PDA

View Full Version : The inlaws are coming

Maxi
04-20-2009, 09:25 PM
We have a baby due in a few months, and her parents are planning on coming out here to spend a couple of week with us, to help with the baby. Now I have slept enfemed for many years now, and brought up the question of what should I wear to bed with her parents here? She said her mom would not care, but dad might have a problem with it. What would be as comfortable as a slip, and still be manly? I guess when they come, I need to put away the girley clothes till they leave, as I know they will be in the bedroom with my wife, and our baby.

Karren H
04-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Wear what ever will make them happiest and do not... I repeat DO NOT ruin the grandparants experience for them!! Your needs are secondary to theirs since they are visiting, imho... And I would hate to wreck the relationship between your new one and his or her grandparents before they actually got to know eachother....

Teri Jean
04-20-2009, 09:38 PM
I have to agree with Karren and do whatever will make their stay comfortable. Normally I would say "it's your house etc etc" but this is something you need to walk softly on and if you like wear some panties under a set of sport shorts or boxers. But by all means don't make them uncomfortable now. Later??????? maybe but then you will know when the time is right. Congradulations on the newest member of the family. Huggs to you and the wife. Keli

Charleen
04-20-2009, 09:44 PM
What, you don't own a robe? LOL! Beside, how ae they going to know what you are sleeping in?

Maxi
04-20-2009, 09:56 PM
I am sure the baby will be in the bed with the wife, and her parents are coming to help her with the baby. I sleep in the same bed, and I don't own a robe.

Charleen
04-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Sounds like a shopping trip is in order! BTW, Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boardpuppy
04-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Be every careful with the in-laws staying at your home. Someday will be the right time to "tell all" to them, but ovusly know is not it. You and the wife after talking about it, will known when. From memory only, you are in for a wild ride, 3 oclock feedings, and marathon diaper changings. It will be stressful but a great deal of fun/joy/happiness. Congrats.

Hugs,
Alice

CD Susan
04-20-2009, 10:20 PM
I don't understand why your wife's parents would be coming into your bedroom during the night while you are sleeping. I would let them know that you and your wife will take care of the baby's needs during the night and when morning comes and everyone is up then they will have plenty of time to be with thier grandchild. This is a simple solution that will enable you to wear whatever you want to bed (just keep your bedroom door closed). Congratulations on the new addition to the family and I hope you invest in a crib soon. It is safer that way for the baby and more comfortable for you and your wife.

Sally2005
04-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Damn in-laws... they can be fun but they cramp my style... or sorry, I was thinking about myself. It will never end, they will keep coming to visit as the kid grows up....oh sorry, me again. You will be up all night taking care of your wife and baby...and wondering what to wear will be furthest from your mind. Just make sure you have film in the camera etc etc. I did hear sleeping in the nude with silk sheets is pretty comfy. :-)

TJ Tresa
04-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Wear what ever will make them happiest and do not... I repeat DO NOT ruin the grandparants experience for them!! Your needs are secondary to theirs since they are visiting, imho... And I would hate to wreck the relationship between your new one and his or her grandparents before they actually got to know eachother....

I could not agree more. Please don't ruin this for the grandparents. Put your female stuff and that side of you away for a few days.

Sallee
04-20-2009, 11:45 PM
Karen's statement is right on your life will change hopefully for the better with a new baby and child It will be great fun but a few bumps along the way Enjoy

DanaR
04-21-2009, 02:37 AM
I would have to agree with Karen as well, they will be gone in a few days and you can get back to normal then.

Shikyo
04-21-2009, 02:47 AM
Like many others have already said and I can only agree to what they've said. This is a big event for you and the baby's grandparents. The urge might be big, but if they don't know about your crossdressing yet you really should not have them find out right now. It might become very problematic in this situation, so it is better to be hiding all of your girlie stuff, while they are in the house and also just in case wear some male underwear. The boxers and a slip or something else under them should be a very good idea. It's not like they can see through your boxers, but you still have the nice feeling of the feminine panties under them.

flatlander_48
04-21-2009, 05:33 AM

Agreed!

This particular episode is not about you; it is about the new baby and the grandparents. Go buy a big, old-fashioned nightshirt; relax and take photos of your baby, your wife and the grandparents. This is a once in a lifetime deal. Keep the Big Picture in mind.

Sheila
04-21-2009, 05:47 AM
firstly Congrat to you and your wife on the Birth of the baby ............ due in July I believe :)

right okay dress, I am with the others, your inlaws should not be coming into the bedroom during the night, so wear what u want to sleep in ............ if u need to leave your room to get anything for your wife & or baby, a pair of loose trackie bottoms and a t-shirt can be quickly slung on and removed as required.

Enjoy your new status as parents, & remember those early years go so fast . my youngest is 13 in july ........ they grow so fast

LeannL
04-21-2009, 06:00 AM
First of all congratulations on having a child. I will assume that it is your first. What most parents find is that their desire to keep their new born with them in their bedroom quickly disapears when the need to sleep overcomes them. So if you are typical, the baby will be sleeping in his/her bedroom soon after coming home. Don't worry, your ability to hear improves by 10000% so you will still be able to hear every breath from the other end of the house.:)

Having said that, the baby will be coming back into your bedroom for feeding and comforting at various times. So I have to agree with most others, don't risk turning the sceen about your nightclothes. You have many years of having your child's grandparents interacting with the child and he/she will need that more than you wearing a nightgown for a couple of nights. Some day when they realize how wonderful a parent you are (in part because you are the typical gentle CD), you might have a chance to share that side with them but don't do it when the spotlight rightfully is on your wife and your child.

Maxi
04-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Actually I have two children already, who are grown and gone. A daughter 22, and a son 21.

Part of the reason I have not been that active on this forum is most of my time has been spent working on the baby room. It was my sons. It required a lot of repair after he moved out. I just have to finish refinishing the furnature, and cleaning the carpet.

I can see looking around the house, I have my work cut out for me. I keep finding stockings, and heals tucked on shelves around the house. And it needs a lot of dusting. The wife has found I am more likely to be in the cleaning mood when enfemmed. So cleaning can be fun.

The inlaws are great people, and we do have a big new RV in the back yard we use as a guest house. So they have their own retreat. I just need to figure out what I can sleep in, that is comfortable, and not to hot, and where to move my clothes to. We do not have any storage in the house, or a garage. Originally I bought the house as a rental, and wound up living in it after my divorce. It is not my dream house, but it is nice, just a little small.

My new wife, is a 43 year old college student. She just graduated with her 6th Masters degree, and felt it was time to start a family. I always loved my kids, and found I was highly motivated by them, so when the wife wanted a child, I agreed. I'm not quite sure how the CD thing will work into all this, but I'll keep you posted.

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Congrats on the baby, and put your fem side away for awhile. This is not the time to let the in-laws know about your fem side. That can always come later, this is all about the baby and I hope it all goes great for you and your wife. We have four kids, our youngest is 22 and they are all a gift.

Lorileah
04-21-2009, 04:36 PM
welcome to the new kid on the block...I mean the baby. How nice it will have a loving and caring set of parents.

Go get yourself a nice loose pair of silk or satin boxers (available in the finest lingerie department as women's sleepwear) and a nice matching robe. But remember women wrap backwards and a astute mother-in-law will see that. Father -in -law however won't notice which way you wrap. Or really freak them out and get a long men's night gown with a sleeping cap...that will teach them to look in while you are in bed :)

I can promise you won't be sleeping much anyway for awhile :)

Nicki B
04-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Actually I have two children already, who are grown and gone. A daughter 22, and a son 21.

And you have a new baby coming and you're planning on sleeping? :strugglin

Maxi
04-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Nicki B, you have a good point. I can hope to get some sleep.

Tracy_Victoria
04-22-2009, 03:46 AM

Oh so well said!

:thumbsup: