tricia_uktv
04-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Its about being yourself, isn't it?

Kate Simmons
04-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Bingo Tricia.:)

Sam-antha
04-17-2009, 01:52 PM
It is, I believe, about being both of me.
At two different times

~Samm

TrekGirl1701
04-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Exactly! :)

Sarah...
04-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Yep. Be yourself. Of course, if you happen to be a woman then it's both. I spent a long time being someone else. When I started being myself again it was clear to me and those who love me that I'm a woman.

So it all works out if you let it :)

Sarah...

Intertwined
04-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Ding Ding Ding Ding, We have a winner...!

Thats exactly it for me, its just about being comfortable, and being ME.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=9860&albumid=927&dl=1232403938&thumb=1 - http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=9987&albumid=927&dl=1232602284&thumb=1

vivianann
04-17-2009, 02:13 PM
I agree Tricia, when I dress up I am expessing my true self

Nattastic
04-17-2009, 02:15 PM
TS' would say no, its about being a woman, but this is a crossdressing site -directed toward crossdressers, and as such one should assume that aspect of the gender umbrella isnt the focus here.

Could it be getting to be someone else entirely in some cases as well? Possibly.

Personally I often laid claim to the idea that "this is just part of me" as well. Just me being me. I'm not so certain that sort of claim has any real clout with me anymore though. I say if you are happy, and crossdressing works just fine in your life - then fantastic, carry on doing what youre doing and beleiving what you beleive! In such cases I'm jealous!

Getting back to the idea of being someone else > Isnt it wonderful to cast aside ones own identity?! the bills, the way you behaved at the office Christmas party last year, your stresses, problems.. and just make a whole new you! Everything is different on the outside, some things even change internally... but its like you have a clean slate. You actually escape certain realities and have a whole new world to rediscover! Its bliss.

Deborah Jane
04-17-2009, 02:31 PM
YUP
You got in one Tricia

GaleWarning
04-17-2009, 02:45 PM
I agree!

Kate Lynn
04-17-2009, 03:06 PM
I thought it was about individuality,living outside the box.

Karren H
04-17-2009, 03:34 PM
I thought it was about wearing pretty clothes and playing with makeup?

julie t
04-17-2009, 03:37 PM
I agree 100%. It's just another part of our personality. I like to think the world would be a better place if all the men had a feminine side.

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-17-2009, 03:37 PM

I think it's about a lot of things to me, but "being myself" is at the core of it all.

Patricia1
04-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Bingo Tricia.:)

Wait a minute. I called first.

MarinaTwelve200
04-17-2009, 07:27 PM
It ALL depends upon WHY you CD. I, for one, do it to NOT be 'myself"---Some of us CD to ESCAPE our real self. The idea is to become someone else far removed from one's normal self, thus permitting one to drop all the cares , concerns and obligations of one's real (male) self. The result is supreme releif of stress and a form of total relaxation.

I call this form of CDing "escapist". There are other reasons for CDing too, that have nothing to do with "being one's 'real' self", whatever that means.---Some of us CD as a form of 'risk taking' or "taboo-tripping" that results in an addictive "brain High". Still, others of us CD for sexual enjoyment alone---such as a fetish situation or even SM/ humiliation.---Indeed, not ALL of us think of CDing as "striving to be our 'real' selves"

Jenniferpl
04-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Just trying to be the best person I can be.

Sarah_new
04-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Well said Tricia

susan fuller
04-17-2009, 08:03 PM
I agree that it is being the person you like and want to be. I love feeling like a woman. When I am dressed up I do feel like a woman and love the feeling.

TGMarla
04-17-2009, 08:26 PM
My reasons tend to fluxuate. There are times when I'm more transgendered than at other times. Does that make sense? Sometimes it's all about the toys. It's all about the pretty dresses, and the pantyhose, and the high heels, and the cute little bracelets, and the perfume.....and on and on. There are other times when it's more about the woman I should have been, or the girl on the inside that is me..... It all gets very convoluted and confusing. The only constant through it all is that I love wearing pretty dresses and such.

So maybe it is all about being me. I love wearing dresses.

kellycan27
04-17-2009, 08:45 PM
:heehee:

Carroll
04-17-2009, 09:04 PM
!!!!!READ THIS FIRST!!!!!!! For those that want to be my friend, make sure you read about me and look at my pictures. I am who I am and God and my family will always love me for being true to myself, not by what I wear. Chris and Carroll

This is what I have put on both my FaceBook and MySpace profiles...pretty much sums it up

Patty
04-17-2009, 09:09 PM

:iagree:

Stephanie Stephens
04-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Ab...sooo..luut...ly

Kaylee 85
04-18-2009, 06:49 AM
Yup, if I like it I do it, if I don't I don't and nobody's gonna tell me otherwise!

Angie G
04-18-2009, 07:00 AM
Yes it is Tricia.:hugs:
Angie

Raychel
04-18-2009, 07:02 AM
That is it exactly Tricia. :thumbsup:

Wendy me
04-18-2009, 07:08 AM
lol you know some times well hell a lot of times i see the one up's here and every were .... like some kinda of competition on who is more fem than the next ... so glade i not a cross dresser ... this to me is about being me and being the happiest me i can be ..... there is no competition or compare for that .... not always knowing exactly who and were your going is OK ..... not being you is not............

Christina Horton
04-18-2009, 01:19 PM
for me it's about being myself ofcourse but for me it's allso about being a woman even though I don't want srs. I love being my self and being treated as a woman. But that's me.

Pamela Julie
04-18-2009, 05:29 PM

I agree! I am a woman. I just have to work extra hard to look the part.

Pamela:)

curse within
04-18-2009, 05:55 PM
:daydreaming:...I think it's a part of me trying to express it's self after years and months and days of supression:Angry3:..Then ...****Poof**** This other personality appears from within and:eek:.. wants to express a different gender:D

Kaz
04-18-2009, 06:16 PM
:daydreaming:...I think it's a part of me trying to express it's self after years and months and days of supression:Angry3:..Then ...****Poof**** This other personality appears from within and:eek:.. wants to express a different gender:D

It took me a long long time to accept Kaz, and I have, but she pops up in different guises and at different times. Even when I give her space she amazes me by going away...?

I agree, it is about being me in a holistic sense, which will sound like crap to Karren! I am not a bloke in a dress.. I am a person and I choose to express what that person feels from time to time...

But sometimes... make-up, heels, all gets the better of me! PF

If it helps, I have a 20 year old daughter (fashion student) - she IS like I feel when in PF! She wears whatever she wants anytime!

:daydreaming:

Mickie2b
04-18-2009, 06:26 PM
I dunno. For me personally, it IS about being a girl, the best faux girl I can be. Other times of my life, it is about being a guy, the best guy I can be.

OF course, both are me, so go figure.

Mickie

curse within
04-18-2009, 06:29 PM
It took me a long long time to accept Kaz, and I have, but she pops up in different guises and at different times. Even when I give her space she amazes me by going away...?

I agree, it is about being me in a holistic sense, which will sound like crap to Karren! I am not a bloke in a dress.. I am a person and I choose to express what that person feels from time to time...

But sometimes... make-up, heels, all gets the better of me! PF

If it helps, I have a 20 year old daughter (fashion student) - she IS like I feel when in PF! She wears whatever she wants anytime!

:daydreaming: Oh I agree Kaz, For me it is sometimes months even sometimes years:eek:..And yes sometimes days :tongueout...But there is no set schedule... I do not think about it 24/7 except when it hits and when it hits there is very little I can do to stop the constant nagging until I give in..Maybe that would be my pattern, "to give in" because I am so use to it I know it will go away after the fog lifts..:doh:

Joy Carter
04-18-2009, 06:37 PM
It started off as why can't I, age maybe four (?) Then with years of why am I this way. The last three was, this is who I am. Now I'm asking myself, how can I manage this and not further alienate myself socialy.

ukxdress
04-19-2009, 02:14 AM

I'll be using this quote during our next discussion!! Thank you.............

ReineD
04-19-2009, 02:27 AM
TS' would say no, its about being a woman, but this is a crossdressing site -directed toward crossdressers, and as such one should assume that aspect of the gender umbrella isnt the focus here.

Not to be picky, Nattastic, but this site is for all TGs and their loved ones. Read the top of the page: *** Welcome to Crossdressers.Com *** The #1 Community for Crossdressers, the Transgendered, Transsexuals, their Loved Ones and Friends ***
:hugs:

And Tricia, Ka-ching! :hugs:

keisha83
04-19-2009, 02:32 AM
My thoughts exactly

Lisa Golightly
04-19-2009, 02:36 AM
They are one and the same for me :)