PDA

View Full Version : Happy...sort of

KimberlyJo
04-18-2009, 11:50 PM
So I just wanted to share because I'm a little confused and not sure what to make of this.

My SO and I were sitting around on the couch this morning talking about what we wanted to do today (while I was painting her nails) and I mentioned to her that I really wanted us to go to the store and buy some new makeup. Mind you, she hasn't really reached "acceptance" or anything so I wasn't sure how she'd react but she was pretty enthusiastic about it. She's really been wanting some silver nail polish. And yes, I was clear with her that I wanted some makeup too.

She was great in the store too, cuz when I started feeling a little too exposed she would grab the items that I told her I wanted so I didn't have to be embarrassed. I think from now on I'm not going to let myself get so embarrassed because it kind of ruined what would have otherwise been a really fun time. I wish I could just go out dressed...I think I'd actually feel less exposed.

Anyway, I think she is starting to come around a little bit to the idea of my dressing and that makes me really happy. But I still have to restrain my enthusiasm a bit around her because I never really know how she'll react. Has anyone had similar experiences with their SO?

AshleyCDFL
04-19-2009, 12:01 AM
I think you just have to remember to keep it toned down a bit at times, don't overwhelm her with your cd'ing. The fact that she helped you out so much says a lot! Be thankful! I have a very accepting wife, it works out great because we always go shopping together so we help each other pick out stuff. It does get to the point though where she's like "you've got enough makeup, you don't need anymore!" But oh I want that eyeshadow so bad.... Just keep in mind that sometimes its all about her and that's ok.

Shelly67
04-19-2009, 03:57 AM
Ashleys bang on with her advice . Its too easy to get excited and sometimes not see we,re becoming over bearing . As a small gesture when I buy something alone or with my wife beside me out , or online , I try to obtain something for her too . I try to share the experience gently ........

Joanne f
04-19-2009, 05:20 AM
You are doing what we all have no doubt done , expecting to much to quickly, it`s more a question of opening the stable door and just smelling the air and not bolting like a horse.

tricia_uktv
04-19-2009, 06:10 AM
Yes, the girls are right. Time and patience are needed but thats a good start. Make sure you don't ross her boundries though!

Teri Jean
04-19-2009, 06:54 AM
You may be right and as the others have said go slow and keep her involved. She may suprise you with a gift that she finds you would like on her own. The other side is always show her your love and make her special, a nite out ,walk in the park or just doing something for her without being asked. Afterall we girls like to be pampered also.

Keli

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-19-2009, 07:10 AM
...But I still have to restrain my enthusiasm a bit around her because I never really know how she'll react. Has anyone had similar experiences with their SO?

Yes.

My wife was very accepting when I came out to her last year. We've both had a great time exploring Gabrielle and how she fits into our marriage. It actually made our already good marriage even better.

As accepting and encouraging as she's been, I do overwhelm her with it. It's something that I like to talk about... a lot. That seems to get on her nerves after a while. I have to really try to catch myself before jumping into conversations about my favorite activity all the time.

All things have their balance. As your wife warms up to your cding, it is probably wise to restrain your enthusiasm as you have been. Let her get comfortable on her own. Keep monitoring her comfort level with things and let that guide how much excitement or enthusiasm you show. In time, you'll figure out where your balance is when things plateau off. It may not be where you want things to be, but you can always work at it.

I'd say you're doing very well and things will probably continue to get better. The feeling should be happy, not confused. :)