PDA

View Full Version : Girls' night out

Claire Cook
04-19-2009, 06:57 AM
Sorry for the longish post but I wanted to share what happened last night.

While I dress at home for a bit everyday, it's been a while since I'd been out. This week will be a stressful one at work, so I really felt the need for a girls' night out. My wife was in California, due to fly back last last night. So ... I called up a long time GG friend from work who's had dinner who's dined with "the girls" at our apt. and asked if she she'd be up for a girls' night out. She'd not been out with me but happily agreed -- she was up for a stressful week as well. She lives about six blocks from me, so I thought I'd walk to her place and we'd go from there.

So .. slacks, sandals, clingy top, and a bit of makeup and off I go . Into the elevator (we're on the 25th floor) and several others joined on the way down. Nice chats (one gent said "Good morning!" -- at 6:30 PM! Maybe I flustered him??) When we reached the lobby I flashed him a big smile and wished him the best of rest of the morning.... through the lobby, a wave and a smile to our receptionist, and out I go. Lovely walk to Gisele's place. She was going to meet me outside -- but I had to wave to get her attention -- even though she's seen me dressed, she didn't recognize me! After we hugged, she said "You really look great!" -- that of course made my night. We walked six or seven blocks to an Oriental restaurant and had a wonderful dinner. Lots of talk, a few giggles, and totally relaxed. It's true that I smile a LOT more when I'm me, and people smile back in return! The waitress certainly did. At one point G. noted that I was much less uptight than I usually am. This brings up a point from other threads in the Forum: I find it easier -- and much more fun -- to talk with GG friends when I'm dressed. On the way back to her apt. I complained about my clip-on earrings hurting. "You really should get your ears pierced." Yes I should!

OK, now I have to pick Sue up at the airport. I told her that Claire might be picking her up. I was certainly in no mood to change, but I did exchange the slacks for a thigh-length skirt (it was such a warm night!). So off to Washington National. She was waiting in the baggage claim area. We were about to kiss on the lips when we both sort off held off. In the car we made up for that and she said, "Well, I didn't want anyone to think we were Lesbians!".

So now I am set for the week!

Phyliss
04-19-2009, 07:20 AM
Claire says:

" We were about to kiss on the lips when we both sort off held off. In the car we made up for that and she said, "Well, I didn't want anyone to think we were Lesbians!".

How very awkward in a fun way

Claire Cook
04-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Claire says:

" We were about to kiss on the lips when we both sort off held off. In the car we made up for that and she said, "Well, I didn't want anyone to think we were Lesbians!".

How very awkward in a fun way

Yes it was -- first time we'd been in that situation....

tricia_uktv
04-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Great fun, glad you had a lovely time. Now, about those ear piercings - go for it. It doesn't hurt I promose,

Hugs,

Auntie Tricia

Claire Cook
04-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Thanks Tricia -- Maybe my next birthday present to myself?

paulaN
04-19-2009, 02:36 PM
That sounds like a great outing. Good for you. I envy the fact that you have an accpting wife too. And get those ears done, you won't regret it.

boardpuppy
04-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Lets here it for peareing those ears...In reality I don't have the nearve yet myself and would never hear the end of it. I'm every glad you had a good time.

Hugs,
Alice