PDA

View Full Version : Raining On My Parade, or, It Only Happens To Me

Phyliss
04-21-2009, 04:53 PM
6:00 A.M. Just got up and,…

At the beginning of April, Macy’s was having a sale on makeup. Buy something and get a free gift ( cute little travel bag ). Naturally I just had to stop in and get something. Talking with one of the girls, I ended up making an appointment for a complete makeover. Figuring that I didn’t want to waste the time all “Purdy and such”, I’d stop into the local Dress Barn and look for an actual dress. Then possibly drop by my favorite lingerie store to say hello.
So the “day” finally arrives and just my luck, wife needs the car today, so I’ll have to drive my truck, ( big 4X4 with work signage all over it), as if that’s not enough, it’s pouring rain outside, and is predicted to do this all day. Just lovely.
Ah, well ,….. Real ladies have to contend with things like this also, might as well join the crowd.

9:00 A.M.
Dressed in skirt and blouse, wig and good forms, Took my shower and shaved extra close today, put on lots of moisturizer, but no makeup, expect for a wipe or two of lippy (just gotta have that)
Gotta get out of the house now before wife gets up and begins to ask way too many questions, starting with, “Why the H*** are you dressed like THAT!!!”
Quick note about getting into a truck with running boards. If your skirt is somewhat long be sure to lift the hem a bit when stepping up on the board. Practiced a bit in the garage before taking off. Caught my heel in the skirt and when I stood to lift the other foot, pulled the skirt down over my butt. Lift the hem a bit so you don’t step on it. Fortunately I didn’t rip the material. THAT would have ruined the day.
This ought to be fun, store doesn’t open until 10:00 a.m., so, I’ve got an hour of drive around time to kill. Might as well take the long way to Macy’s.

10:00 A.M.
Sitting in parking lot for 5 min and finally the doors are unlocked. Walk in like I know what I’m doing. Quick side glance and nobody is laughing, good, things will be fine, just keep walking. Get to cosmetic counter expecting to see C**** but spot H****** instead. Find out that C**** had to switch with H****** today. No problem H****** says that she’ll have the fun rather than C****.
Sits me down in that cute high chair and goes to work on me. 45 min of pleasure, while an expert does my face. I love it.

11:00 A.M. she’s done and I head to Dress Barn for a real dress.
Walk in and B***** gives me that standard “Good Morning” greeting and about 10 seconds go by and she realizes who I am. Super big hug and she says I look great. Perfect, that’s what I wanted to hear.
Tell her the sort of dress I’m looking for, and she leads me around the place picking out different things. Finally settle on 3 nice ones ( size 14) and we head to the dressing room. That there were some other customers back there didn’t bother her one bit. If it don’t worry her then you can believe it don’t bother me neither.
Nice stretchy rayon type of material that fit me well. One of then has some really short sleeves and it needed a light top to cover my upper arms. Mentioned this to B***** when she came back to check on me. 2 minutes late there’s 3 tops being slung over the door. ( love the service ) . Tried on another and it was perfect as it was. The third needed a cami to cover help the deep plunge in the front, ( too much information ). I walked out of the dressing room, wearing the dress, to pick one out. B***** came up to me and told me that they were having a sale (buy 2 and save $10) since I only had 3, was I interested in a fourth? “Let’s look” I answer. Found one and back to the changing room I go. Checked out the way the cami fit with the dress I had on and it works well, then tried the fourth dress, … perfect.
By this time, it’s around 12:30 and K**** is coming on. I’ve spoken with K**** a number of times, and she “knows” but hasn’t ever seen me dressed. Took her about 3 minutes before she realized who I was. Another big hug.

Four dresses, a cami, and the light sweater, plus sales tax ….. $207.56.

1:00 P.M.
Left there and stopped in to visit my local lingerie shop, to say hello to the owner I****, and show off my new treasures, and thank her for the wonderful time I had this past Thurs. when I was shopping with my niece and her daughter, and tell her how comfortable they were with her.
Spent about an hour there having a nice girl chat about clothes and makeup.

2:15 P.M.
Time to head home. Going up the turnpike I realize I don’t have any change with me. Have to go to the cash only booth and hand the toll taker the dollar bill, … no reaction. Good. So far, take off carefully and I’m not worried about the second toll booth, I can carry it off. Small problem however, at the second booth the guy knows my truck and he fumbles the bill a bit as he give me my change. I smile like I don’t know him, give a light “thank you” and leave. I figure any questions later will answered with, “Oh that was my twin sister” He don’t know me that well. Not too worried about it even.

Another FUN day in “Girl World”

Karen564
04-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Sounds like you had a blast, and was a great story, know I cant wait to see the pictures of your makeover..
How much did they charge you? or should I say how much did it cost you..

Phyliss
04-21-2009, 05:34 PM
I cant wait to see the pictures of your makeover..
How much did they charge you? or should I say how much did it cost you..

I bought a bunch of makeup for her trouble. They're not supposed to get tips, but I think I "lost" a $20 bill on the counter. :heehee:

BTW Here is a picture of what I looked like when H****** finished with me. Kinda like it. Gonna make it my new avatar

Karen564
04-21-2009, 06:36 PM
I bought a bunch of makeup for her trouble. They're not supposed to get tips, but I think I "lost" a $20 bill on the counter. :heehee:

Yeah, It's kinda funny how easy it is to Misplace a Jefferson, isn't it..:heehee:

btw, I like the new look..:)

gretchen2
04-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Now that is a busy day in girl world, how much fun is that. you look great.

CD Susan
04-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Wow Phyliss, what a great day you had! It is so much fun to be out and about and I enjoy it too. I am still waiting to have my first professional makeover though. It sounds like you are way ahead of a lot of us other girls. Way to go sis!

Teri Jean
04-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Wow, what a wonderful day. You must have gotten lost in the Pink Fog for awhile.

Keli

Phyliss
04-22-2009, 03:17 AM
Wow, what a wonderful day. You must have gotten lost in the Pink Fog for awhile.

Keli

Lost? ... The "fog" was so thick I couldn't cut it with a nail file, had to make little arrows on the ground with my lipstick to find my way back to the truck.

crossdrezzer1
04-22-2009, 05:24 AM
sounds like a full fun day,,,, was the wife home when you got home?