PDA

View Full Version : Adam's Apple

Shikyo
04-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Since I got a choker from my wife as a present, I've been using it non-stop for the past few days. I really like it, that's not the problem. The problem is the freaking Adam's apple that seems to get into the way of the choker occasionally. Sometimes it can be rather painful, but usually on slight discomfort for a short time.

So my question is: Is there anything one can do against the apple, so that it would become softer or even smaller without any surgery? So far I've never had a problem with my adam's apple, just because it's not that easy to spot unless one really looks for one or one looks at the right angle. Only the discomfort caused by the choker is getting me so annoyed, that I wish I could just rip it of or move it out of the way. I doubt that's possible though.

P.S. Anyone else here who just loves the feeling of a choker on their own neck?

EDIT: Crap, totally wrong section. Can a mod move to this to a better place?

Carole Cross
04-20-2009, 12:39 PM
I suppose I am lucky in that my asams apple doesn't show and I can wear a chocker with no discomfort at all. I do like wearing a chocker, but the omly problem is actually getting it on in the first place.
My fingers are quite big and I have trouble opening the hook to put the choker, or any other short necklace on. It can be a bit frustrating at times but I am getting a little better at it, but I just wish I had smaller hands.

Shikyo
04-20-2009, 01:21 PM
I suppose I am lucky in that my asams apple doesn't show and I can wear a chocker with no discomfort at all. I do like wearing a chocker, but the omly problem is actually getting it on in the first place.
My fingers are quite big and I have trouble opening the hook to put the choker, or any other short necklace on. It can be a bit frustrating at times but I am getting a little better at it, but I just wish I had smaller hands.

Yeah, at least I think you are lucky. I mean it's not that big of a problem or anything, but occasionally it just gets on the way like when I yawn I can clearly feel the adam's apple getting pressured by the choker I'm wearing. It's not enough to make me stop wearing them, for that one would need a lot more pain to get me stop it. I like them way too much for that.

I got no trouble getting them on, I have small hands and fingers. Plus I've always liked to wear necklaces so I have had lots of exercise in that sense. The more you put them on, the easier it gets.

Karen564
04-20-2009, 02:27 PM
So my question is: Is there anything one can do against the apple, so that it would become softer or even smaller without any surgery? So far I've never had a problem with my adam's apple, just because it's not that easy to spot unless one really looks for one or one looks at the right angle. Only the discomfort caused by the choker is getting me so annoyed, that I wish I could just rip it of or move it out of the way. I doubt that's possible though.

P.S. Anyone else here who just loves the feeling of a choker on their own neck?

Kitty,
To answer your question, No, I dont think there's any way to reduce the adams apple without surgery, but if you gain some wieght it may show less or not at all, it usually shows up more on lean people if theirs are large to begin with, rather than people that have gained weight which gets lost when the neck size increases...
But some people just dont have much of one to begin with, mine never showed when I had a long & skinny neck when I was younger, but I ruined that after I took up body building, which increased my neck size up to 17"+ , so I couldn't wear most chokers, because they were usually made for a 14" - 15" necks or smaller..

Today, after years of HRT, my neck has reduced in size some, but not back down to the way it was when I was younger, and if I press hard against my throat, I can feel a small adams apple in there..but no, I haven't tried a choker in years, because I like necklaces much better anyways..

The strange thing is, when I was younger, I was made fun of for having a girls neck & no adams apple by the boys, (funny how some notice these things) & that made me self conscious about it, along with my puffy areolas, (which just added to the confusion of what I was supposed to be all along) so I couldn't wait to get older and work out, figuring that would FIX me, so after years of doing so, I had a neck that was much larger & extremely strong, but after I achieved that, I was looking at my body in a full length mirror in the nude one day, and by this time I was married, I came to the realisation that I was ruining by body by making it way too male looking, yet still having my female brain & thoughts, and my chances of ever having a body of a female was disappearing for ever and that frightened me so much, so I stopped bodybuilding immediately, and that was many years ago now..If I had only left things alone way back, it wouldn't of been so hard to get the body of a female that I'm trying to get back today.

Shikyo
04-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Kitty,
To answer your question, No, I dont think there's any way to reduce the adams apple without surgery, but if you gain some wieght it may show less or not at all, it usually shows up more on lean people if theirs are large to begin with, rather than people that have gained weight which gets lost when the neck size increases...

I'm still on my way to lose weight there is no way in hell that I'd start gaining some weight again. If I do, I can't wear all the nice clothes I'm planning to wear the moment my weight/looks is going to look nice with them. Until then it's getting rid of all the excess weight I have.

But some people just dont have much of one to begin with, mine never showed when I had a long & skinny neck when I was younger, but I ruined that after I took up body building, which increased my neck size up to 17"+ , so I couldn't wear most chokers, because they were usually made for a 14" - 15" necks or smaller..

Mines is not that big or anything, it just happens to hit nicely with the Adam's Apple every once in a while. The more I've been wearing this choker the less it seems to be happening though. Maybe it'll just disappear on its own, I wish.
My throat is rather small as well, after a short measurement with a tape measure. It seems to be around 33cm, which should be rather exactly 13 inches. Never had a problem putting on a choker and with your statement it seems I'll never have.

Today, after years of HRT, my neck has reduced in size some, but not back down to the way it was when I was younger, and if I press hard against my throat, I can feel a small adams apple in there..but no, I haven't tried a choker in years, because I like necklaces much better anyways..

Has the Adam's Apple itself gotten any smaller or has the size stayed exactly the same? It would be nice it the HRT would make it slightly smaller or something or make the shape little more round or something similar.

Karen564
04-20-2009, 05:50 PM
I'm still on my way to lose weight there is no way in hell that I'd start gaining some weight again. If I do, I can't wear all the nice clothes I'm planning to wear the moment my weight/looks is going to look nice with them. Until then it's getting rid of all the excess weight I have. .
Well, I hear you there, the last thing I would want to do is gain weight again too.. I was just saying that's the only way I know how for it not to show, that's all..

Mines is not that big or anything, it just happens to hit nicely with the Adam's Apple every once in a while. The more I've been wearing this choker the less it seems to be happening though. Maybe it'll just disappear on its own, I wish.
My throat is rather small as well, after a short measurement with a tape measure. It seems to be around 33cm, which should be rather exactly 13 inches. Never had a problem putting on a choker and with your statement it seems I'll never have.
I kinda figured your adams apple wasn't big but seemed bothersome, but it wont change by wearing a choker, or should I say I never heard of such a thing, but what may be happening is your just getting used to that choker the more you wear it, so after a while you dont even notice it..
By you having a 13" neck is great, and that falls more into the female range I think, I'm not sure what the common female neck size is, but I think it's about 12" or so, but of course age matters there too..and not all women have tiny necks.

And I just measured my neck out of curiosity, and it's just shy of 14 1/2" now, so that shows me that my neck has gotten much smaller compared to the size it had gained when working out..

Has the Adam's Apple itself gotten any smaller or has the size stayed exactly the same? It would be nice it the HRT would make it slightly smaller or something or make the shape little more round or something similar
For me, if anything, it feels harder or bigger now, compared to when I was younger, because back then I couldn't even feel it at all..so I didn't even think I had one, but I think what it was, when I was young, it was soft & as I got older it toughened up & got hard..

And No, HRT will not diminish the size of the adams apple no matter how long your on it, just as it wont change the size of your nose, ears, jaw or forehead, pelvis, hands, feet, etc.., and the only way to alter it is by surgery, because what's done is done..and is why reducing the adams apple is a common surgical procedure for the mtf TS to have done.

Shikyo
04-21-2009, 01:57 AM
Well, I hear you there, the last thing I would want to do is gain weight again too.. I was just saying that's the only way I know how for it not to show, that's all..

Sadly, why can't we just get "partially" fat around the neck to make all nice and comfortable, but I guess I'm just asking for too much here am I not? Oh well, nothing on this range I can do about as I want to lose some weight, I still have way too much weight.

I kinda figured your adams apple wasn't big but seemed bothersome, but it wont change by wearing a choker, or should I say I never heard of such a thing, but what may be happening is your just getting used to that choker the more you wear it, so after a while you dont even notice it..
By you having a 13" neck is great, and that falls more into the female range I think, I'm not sure what the common female neck size is, but I think it's about 12" or so, but of course age matters there too..and not all women have tiny necks.

Maybe it's hard to describe though. As the first day I was wearing it, my throat was still feeling kinda yacky I could feel all the slime and other stuff there, no pain though. So maybe that had something to do why the chocker felt the strange when I first wore it for so long. Now I basically have no trouble at all of using the choker, it's getting harder and harder to make it hit the adam's apple in a way that would be uncomfortable, so maybe it really is getting used to getting hit by the choker or something else. Anyway it has gotten much better in these few days and it seems like it will be getting better the more I wear it. I'm very grateful for that.
I got a very small head, so the neck kinda has to be rather small as well. But the small body size kinda comes along with my body physics, my hands, my feet are also small. Basically only my weight and height are the only ones that are totally out of it, weight I can at least change but there's nothing I can do about my height. I can't chop of a little of my torso or legs, can I?

And I just measured my neck out of curiosity, and it's just shy of 14 1/2" now, so that shows me that my neck has gotten much smaller compared to the size it had gained when working out..

If I recall correctly, you've been on HRT much longer than I have, so my throat my also shrink a lot. I never measured it before this day, but I guess it might also shrink a little bit the longer I keep taking the medication.

For me, if anything, it feels harder or bigger now, compared to when I was younger, because back then I couldn't even feel it at all..so I didn't even think I had one, but I think what it was, when I was young, it was soft & as I got older it toughened up & got hard..

That's what I've read about it as well. It is supposed to get bigger and harder with the age.

And No, HRT will not diminish the size of the adams apple no matter how long your on it, just as it wont change the size of your nose, ears, jaw or forehead, pelvis, hands, feet, etc.., and the only way to alter it is by surgery, because what's done is done..and is why reducing the adams apple is a common surgical procedure for the mtf TS to have done.

My logic tells me that's true, but there is that little senseless thing called hope inside my brain that just doesn't want to believe what my brain says to it. All in all, I know it's not possible, but still somehow I can wish for it to become true, even though I know exactly nothing ain't going to be changing there. My brains an idiot, you know.

Kaitlyn Michele
04-21-2009, 07:12 AM
i always used to think that my lack of a prominent "adam's apple" was on the plus side...but iwasnt thinking of my weight and as i've lost weight every part of me has become more passable except my adams apple, which is now sticking out..

So i'm getting it shaved down a bit by surgery....if you are not looking at a surgical option i'm not aware of anything that's truly helpful except a choker and/or really good contouring with makeup to downplay it a bit

Shikyo
04-21-2009, 07:38 AM
So i'm getting it shaved down a bit by surgery....if you are not looking at a surgical option i'm not aware of anything that's truly helpful except a choker and/or really good contouring with makeup to downplay it a bit

You understood it wrong, I'm not trying to avoid the surgery I might have it done later on but at this point it's not a choice. I don't care about it being visible neither, but it was more so about the uncomfortable feeling it gives with the choker I use occasionally. In the end one can't see my adam's apple unless one looks for it, but I can feel it myself with the choker with ease which is what annoys me.