PDA

View Full Version : Spring in the Northland

Magickman
04-17-2009, 06:37 AM
Spring weather has finally arrived in the northland. It is now the season for shorts and short skirts.

For my weekly visit to the nail salon, I was able to wear a short skort and a t-shirt.

I chose the skort, rather that the skirt, today, so the nail tech would not have to look at my underwear, while she did my pedicure.

With a new, brightly hued matching manicure and pedicure, and the nice weather, suitable for spring clothes, my mood has also brightened.

I am excited about the warm season, and the opportunities it offers for abbreviated clothing styles.

How about you? Are you ready to wear summer clothes?

Karren H
04-17-2009, 07:37 AM
I hate warm weather... Heat and makeup don't go together... I have no issue wearing a skirt in the winter.. As long as its above 10 below F.. Lol. Can't wait for fall!! :)

vikki2020
04-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Oh yeah! Right now is El Perfecto for me. 60's and low 70's--can leave the jacket at home,make-up stays put,skirts are out!Karen, I know what you mean--went out on a 90 degree day once, and it was a disaster!

Karren H
04-17-2009, 09:33 AM
Karen, I know what you mean--went out on a 90 degree day once, and it was a disaster!

I don't know how women do that? In the heat and keep their faces on... If this global warming thingy keeps going I may have to miagrate northward!! I hear they mine coal in northern Siberia... And I could wear a babushka!! :)

sissystephanie
04-17-2009, 10:22 PM
I also wore a skort and Tee to my nail salon earlier this week. I love the warm weather, and the opportunity to wear skorts or short skirts and skimpy tops over my 40 B's!!:heehee:

Sorry, Karren, since I don't wear makeup now, really hot weather doesn't bother me! Now that I think of it, it never seemed to bother my late wife either and she of course did wear makeup! She always used to say, "honey, if the makeup runs, there is too much of it!" She learned that from a friend who was a studio makeup artist.

Teri Jean
04-19-2009, 07:36 AM
Thanks Seph, go lite on the makeup in the heat and of course carry a compact to freshen up. Yeh summers here. Keli

Jolene
04-19-2009, 11:28 AM
I have been cold all winter here. Will be nice to get my skirts out and wear them again. Till them I will manage in my leather pants. :)