PDA

View Full Version : It is just me or do you notice it too ?

Emily Ann Brown
06-29-2005, 09:03 AM
Sitting in a high powered meeting this morning with 9 other men. The glass top on the conference table allows for me to view everyone's sitting position. It just suddenly occurred to me. Everybody else is sitting like spread legged....you know? Like they have 40 pound gonads and their legs cannot even come close to touching at the knees, and I'm sitting with my legs crossed at the ankles and knees close together. Hummmmm wonder if anyone else at the table noticed as well ?

Do you find that you are becoming feminine in the little details, even when not fully dressed?

Emily Ann

Wendy me
06-29-2005, 09:35 AM
just the girl in you letting you know she is still there.........

Shinya
06-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Yes, I cross at the ankles quite often. Even standing. I don't even worry about it. Maybe once in all the time of being me, only once had anyone said a word about it.

karen marie
06-30-2005, 11:56 AM
i always sit with either my legs crossed or ankles crossed
and knees together.even did it when i was in school.it seems
very natural to me,i do it without thinking.haven't had any comments
about it at work,being a nurse,i work with mostly women and it's
never came up.
hugs,karen.

MistyCD
06-30-2005, 12:03 PM
Being 6'4" and having problems sitting at desks, tables, etc, I developed the habit of crossing my knees or ankles early on. If people say anything, i tell them i hurt my knee years ago and have to sit that way.

Stephenie
06-30-2005, 01:02 PM
I was told that I sit like a girl when I was a teenager, by my brothers girl friend. She tried to teach me to sit like a guy. It didn't take well. I sit with my ankles crossed most of the time.

Stephanie Brooks
06-30-2005, 01:07 PM
I've had a few women at work touch me the way they'd touch another woman in normal communication. It's just a communication gesture, nothing else. I don't see them doing it with other men. I suspect I'm sending certain signals unconsciously. ^_^

kymmieLorain
06-30-2005, 01:35 PM
Well I have always sat with either one or both my legs under my butt. I have done this even before the thought of crossdressing entered my mind( maybe just my consious mind) Sitting that way just seems natural to me.

Kymmie

Emily Ann Brown
06-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Stephanie,

Hadn't thought about the touching thing, but now that I do, one of the ladies in the office (I have a lot of business interaction with her) does the female communication touching thing with me also. Hummmmmm

Chasing a rabbit, I would wager that there aren't too many of us girls that know where Oakton is located, besides in Virginia.

Emily Ann

Stephanie Brooks
06-30-2005, 01:55 PM
Stephanie,

Hadn't thought about the touching thing, but now that I do, one of the ladies in the office (I have a lot of business interaction with her) does the female communication touching thing with me also. Hummmmmm

Chasing a rabbit, I would wager that there aren't too many of us girls that know where Oakton is located, besides in Virginia.

Emily Ann
Touching: ^_^ The sisterhood.

Oakton: It's a suburb west of DC in Fairfax County. I take it you're familiar with the area?

http://www.city-data.com/city/Oakton-Virginia.html

Kimberly
06-30-2005, 02:25 PM
I sometimes sit with my ankles crossed, and notice all the girls doing it, but not the guys.... eeep! :(

Emily Ann Brown
06-30-2005, 02:26 PM
24 years in Roanoke, 5 years in Blacksburg, 18 years in Richmond.
Made a blue bazillion business trips to Northern Virginia.

Yeah, I might be a little familar with with that neck of the woods.

Emily Ann

DonnaT
07-01-2005, 12:20 AM
I'm a splayer :eek: :D

I'd need a belt around the knees to keep 'em together :p

celeste26
07-01-2005, 12:39 AM
There are exercises that can help with that aspect of sitting. By providing resistance to the knees bring them towards each other after awhile they naturally come together more easily. I can actually cross my legs at the knee without much effort now. Just like the ladies (sort of)

girlintouch
07-01-2005, 01:28 AM
Now that you siad I see what you are saying. I have been told that I sit like a girl but never put 2 and 2 together. I have always cross my lags or ankles, or tucked my feet up under me in a big chair. I am shocked that I didn't see this before. It just makes me smile to my self.

LaurenMar
07-01-2005, 06:13 AM
I commute each day to work and I have also seen many men with legs wide apart. Siting with your legs that way can mean someone is relaxed or that they are submissive?

I sit with my legs together or crossed. I'm obviously not manly enough (Thank God!) or submissive enough to sit any other way.

Lauren

XXX

Clare
07-01-2005, 06:44 AM
Hey Girls, I'm baaaaack!

Yes i find myself crossing my legs and indeed my posture is becoming more femme. Have you noticed how GG's sit with a straight back whilst men slouch?

Although my physio says i need to take care of my (aging) body, I guess i'm also trying to amend my posture to be more femminine in action and style, especially when i am dressed of course!

Christine

emmicd
07-01-2005, 07:28 AM
I tend to sit more like a girl too! I am in good company. Matter of fact I probabaly even walk like a girl too! It's just part of my makeup. God made me this way. What can I say.

Emmi

uknowhoo
07-01-2005, 07:54 AM
I do sit w/ankles crossed on occasion, but sitting w/legs crossed is just so uncomfortable for me, I never do it. Oddly enough, my wife says she loves seeing guys seated w/ legs crossed. Usually though she is really turned off by guys w/feminine appearance/movement. A pony tail on a guys, for example makes her gag.

JoAnnDallas
07-01-2005, 09:35 AM
I sit with my legs crossed and also with my back strieght, but I'm ex military, so sitting up is normal for me. LOL.

A couple of xmas's ago, My brother-in-law, nephew got into a freindly argument and I got funny and intercieded, telling them, "OK girls stop your fighting". Well my brother-in-law stared at me and then in the purest gay manner started in on me. Next thing you know all three of us are talking girl trash, walking around and acting like drag queens. Our wifes started rolling thier eyes, everyone else started laughing and we just contiuned on acting. My sister then said something like "Ok you perverts, enough is enough". My mother to my suprise told her, "Oh, let them be, it's really funny". We comed down after a while and then all three of us Laughed and Laughed and Laughed. Later on the way home, my wife commented on how well I and my brother-in-law did en femm. secrectly I was pleasure to all get out.

Christine1960
07-02-2005, 09:20 PM
I never thought about it until a few years ago, but I have realized that I have many, many feminine gestures and mannerisms. I thought everyone, (males included) sat with their ankles crossed often, until reading this thread. :eek: I know I have and never given it a second thought.

Furthermore, I had never seen a video tape of myself walking in male mode until several years ago but when viewing it, I could have been a girl in guy mode. I just couldn’t believe how girly I moved. :p

Nobody has ever said anything to me about my feminine mannerism even my father who let me know when I was very young and that crossdressing was not going to be tolerated. But girly mannerisms were okey or what could he or anybody say, “don’t act, sit or move that way.” Which other way could I be but the way I am. :)

ronna
07-02-2005, 09:28 PM
I sometimes make a consious effort to sit in a way that is neither masculine nor feminine, don't spread the legs or cross them one foot up on the other knee, but not crossed at the knees or ankles either, just the knees together and ankles usually touching too, I find it sort of a "proper" way to sit in mixed company, and it reminds me of my tendencies but doesn't make it too obvious (I don't think).
I can't sit that way comfortably for long periods so I have to shift around, but I usually return to that pose because it suits me!