PDA

View Full Version : hating Hating HATING Family

Kristopher
04-20-2009, 03:09 PM
So this weekend my sister got married. I wore a nice dress shirt, pants, dress shoes, and belt. Now most of my family does not know that I am trans or have a girlfriend (as they still see me as a girl so that would make me a lesbian). Anyways the whole thing was awkward and I overheard my uncle talking to his kids about me. Long story short the wedding was miserable and my girlfriend was getting irritated all because my mother couldn't just be a big girl and tell her family that I am lesbian (as she does not know I am trans) and introduced my girlfriend as such. She helped out with my nieces because they love her so everyone just assumed she was the babysitter.

I dealt with this all by getting completely hammered and my girlfriend had to drive us both home from the wedding, presents and all. Getting madder by the minute. I am pretty sure I puked or I would have had alcohol poisoning. I was hungover all of sunday.

The only good thing is my sibling treated me as a guy and see me as their little brother.

Now I am stuck with a pissed off girlfriend, a ton of homework, a ton of work hours, and hate my life. It just does not seem to get any easier.

4serrus
04-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Sounds like you could use a good scream.

Ze
04-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Sorry to hear that, Kris. I've only gone to a handful of weddings (some family, some not), but I've been miserable at all of them, always due to family, friends, or loved ones acting like morons.

Hopefully your lady will come around and understand your grief (though I always have to caution about over-drinking, regardless :hugs: ). Does she know you're trans?

Was your uncle doing once of those, "Make sure you don't turn into her" things? I've had that done to me. Being a black sheep sucks. :hugs: Heaven forbid the youngins turn into somebody with a secure sense of identity.

Thornton
04-20-2009, 06:01 PM
wait, your girlfriend doesnt know you're trans, or, your family thinks your're a straight female? or both?

DanielMacBride
04-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Oh man, sorry to hear about this Kristopher :( Family can be horrible at times, especially if they don't know you're trans. I have to agree with Ze though about the over-drinking, take it from someone who knows and has been there, it doesn't help anything and the fallout can often make things worse. I hope you and your girlfriend get a chance to sit down and really talk this out - maybe she will appreciate a chance to articulate her feelings about the wedding, and it sounds like you need to tell her about how it affected you too. And I think it sounds like it might be time to come out to a few people if it is affecting you so much...whatever you do though I hope you work it all out and that things settle down for you! :hugs: