PDA

View Full Version : Done and done

Carly D.
04-21-2009, 08:56 AM
April 20, 2009: at about eleven thirty I was dressed full as Carly..

stopped at the gas mart and pumped some gas..

the weather was perfect, hardly a breeze..

three cars passed by as I was filling up, one was a cop car.. hope I looked passable..

went out to the Walmart, my wig is a fake so I didn't go in.. instead I got out of the car and checked the back seat.. for what?? found some empties, job well done.. hope the security cam guys saw that..

got home and went to the post office, got the mail.. life is good... got home and went to the computer and did my "Dear Diary" thing on my myspace where every detail of nerves feeling wrecked was entered in fine detail..

this night was fun... I wish I would have thought to take pictures.. oh wait, I did.. not that they are great.. a lot of shoe and foot shots (one in the same I'm thinkin') anyway, for everyone here who says do it you'll enjoy it, I say that is true.. the three remaining dares on my to do list DONE AND DONE...

Shikyo
04-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Congratulation. You have managed to take the first step on your way to being confident in doing what you like. The more you do and especially the more often you do, the more you want to do. First it's just simple steps and then you'll start to ask for more and more until there's nothing else you can do, but even then you'll look for something new.

Hopefully you'll get to finish your to-do list as soon as possible, then just create a new one to give you something to do.

Di
04-21-2009, 09:32 AM
Great :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Just remember it isn't a race do what you feel would be enjoyable and fun.Sounds like it went well:hugs:

Holly
04-21-2009, 09:35 AM
Congrtulations! The important thing is to be yourself where you want to be, when you want to be. Do this at YOUR pace.

boardpuppy
04-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Congrats on your outing. If your are happy walking in the back yard behind a tall fence or walking downtown in New York City, it is whatever you are confortable with. My first "dressed" outing was a walk at night but what a enjoyable time. On your next outing, think where or what you want to do, think of your safety and enjoy yourself. The "Pink Fog" will engulf you even on night walks.

Hugs,
Alice

Carol A
04-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Carly D.
Honey all you got to do is walk up and go inside and only the person who welcomes you may or my not tell the difference.

My first trip was on a busy Saturday and the place was so packed nobody pay any attention to me except the check out women and she didn't say a work but the look on her face was worth all the money in the world. She was to busy checking out the long line of people to say or do anything.

Hay they are not going to put you in jail as you are spending money. Just be yourself and go about your business and don't worry. :hugs:

Karren H
04-21-2009, 01:13 PM
Great :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Just remember it isn't a race do what you feel would be enjoyable and fun.Sounds like it went well:hugs:

Now you tell me!! And after I bought a new pair of pink track shoes!! I can't even find my list any more... Probably left it in one of my handbags somewhere..

Awesome day, Carly!!

Sam-antha
04-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Like Holly said, its your pace.... clic, clik and be happy
~Samm

"Mary"
04-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Congrats!

kelly1469
04-21-2009, 06:50 PM
well done hun! its an amazing feeling ain't it! x

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-21-2009, 07:10 PM
Good for you, Carly! :)

TWO first outing threads in one day!

I can't wait to be posting mine some day.

Vicarious happiness through you for now.

Congratulations. :)

paulaN
04-21-2009, 07:51 PM
Way to go girl. You've got your wings. I hope you feel the same way that I did so long ago. Let's do that again. I can't wait to do that again. I have to do that again. WOW what a rush.
go girl go.......

Carly D.
04-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Carly D.
Honey all you got to do is walk up and go inside and only the person who welcomes you may or my not tell the difference.

My first trip was on a busy Saturday and the place was so packed nobody pay any attention to me except the check out women and she didn't say a work but the look on her face was worth all the money in the world. She was to busy checking out the long line of people to say or do anything.

Hay they are not going to put you in jail as you are spending money. Just be yourself and go about your business and don't worry. :hugs:

Thank you to everyone.. I... well you know... and as for you Carol A. what nerve.. wish I had the .... well let's just say I wish I could do that.. maybe I'll try a trip further away next time, and see what happens..

as far as the "take your time and do what feels like a safe" thing to do.. I thought this one through for what seemed like a long time.. I even scouted the gas station by going in and looking at the islands to see what could be seen from the cashiers desk.. I took pictures of the place and superimposed my ugly pics on them.. I did Walmart too.. (pics I mean) and wish that I could go in there dressed up.. the shoes I wore were fairly high heeled pumps but were extremely easy to wear (at home) and turns out very easy to wear everywhere..

next "dare" hmmm I'm thinking..

Teri Jean
04-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Super, I never thought of a list. How does that work? Like grocery shopping? Hemmmmm
I got to quit wearing the blond wig.

Keli