PDA

View Full Version : Finding Balance

RobertaM
04-18-2009, 02:16 AM
For those who have been following the adventures of Roberta's 90 day fast track to success project, time for a reality check and update.

In the last 3 weeks i have done mac makeover, shopping in busy mall, goneout wig shopping, met with support group, trying to expand my cd social network.

The pink fog doesnt seem to lift. I am worried that i am getting obsessed with it. Thinking about it too much. Planning my life around my next dressing adventures seems to be what i am focused on. I was out last saturday shopping, feeling top of the world, driving with excellent music on, a big happy shit eating grin on my face. A from the soul - happy face. I had to stop the car I actually had a bit of cry.

I guess this is no different then focusing on hobby's right? I used to be in a semi-pro internet clan based gaming league and spent 4-6 hours gaming daily. I dress much less than that.

The SO seems happy, a least with my mental attitude. tolerant for now I guess.

Maybe I am a bit confused where this will all lead. A bit guilty still with my dressing and my male female balance. I dont know. HOW DO YOU FIND BALANCE?

Thanx for listening , HUGS all around.

Persephone
04-18-2009, 02:36 AM
Maybe I am a bit confused where this will all lead. A bit guilty still with my dressing and my male female balance. I dont know. HOW DO YOU FIND BALANCE?

Thanx for listening , HUGS all around.

I suspect that balance is an individual thing, Roberta.

I enjoy being my feminine self 24/7 although I dress and go out far less than that. But meanwhile, regardless of outward presentation, I am an active homemaker involved in community service activities, religious activities, friends, family, hobbies, visiting here, and, most importantly, time (en femme or en drab) with my spouse.

Maybe the balance is really integration of your feminine side into all that you do?

Your picture is great! You look good! It is a little hard to tell - are the dark areas above your eyes actually your eyebrows? Or some shadow created by something outside of the picture?

linnea
04-18-2009, 07:00 AM
Sometimes I wonder about balance too, but usually I just try to let it happen. It's not easy though.

Jodi
04-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Roberta, May I recommend that you do a major thinning on your eyebrows. It will do wonders for your overall look.

Jodi

RobertaM
04-19-2009, 09:26 PM
yep, #1 on the list. Other feedback exactly like yours. doing a few hairs every day. thanx for the reality check.

If i could I would spray raid on those damm fuzzy caterpiller on my face. arrrgh.

Karren H
04-19-2009, 09:33 PM
I'll email you my tweezers!!! :)

CD Susan
04-19-2009, 09:40 PM
I don't concern myself with balance very much. My dressing is close to 24/7 and I still manage to find time for the guy mode things in my life. I am single and live alone so am free to do as I please without feeling guilty about not devoting time to someone else. I live a happy go lucky life.

Jessica Who
04-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Honestly, I wish I knew an easy way to find balance. It's always been something that I've struggled with.

KarenS
04-20-2009, 01:45 AM
I have difficulty finding balance also. Not just dressing up but also shopping. :D

crusadergirl
04-20-2009, 02:13 AM
i believe you need balance in your life finding it may not be so easy though.

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-20-2009, 03:04 AM
I used to be in a semi-pro internet clan based gaming league and spent 4-6 hours gaming daily. I dress much less than that.

There are some people who might consider that to be obsessive gaming behavior. And you're worried about your cding because... why, exactly?

The SO seems happy, a least with my mental attitude. tolerant for now I guess.

This sounds very good to me. I'm not sure what you're worried about.

I don't think you're confused at all. Not about your cding anyway. The only confusion I see in you is that for some reason you've chosen to feel guilty about your cding. That confuses me since your cding seems to be going great, your SO is supportive, AND you're having a lot of fun in your life right now, if I read you correctly.

Why the guilty feeling? Did you ever feel guilty about your gaming? If not, then why about cding?

If you're having fun in your life and your still taking care of business (job, bills, SO's needs, etc.), I'd say you've already found your balance. There is nothing to be worried about.

Relax, Roberta. Allow yourself to enjoy your life WITHOUT the unnecessary feelings of guilt. Unless you're leaving something significant out of this, I can't see any reason for you to be feeling guilty. :)

Christina Horton
06-05-2009, 11:44 PM
I think she has found balance . I have meet and gone shopping and diner with her twice and I think she is a well balanced girl.We have been working of her makeup and hair , walk e.t.c. all the things girls need to know. She has said that I have beaten the manliness out of her. She also has a small problem of getting her mind set into girl mode. Hummmmm I might wright a thread about that. She is doing better her look is gelling and we are on our way. Good luck Hun and see you next time. Huggs

Rebecca Jackson
06-06-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm struggling with the balance issue myself. What seems to be a good balance today might not seem quite as balanced in a day or a week from now. The balance seems to be always shifting, which makes it a challenge.