PDA

View Full Version : My Husband Betty

Jilmac
04-20-2009, 06:41 PM
This is probably the best experience I've had so far since I came out of the closet. On April 18 I got to meet Helen Boyd and her husband Betty, live and in person, at a question and answer session in Milwaukee. One of the members of The Gemini Gender Group arranged to have them come to an open forum which was held at her church. My best girlfriend Gale (formerly Rexy), attended with me.

It was wonderful being able to talk to them about thier lives and sharing our own stories with them. They are such down to earth people and a loving couple. We truly need more people like Helen and Betty to tell the world that we are normal people who want nothing more that to be ourselves without being judged.:)

Sara Jessica
04-20-2009, 07:28 PM
I would love to someday have the opportunity to meet them. I've read "She's Not The Man I Married" and participate a bit on their site as well.

indigo.asia.s
04-20-2009, 07:29 PM
That rocks!! I'm in the middle of it right now.
So far, it is absolutely amazing.

rexy
04-20-2009, 08:59 PM
I have to agree with Jill to meet someone like Helen and Betty seemed almost surreal. IT was one the best times I HAVE HAD AS GALE (REXY ):):)

Michelle S
04-20-2009, 09:20 PM
I got to hear them speak at the Be-All in Chicago a couple of years ago. They are very impressive.

kristinacd55
04-21-2009, 08:32 AM
This is probably the best experience I've had so far since I came out of the closet. On April 18 I got to meet Helen Boyd and her husband Betty, live and in person, at a question and answer session in Milwaukee. One of the members of The Gemini Gender Group arranged to have them come to an open forum which was held at her church. My best girlfriend Gale (formerly Rexy), attended with me.

It was wonderful being able to talk to them about thier lives and sharing our own stories with them. They are such down to earth people and a loving couple. We truly need more people like Helen and Betty to tell the world that we are normal people who want nothing more that to be ourselves without being judged.:)

I think Helen is speaking in the Philly area in the beginning of May, I'd love to go hear/see her. Read the first book & loved it. Sounds like you had a great time!

Sarah_GG
04-21-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm reading MHB and can't put it down! I think it's a 'must' for every CDing household and have just ordered the follow-up.

Very enlightening, particularly in the boudoir department :battingeyelashes: with some useful guidance and valuable insight.

Carol A
04-21-2009, 10:19 AM
The wife and I had the chance to meet both people at a Tri-Ess meeting. Look Helen is a real doll and she kind of took my wife under her wing for two days to help her understand crossdressing. Betty is so full of life she is a joy. :love:

Laura Evans
04-21-2009, 10:39 AM
I have not heard of this couple but they sound fantastic from the comments I read here. Books were mentioned, what are the titles and where can I get a copy?

SherylynJade
04-21-2009, 11:14 AM
The books are:
My Husband Betty- By Helen Boyd
and
She's Not the Man I Married- By Helen Boyd

I got both of mine at Borders, but I'm sure Amazon has them and I've seen them at Barnes and Noble

Renee64
04-21-2009, 11:43 AM
I am currenly reading "My Husband Betty" it open my eyes alot to thinking about how it affects my ex-wifes. This should be requied reading for all of us. thank you Helen & Betty Boyd

Jessica Who
04-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Wow what a great opportunity! After I read that book, I felt so much better about myself

KimberlyJo
04-21-2009, 12:38 PM
I've got My Husband Betty on my Amazon wish list...as soon as I finish Crossdressing With Dignity by Peggy J. Rudd, Ed.D I'm going to pick it up :)