.

Sara Jessica
04-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Keep in mind that it is unlikely anyone will assume that you're a cd because you shave your legs should the question arise. I think we all have a heightened sense of paranoia about it because we fear ridicule and rejection. But like I said - no one has ever questioned my shaved legs or even looked at me funny.

Good advice about what others are likely to think if they notice. People out there don't typically think "TG" when they see a form of feminine expression typically reserved for females at birth.

Just do it.
I have been doing it for three years and nobody has said a thing, and that includes my wife.

As I'm reading the replies, I'm thinking to myself most of us would say "just do it" and someone actually said it!!! What I'd add is that you have to do what's comfortable for yourself, not because everyone else says so. The prevailing advice is that we don't get much, if any grief for shaving our legs but this shouldn't be construed to mean people don't notice. They often do but just don't say anything, either because they don't care or that they're being polite and keeping whatever thoughts they have to themselves.

Rachel Morley
04-17-2009, 09:04 AM
I understand your dilemma as I was once in this situation too about 10 years ago. I was going on a boat trip vacation with a mixed group of friends and I decided to shave my legs and put fake tan on them. I also wore some short denim shorts.

When I got to the house not a single one of the guys noticed but I could tell that two of the GGs noticed as I could see them whispering to each other then one of them said to me out loud and in front of all the guys "did you shave you legs?" ... I was nonchalant bout it all and said in a matter of fact way "oh, that? .... well, yes I did. I prefer the smooth tanned look. I don't like myself being all hairy".

They're reaction was one of mild surprise but no one ever mentioned it again, not even the guys, and our friendship was still just the same as it always was. My point is strangers don't care and your friends might mention it but it won't change anything. We're our own worst enemy when it comes to irrational fears. Now go get that Ladyshave! :)

P.S. I did have a rehearsed answer for the guys (just in case) about how my sexuality is not identified by whether I have hair in certain places on my body or not, but I didn't need to use it.

Sally R.
04-17-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm having the same debate with myself. To shave or not during the summer. My biggest concern is going to my grandsons ball games with shorts on and my son noticing and questioning why since I never have before. I need to decide soon because it takes several weeks for it to grow back all the way and they are smooth as silk right now.

diannecourtney
04-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Do it and enjoy it. But do be prepared for the weekly endurance. I love my clear bod...

Lorileah
04-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Wear a tee shirt that says "I heart Michael Phelps" and they will think your a swimmer.... or gay or a gay swimmer.....

or a "smoker and a toker and a midnight joker"

First not all men have hair on their legs naturally so maybe you are one of them. Or maybe your are into sports or modeling. Maybe you have alopecia Arreata. Truth is if they ask, they are either curious or rude. Deciding which one will decide your response. Rude gets "I like it this way and you are asking a very personal question." Curious gets "I like the way it looks and feels thank you."

Donna Marie
04-17-2009, 09:52 AM
I've been shaving my arms & legs for years now with absolutely zero comments from anyone. I've been to our conservative church's activities where shorts and tee shirts were appropriate, and my hairless limbs were out there for all to see - nothing said! And to make it a bit more interesting, I keep my fingernails long. I have had comments about that - I just say I used to bite them when I was working, but now that I am retired and stress-free it is nice to let them grow out. So - go for it - people just don't notice stuff like that.

jeri1973
04-17-2009, 09:58 AM
I too have decided this summer is going to be a hair free summer. For years I have been shaving my legs only to let the hair grow back in the spring. This year I just said the heck with what others think, I like it, they are my legs and I'm doing it. Looking forward to being out on the lake with my smooth legs.

Happy Shaving,
Jeri

Nattastic
04-17-2009, 10:10 AM

.....or a bong smoking fiend.... or a gay swimming bong smoking fiend....

I used to claim I just hated body hair...not even a lie, not that I was really questioned by anyone, just girlfriends sooner or later. I say go for it, just make out like its no big deal... what? everyone doesnt shave their legs?!!

JeanneF
04-17-2009, 10:21 AM
If you are naturally hairy, people who know you well will notice. But, the odds are no one will say anything, or if they do, something simple like "my SO hates body hair" usually shuts people up. People who don't know you won't notice or care.

Shaving and waxing is becoming more and more common among guys...there's no reason not to anymore.

Renae Word
04-17-2009, 10:37 AM
I shave my legs year around and I have had one person ask. I ansered Of course I shave, like it was no big deal and nothing happened.

Laura Evans
04-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Don't worry about what others may think. I have been shaving mine for a while now and go out in public and to the gym in shorts and rarely get a second look. In the summer I work in a very public area talking to many people while in shorts and have never gotten a second look, at least not at my legs. The only comments I ever received where from people who knew me before I shaved and it was more of a question about whether I had shaved my legs and I answered yes without an explanation and that was it. So back to my title: JUST DO IT!

Trish
04-17-2009, 01:05 PM
I've been shaving mine year round, for about 20 years. No comments yet.

tricia_uktv
04-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Just do it, you'll get no problems. Promise. And it does feel great!

KarenCDFL
04-17-2009, 01:21 PM
I shave as well and no one has ever mentioned anything. I do have a quick answer just in case, "My wife likes it that way". (And she does!) I figure that would shut anyone up. :)

PretzelGirl
04-17-2009, 02:29 PM
To add to the "they really don't care" portion of the conversation, I have been shaving or epilating mine for a few years straight. I thought that no one would notice and I never heard a thing. Well, I found there was more to it. My wife was telling our friends and my daughter when that type of subject came up so it was just an "outing" type of conversation. The surprising thing? Not one of them has said a thing to to me. Just something that is a matter of course.

Marla
04-17-2009, 02:37 PM
At 61 I have very light hair anyway. I look at guys my own age and really dont like the gray chest hair look and so I shave everything one a week and honest to god nobody has ever noticed!

Carly D.
04-18-2009, 10:18 AM
I think shaving is just that.. shaving.. like for many the first time they wear out was so mind numbingly fantastic you wanted to shout it to the world.. then by the umpteenth time it's like what's so big about this.. I wouldn't know.. I almost went out two nights ago fully dressed but chickened out at the last minute blaming the weather (it was raining slightly)... but to shave or not to shave, that is the question.. what is nobler in the... oh just shave and get it over with.. the world will still rotate and the economy will still suck.. live a little.. eat pudding.. or not..

kimkim
04-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Thanks for all the advise and encouragement ladies. I guess it probably is just an irrational fear thing. Guess I'll be having a silky-smooth summer. :daydreaming:

KimberlyJo
04-18-2009, 09:24 PM
I was going to let the hair on my legs grow back out for summer, but after reading all these comments about it...I'm not gonna!! I just shaved em again for the first time in a couple weeks and ahhhhhhhhh....so much better. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

paulaN
04-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Keep them shaved this summer. You won't regret it I'm sure. I keep mine shaved year around. You're the only one that cares.

Jenna Stunned
04-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Oh how badly I want to keep shaving for the summer. nice summer breeze on my smooth shaved legs while wearing a nice light summer dress....... wow that sounds nice.

but while this thread is here, Does everyones shaving go beyond there legs. Does everyone also shave there upperbody as well?? Has anyone ever said anything about that while you had your shirt off??

MissConstrued
04-18-2009, 11:58 PM
Does everyones shaving go beyond there legs. Does everyone also shave there upperbody as well?? Has anyone ever said anything about that while you had your shirt off??

Everything. Arms too. If anyone ever asked, which they haven't, I could theoretically tell them the truth -- my girlfriends like it better that way. (And wow, do they! Ask yourself, what girl would want to lick whipped cream off Sasquatch?) Or to some joker: "Your wife likes me better this way." :devil:

AshleyCDFL
04-19-2009, 12:32 AM
but while this thread is here, Does everyones shaving go beyond there legs. Does everyone also shave there upperbody as well?? Has anyone ever said anything about that while you had your shirt off??[/QUOTE]

I only have about 10 chest hairs anyway, so I think that's more embarassing than a bare chest, lol. The nipples on the other hand, sometimes I shave them, sometimes I don't. I don't normally shave my armpits, but I have on occasion, I got weird look once from a coworker, but he never said anything.... I've never shaved my arms, but they don't have much hair anyway. Some people will notice these things, but most people are so caught up in their own little world that they'll never notice.

KimberlyJo
04-19-2009, 12:47 AM
but while this thread is here, Does everyones shaving go beyond there legs. Does everyone also shave there upperbody as well?? Has anyone ever said anything about that while you had your shirt off??

Shirt off, in public...NO WAY!! Ha, I'm so skinny I've always been embarrassed about my upper body. I have like 3 chest hairs so it's easier just to pluck them lol. I do shave my armpits but it grows back so fast its hard to keep up with. It will be "interesting" to see if anyone notices my shaved armpits now that T-Shirt weather is rapidly approaching. I don't worry about strangers or even co-workers so much, but if a friend was to notice, I'm not sure how I would react. :eek:

linnea
04-19-2009, 01:45 AM
I don't think that most people will give your shaved legs a second thought or look.

keisha83
04-19-2009, 02:35 AM
I have been shaving my legs for years and nobody cares. A lot of guys shave their legs for many different reasons.

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-19-2009, 07:45 AM
...I don't worry about strangers or even co-workers so much, but if a friend was to notice, I'm not sure how I would react. :eek:

Just tell them you shave because it's itchy if you don't shave. You might even suggest they give it a try. Display that you don't care about it or what people think and just laugh with them if they laugh. Let it slide, don't draw additional attention to it and it will probably never get brought up again.

I honestly don't care what people say about my shaving... although no one has ever said anything about it.

Claire Cook
04-19-2009, 08:11 AM
I'm continuing to shave my legs for the first time in the warm time, and so far no problems. So let's both (all?) do it!

Jolene
04-19-2009, 11:26 AM

Shave. Best thing I ever did. Where is it written a guy has to look like an ape. Just my 2 cents worth. :)

msginaadoll
04-19-2009, 04:45 PM
I shave my legs, etc all year long. I say be prepared for some people to notice. I even had one girl ask me why do u shave your legs. My first response was HUH? After taking a second or two or three to not respond its none of your @##$$$%% business. I responded "Because I want to" I left it at that. By the tone of my voice she didnt press though could see she wanted to. This was from a lady that I meet off and on in social circles as well.

Natalie_Alexander
04-19-2009, 10:25 PM
I was worried about this the first time I totally shaved my legs. You'd be surprised how little people really notice. Of course, I didn't wear a lot of shorts anyway nor did I ever have that hairy of legs anyway! Hehe! But if they ask, just say Michael Phelps shaves his legs and he's no less a guy XD

marny
04-19-2009, 11:05 PM
epilator girls

Scotty
04-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Shave them - be confident about it and then forget they are shaved - you'll find nobody notices....

I have gotten compliments while shaved, mostly from women of course :)

jackieo
04-20-2009, 01:02 PM
I have been shaving my legs and my arm pits for 30 year and no one has ever said a word.You can't have any stubble or the jig is up.I'm not a vary hairy person so I only have to shave every 2 weeks to keep them smooth.In Ohio it just starting to get warm out side so I have been putting lacuna sun kissed with Q10 it adds a hint of sunkissed color so there no so bright white.LOL
jackieo

LisaMichaels
04-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Yes I would love to stay shaven during the summer but I let it grow. I know I'm a big chicken. Short wearing weather always makes me let it grow out and makes me look hard for the first leaf to fall so I can bring out the razors and shave legs, arms, chest, and pits. I tried to stay shaven once during short weather but was asked about it by my son. I told him that I could'nt get some sticky chalk off my legs from a bathroom remodel. He bought it that time. DOES ANYONE NEED HELP ON THEIR BATHROOM. LOL.:D

Charleen
04-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Shave! I work in a tourist town and when I'm in a ticket booth I look at EVERYONE! I've seen guys with smooth legs and gals that are hairy. I figure, to each, his/her own.
I'm clean from the waist down and would not go topless as I am a B-cup. They would get noticed more then being hairless!

Erica K.
04-20-2009, 03:20 PM
I was going to let the hair on my legs grow back out for summer, but after reading all these comments about it...I'm not gonna!! I just shaved em again for the first time in a couple weeks and ahhhhhhhhh....so much better. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Same here, I was on the fence about it untill this thread. I DID make the decision to start shaving my arms this past weekend as well.

AshleyCDFL
04-20-2009, 03:58 PM
I really began to think about how many guys actually shave their legs, so as my wife and I were out shopping this weekend I made it a point to check out everyone's legs. I was actually surprised at the amount of guys that shave their legs, it may be a South Florida thing, but I would say it was above 30% easy! So there's either a lot more crossdressers than anyone ever thought, or its really not that big a deal anymore..... Either way your good to go!

vjaducd
04-20-2009, 04:15 PM
I realy like to shave not only leggs but also whole body except eye brows which i get to thread, else I love sexy feeling after shaving the whole body,under arms,chest thieves & feel great & enjoy total c.d.ing
vjaducd from india:hugs::love::thumbsup:

Paula_S
04-20-2009, 06:06 PM
I think some forum members go through a lot of fear and doubt about this, but the keen athletes' common practice of removing body hair to improve running performance times etc. could have a lot to offer them. A totally believable 'excuse' for the enjoyment of being silky smooth, 2 enjoyable hobbies (exercise and dressing), and the chance to squeeze into a smaller dress size... :D

CD Susan
04-20-2009, 11:14 PM
I shave my legs and wear shorts in the summer. No one has ever commented on it and if they did I would tell them I prefer them that way. It is my business and no one elses.

TJ Tresa
04-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Okay I've been shaving my legs over the winter but as the weather is getting warmer and warmer I find myself wanting to wear shorts as a guy. My question is would having shaved legs be too suspicious?
I unfortunately don't do any sports where I can use the aerodynamic/hydrodynamic excuse.

Neither do I, and I have been shaving ly legs and underarms all year round for three(3) years. I have had absolutely no commits one way or the other. My experience has been that people just don't seem to notice or don't care about men's legs.
Also I have noticed that many men, (with a little age,) appear not to have much hair if any left on thier legs, (seems it migrats to our ears, LOL.)