PDA

View Full Version : Well THAT was dumb....

NYsong
04-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Ok, so hello everyone.

I've never been the most active member ever, and because of that I wouldn't expect any of you to remember me, but thats really okay. I just need to share my story with people who actually understand for a change.

Starting about April last year, I met this wonderful girl. We pretty much became infatuated with each other overnight. It really was fantastic.
However, I had decided that I should stop dressing in my spare time because I was pretty sure it would scare her off. So, I tried.

I soon found out that the longer I went without Lila (my CD persona), the more she wanted out. So, around Halloween I broke the news to her (as it was obviously extra hard at that time of year!). She did not take it well. And while I don't blame our breakup in December (by me) on that event, it assuredly didn't help down the stretch.

Now, over the months since we were together I've transformed into a much more outgoing person, which is actually great for my usual male self. It also gave be about 100 times more confidence in Lila!

Only one rather large problem: Remember when she didn't take the news well? Yeah, that pretty much got me to get rid of EVERYTHING. I now know personally (just like most of the stories say) that that was REALLY DUMB.

So, now I have this undying every day semi-NEED to dress, and I've got nothing and no money or means to go about regaining it easily. I'll have to save long and hard to get everything back, but hopefully its for the best in the end.

Sorry that was SO EPIC. I just really had to vent to some people who *might* understand. lol! Thanks for reading ladies. Hope I don't seem like a convenient contributer!

daviolin
04-22-2009, 12:40 AM
I know the feeling. Start with the local Thrift shops. You can start a wardrobe on pennys on the dollar. Garage sales are good to. I once came out of a garage sale with a sack full for 5 dollars. I'm talking shoes, dresses, tops, skirts and a little jewelry. Thoughs people just want to get rid of stuff. One womans junk another womans treasuer. Good luck honey:hugs:flickr.com/photos/daviolin

MissConstrued
04-22-2009, 01:31 AM
That'll learn ya!

curse within
04-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Been there ,,,,,But I was even dumber I have done it 3 times before I learned..

Hope
04-22-2009, 02:29 AM
You learned your lesson right?

Remember the lesson. Purging never helped anyone. Besides perhaps retailers.

So seriously, you need some clothes, and you need them cheep. Sounds like the job thrift stores were designed for. Also the suggestion about garage sales is spot on. Everyone tries to sell clothes at garage sales - and almost no one buys stuff at garage sales... go in the afternoon and you can pick up almost anything you want and name your price.

I would get fresh panties, nylons and bras though... that is what the intertubes are for. onehanesplace.com will get you set up for cheep.

Mollyanne
04-22-2009, 02:43 AM
Hi Lila, oh yeah; I've been there also. I guess you have found out that purging sucks!!!!:eek: The thrift stores and garage sales are probably the best place(s) for now. Watch the sales, they will be hot and heavy now for the next couple of weeks.

Mollyanne

Teri Jean
04-22-2009, 07:07 AM
Over the years of dabbling in CDing I did purge but the impact was minor. Today it would be huge and I can understand what it would take to rebuild the wardrobe and accessories. Sorry to hear this. Thrift shops and support groups have deals that could help. Talking the other day with a sister we discussed a "garage" sale of such in their group as a way to recycle clothes one does not need or want. If you have one near by you may want to get in touch. Good luck.

Keli

Sarah_GG
04-22-2009, 07:17 AM
My SO is just purging... but only to make room for the most recent acquisitions. If you were in the UK I'd happily send the cast-offs to you. As it is, these are heading down to the textile recycling centre. Every time I drive past a charity shop that's closed there seems to be dumped bag loads of clothes outside. It depends how fussy you are. Clothes are SO cheap at the moment which means a lot of recycling is going on too... it won't be hard (I'm sure) to start gathering again.

I'm glad you stated that your telling your SO that you were CD didn't hail the end of the relationship - that it was other stuff.

Good luck and happy acquiring!

:)

boardpuppy
04-22-2009, 07:39 AM
Hello Lila,
Sorry for your break up in Dec. To replenish Lila's cloth, the best ideas have already been suggested. Most girls in your position (with SO) don't learn about purging until they have done the "Deed" 2 or 3 times. Have fun bying clothes for Lila and make her happy.

Hugs,
Alice

Karren H
04-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Personally I don't think it was dumb!! We do what we do at the time in hopes that we can hold on to something we love!! Plain and simple.... I'd do it in a heartbeat if given the choice.. Really sorry for the loss!!

I don't know what size you wear but PM me... I have some things I'm not wearing and they can be yours if you like..

Carly D.
04-22-2009, 10:03 AM
It is epic and I did cry.. YOU THREW AWAY EVERYTHING!! I'm heart broke.. I'll never be the same again.. ok, enough with the sob story stuff.. truth is now when you start over again you will get what you want, and on a budget it might seem hard but go to a dollar store and look around.. the pantyhose is cheap and doesn't last but what brand of pantyhose does?? it's a quick fix (the cheap pantyhose is) and they have panties at some and you can dress somewhat up that way.. go to a second hand store and check them out.. might find some shoes that could be a way to start. I don't know. I thought about throwing everything of mine away if I found the right woman but now I think my "soul mate" died so I am figuring on being solo for life.. but I have Carly..

JulieC
04-22-2009, 11:20 AM
I thought about throwing everything of mine away if I found the right woman

I wish I understood this. It's a common theme among crossdressers. "If I find the right woman, I'll be cured!"

I don't know what the genesis of this idea is. I wish I knew, and I wish we could squash this idea as soundly as the idea (held by many non-CDers) that being a CDer means you're gay.

NYsong
04-22-2009, 12:51 PM
I wish I understood this. It's a common theme among crossdressers. "If I find the right woman, I'll be cured!"

I don't know what the genesis of this idea is. I wish I knew, and I wish we could squash this idea as soundly as the idea (held by many non-CDers) that being a CDer means you're gay.

Double Quote!!

Its not so much that'd I thought I'd be cured, but when you become so in love with someone, you feel you can forget about it or that hopefully by the time it comes back your SO will understand. I can't say what exactly I was thinking, except for the fact that I knew I never wanted her to see my stuff and I didn't know where I could put it that she (or someone in my family) wouldnt find it.

Oh well.. Well thanks for the encouragement and ideas, ladies! I'll try to keep you posted on the situation as much as possible. Hopefully I'll have some better news to share soon enough!

Jessica Who
04-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Been there, done that ;)

Tina P Hose
04-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Atleast you told her, I am a coward. Live alone, dress alone....d:drink:Drink ALONE

TGMarla
04-23-2009, 07:52 PM
Yes. That was dumb.

And you know...there's always that one item that you really liked, and now you'll never have another like it. You need to put just a little bit of each paycheck into a separate account. Do it automatically, so you never see it. With it, you can slowly piece your decimated wardrobe back together.

Now stop purging!

Christina Horton
04-24-2009, 07:54 AM
lucky I have never purged before save to make room for new clothes. But I feel your pain Hun :hugs: :love: so keep your chin up and do what the other girls have said. ( take two thrift store trips and call me in the morning) good luck shoping and have fun.

Daintre
04-24-2009, 08:04 AM
Hi Lila, personally I don't think what you did was dumb at all, it actually was a learning experience. The reason for the purge was a good one, but now you know in your own heart that dressing is important to you, maybe something to think about. I think that at one time or another we have all purged, regretted it, learned from it and began to embrace dressing as part of oureelves.