PDA

View Full Version : Wife's Acceptance

allisonrn06
04-21-2009, 08:31 AM
When I first came out to my wife, she wasn't accepting at all - she had told me I could keep my fem things, but didn't want to see me in them. I don't know when it happened exactly, but sometime in the last couple of years she came to be accepting of it and it's getting better all the time. We frequently talk about girly things when time allows and our " shopping dates" have become one of our favorite things to do in our spare time. Her acceptance has helped me relax greatly when shopping, to the point where we can get something at the same shop and I don't care anymore if the SA thinks "One of these outfits is way too big for his wife!" A while back when shopping at Penney's, if I were to buy something for myself, we would ask for a gift receipt as a smokescreen, now we just go for it, and don't worry about what others might think. Last time we went shopping together, we looked at things and talked in a manner, that anyone listening would have been able to guess that we were both looking for ourselves. We both ended up buying a top, and I was thrilled when my wife helped me pick out earrings and a necklace to go with mine!! Anyway, my main point is that my wife and I have always had a great relationship and her accepting me as a CD has only made it better!!

JenniferR771
04-21-2009, 08:35 AM
That is so sweet Allison. Treat her right--she is a keeper. I am so jealous--this week my wife made me throw out 6 dresses. But the good news is that she let me keep the 6 remaining in my closet. That is progress--at least compared to last year.

Patricia1
04-21-2009, 08:44 AM
Lucky girl Allison.

joann426
04-21-2009, 08:45 AM
allison i was in the same shoes that you were i bought some fem clothes and she didnt want her to see them i just pushed my self a little at a time so now i wear my clothes all the time now and my make up to it is a great feeling whem we go shopping together

Jilmac
04-21-2009, 08:48 AM
It's always a breakthrough when a spouse or SO accepts the femme part of our lives. I'm happy for you that you have such a caring wife. :love:

LOVE2
04-21-2009, 08:50 AM
i have a wife to she loves when i cd she is learning me how to put makeup on dont give up been mairied 20 years :^5:

Sandra
04-21-2009, 08:52 AM
It's good to hear that your wife is becoming more accepting... just don't go push things to much with her, let things happen at her pace. It is fun doing stuff with your SO, but remember to go and buy something for her once in a while, as I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

Holly
04-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Congratulations to BOTH of you, Allison. Sometimes it takes a while for our SO's to get their brain wrapped around the concept of their guy wearing ladies clothing. It is a bit unusual. But in the end, it is still the two of you, committed to one another, and accepting of the complete being of the other. Don't allow any ONE thing to dominate your lives; not cross dressing, or gardening, or sports, or jobs, or anything else EXCEPT your love and commitment for one another. If you both put the happiness of the other ahead of your own, your own happiness is assured. Be content in finding joy in making each other complete.

Carol A
04-21-2009, 10:37 AM
I have openly dress for all 45 years of our marriage and my wife doesn't think a thing about it. Her words " you are still the same man I married no matter what cloths you are wearing".

Now there is a down side to it all since we retired and moved into a small country town she doesn't want me going out dress anymore as seems everybody knows your truck and you'al. :doh:

KimberlyJo
04-21-2009, 12:54 PM
That's such a great thing to hear and will give a lot of people here hope for their own futures with their SOs (me included). Thanks so much for sharing!!

Karren H
04-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Lucky girl Allison.
Ditto!!

My wife and I have a great relationship too and her unacceptance of my crossdressing has not changed that....... now... There was that couple year period that was uber-problematic... But I really hope were past that for good..

Melissa in hose
04-21-2009, 01:55 PM
It is a great thing to have a wife who is so accepting. Mine has fully embraced my need to dress and even makes suggestions about what I should wear to flatter my figure. We do not allow the crossdressing to dominate our lives and we have a good balance of recreation and work and together time. I do not desire to dress all the time, and she does not ever tell me I shouldn't dress. It is almost a reverse psychology for both of us. I do not feel the need to dress all the time because I know that she knows I do it and I know I can dress when I want to.

MissConstrued
04-21-2009, 02:35 PM
It is a great thing to have a wife who is so accepting. Mine has fully embraced my need to dress and even makes suggestions about what I should wear to flatter my figure. We do not allow the crossdressing to dominate our lives and we have a good balance of recreation and work and together time. I do not desire to dress all the time, and she does not ever tell me I shouldn't dress. It is almost a reverse psychology for both of us. I do not feel the need to dress all the time because I know that she knows I do it and I know I can dress when I want to.

This should be posted big, bold, and sticky. All the couples struggling over this, pay heed.

WendyD
04-22-2009, 12:29 AM
That's great. I can only hope for what you have. My wife has only known for a year. She is trying hard to understand and she has my support. She is still trying to rebuild the trust she lost when I told her. She has bought me earrings and I always feel great when she does. MAybe one day I will have what you have.

daviolin
04-22-2009, 12:56 AM
That is so sweet Allison. Treat her right--she is a keeper. I am so jealous--this week my wife made me throw out 6 dresses. But the good news is that she let me keep the 6 remaining in my closet. That is progress--at least compared to last year.

You can throw thoughs dresses my way Jennifer:doh:Daviolin

Mary Morgan
04-22-2009, 05:19 AM
Allison, my own situation is simlar in terms of my wife's acceptance, and yes it is a great tension reliever to have her support, if only mildly. I always try to show her my appreciation in some way, and that pays big dividends. After all, we all want to be appreciated.