PDA

View Full Version : College degree

Vivian2
06-29-2005, 03:34 AM
I was wondering how easy it is to get a name change on a college degree?
And if it gender nuetral I.E no clear identification of previous gender since I plan to complete college as a male and then transition afterwords. Can a college refuse. My worries stem from the fact that I'm going to a private christian university and I'm not sure if I tried to change my name and gender if they would update their racords.

Vivian2
07-12-2005, 12:07 AM
anyone please I'd love your input.

Julie
07-12-2005, 01:34 AM
I recall hearing it done before and it was a lot easier than getting a legal name change. I read a story about this some time ago and I recall it wasn't nearly as difficult as the author expected. Try a Google search, it will probably yield a lot more than what I gave you.

Rachel_740
07-12-2005, 01:56 PM
I was wondering how easy it is to get a name change on a college degree?
And if it gender nuetral I.E no clear identification of previous gender since I plan to complete college as a male and then transition afterwords. Can a college refuse. My worries stem from the fact that I'm going to a private christian university and I'm not sure if I tried to change my name and gender if they would update their racords.

Vivian,

You don't say what country your in, but I'm in the UK and sent my HND certificate to have the name changed (at no cost) a few weeks ago - I suddenly realised one day that all my certificates are now in the wrong name. I also have a number of City and Guilds certificates, so I emailed them and they can also change the name, but at £30 per certificate :( , and I have 8 of them - £240 :eek: .

My advice, if your 150% sure that you are going to transition is ask your college if they can issue your certificate in the femme name you are going to use.

Anne