PDA

View Full Version : Been Away, Been Thinking

Toni_Lynn
04-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Hi All

I haven't been active here for about a month. Not because of any bad things in my life or crossdressing, or a purge or anything. I have been sooooo busy. Working for what is now one of the largest banks in the USA, and one that is doing well and not bleeding red ink, my work has been so busy given the fat that we have taken over a competitor. In fact, I have been told by my boss that I am in the proverbial cat-bird's seat in as much as where I fit in to things. Another manager has told me that I am one person who need not worry about job security (or insecurity as the case may be).

Things with my wife are grand! Everyday is a new and wonderful experience that deepens our love. Her acceptance of my crossdressing also grows and deepens.

There is one place where it has gotten very interesting though. If you look over there <---- you will see my picture in my avatar. Yes, it is me, but from maybe 15 years ago. Since that time I have gained weight and lost weight in a horrid yo-yo. Over the last several, I did gain, so that pic is not representative of what I look like now. But -- I made it a goal to lose again.

The thing there is that I have to use my crossdressing as a motivation. I did this before, and it was always because -- and this is the crux of it all -- I want to see me! I want to meet me, hold me and hug me, I want to get to know me, I want to see me in the mirror -- and that me is a girl. I thought that before when I would lose weight I'd see her and meet her if I I had a makeover/ dress-up session done. Unfortunately, the one at Wildside in Toronto was too fetishistic -- and the girl that I saw wasn't me, and the one that I had done in New York was just not who I was. Even the girl that I appear as in my avatar isn't me, but she is the closest I have ever come to meeting her.

No, I want to see the real me, as if I had been born a girl and that all of my crossdressing wasn't there at all. I need to meet that person.

Who is she? Hmm -- well, she's incredibly average. She's not a head turner. She just is. You wouldn't notice her at grocers or if you passed her on the street. I saw a GG the other day as walked to the parking garage - denim skirt, black tights, light blue blouse, flat shoes, shoulder length hair. She was totally average in dress and look. That is who I want to be.

I want to be able to get dressed en femme, and go for groceries and just totally blend in.

I told my wife this and she understands it. She knows that it doesn't mean that I want to change sex as it where. She knows that its a comfort thing with me.

Its like this -- I know that there is this girl inside me -- and I want to give life to her.

The difference this time, as opposed to before, is that I have my wife supporting me. She wants me to be happy. She knows that by me feeling this way, its not making me less of man or husband to her -- that will never waiver. She knows that I won't embarrass her -- that she is the girl who come first in my life.

I know that I will never weigh 125 lbs/ 55 kg. I know I'll never look like some hot chick. I don't want to. I just want to look like me. I hope that this time, I will.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-19-2009, 01:19 PM
...But -- I made it a goal to lose again... I know that I will never weigh 125 lbs/ 55 kg. I know I'll never look like some hot chick. I don't want to. I just want to look like me. I hope that this time, I will.

I do want to look like some hot chick! :) I may not be able to pull that look off, but I REALLY wish I could!

We've all got our desires. Seems to me that you simply desire to loose some weight and get back in shape so as to give your feminine side a better female body. In doing so, I'm sure you'll also enjoy the benefits of being healthier.

I'm going to offer you a neat little trick on curbing your appetite while not feeling like your starving. I recently wrote about it on myCDlife.com (http://www.mycdlife.com/2009/04/reducing-calorie-intake-without-feeling-as-hungry) - just click that link to learn my technique. It may or may not work for you, but it is something to consider.

Good luck on your goals. It takes work and discipline, but I know you'll achieve them if you want to. :)

Jolene
04-19-2009, 01:19 PM
We have to be ourselves and do the best we can. :)
It would be so nice to just leave the house and go out dressed as I please. So many nice clothes but the way the world is it will never happen.

curse within
04-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Beauty is only found in the eyes of the beholder....The beauty inside is greater than the outside...Be happy with yourself ,seems to me you are your biggest critic..

Persephone
04-20-2009, 01:38 AM
I want to meet me, hold me and hug me, I want to get to know me, I want to see me in the mirror -- and that me is a girl. . .

No, I want to see the real me, as if I had been born a girl and that all of my crossdressing wasn't there at all. I need to meet that person.

Toni-Lynn

Wow! Brilliant! Insightful! Currently giving you a standing ovation!

I believe I lost 50 pounds and joined an all-women exercise center precisely for the reason you explain, without having expressed it as clearly as you did. And, for me, it worked! The woman in the mirror IS me! And it is wonderful!

O.K., in the last few months I've gained back a bit, but I'm starting back on the trail again and for the very reason you describe -- because now that I've really met me, I really like me!

Thanks for a great post, Toni-Lyn! Here's to your goal! :ms:

RobertaM
04-20-2009, 01:50 AM
wow, great post. Three things come to mind that i would like to comment on.
1. You are exploring and challenging your cd balance , good on you gurl
2. You are a successful professional with a special secret. lol I can relate.
3. You are balancing cd with your SO and sucessfully, well done
4. You are a Canuck successful in international business ya baby , Ive spend way too much time working in LA.
Hugs....
ciao roberta.

Leanne2
04-20-2009, 05:54 AM
Do we allow bankers here? Will lawyers be next? Republicans? Where will it end? Hee hee; just kidding. Leanne

Marshchild
04-20-2009, 08:47 AM
Nice to see you back; I was wondering where you'd gotten to. I found your reflections on your desire to see the girl you really are interesting, as they reminded me of a science fiction-style experiment I'd love to be able to conduct if it were at all possible (and if I was utterly untroubled by ethical considerations). In this experiment, I'd create a clone of myself, the only crucial difference between myself and said clone being that she'd have my father's X-chromosome, instead of his Y - the one that I, of course, inherited. (In other words, she'd arguably be the closest thing to a female version of me, given that all but one of our chromosomes would be identical.) Of course, there'd probably be no shortage of technical problems that'd make this experiment impossible to carry out in practice (and, as I alluded above, it's ethically rather um... "dubious", to put it mildly), but you've got to admit, if nothing else, it makes for a fascinating mental exercise! I wonder what she'd be like...

Karren H
04-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Welcome back!!! So the new administration hasn't decided that banks are evil like coal mining is.... Yet? Lol. Glad your back and doing good... Get out those skates and I'll meet you at the rink... Work off some of that weight!! I could stand to loose a few more pounds too!

Toni_Lynn
04-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Get out those skates and I'll meet you at the rink... Work off some of that weight!! I could stand to loose a few more pounds too!

Hmm...I'd have to warn you that I shoot like a girl. :-) ... and if you've seen some of girls hockey in the white north you'll know that this isn't a bad thing.

Damn .. I wish I had a Canadian Womens Team jersey with Hayley Wikenheiser's name and number on it! She's my tomboy idol - well one of many!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Karren H
04-20-2009, 10:53 AM
My shot isn't that great either but if I float around the net long enough I'll either tip one in or screen the goalie enough that someone with a good shot will score!! And I don't know about the great white north country... Since the US women kicked the Canadian women's ass's last week!!

Christina Horton
04-20-2009, 11:44 AM
And I don't know about the great white north country... Since the US women kicked the Canadian women's ass's last week!!

Kerren For a Canadian dems fighting work varment.

Leslie Langford
04-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Those gals are just lulling your women's team into a false sense of security, and the next time they meet, our gals will blind-side them and open up such a can of whoop-a$$ on them, they won't know what hit them :tongueout.

Wouldn't be the first time either. Enjoy it while you can, cuz the day of reckoning will soon be upon you again. As the old Italian saying goes, revenge is a meal best eaten cold :eek: