PDA

View Full Version : I can't take it anymore.

halfman_halfamazing
04-22-2009, 02:53 AM
Seriously.
I have had about enough of this.

to all of America,
I AM A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today.
My girl and i went swimming. There was an odd biker woman there and kept calling us.. girls.
Then she had me help her get a bee out with my floatie and called me 'young lady'
i flatly said, 'i'm a boy.'
Well you should have seen the look on her face i might as well have told her i was alien.

Then we went to Chili's.
A gay guy was our waiter and of course,
'Ladies'
He went on break and the next waiter came over.
'Ladies'

Idk why but i always just think that gay guys will see i'm a boy.
Nope. Thats like the third time.

I am so tired of it i just cry!
I can't do anything about how i look yet!
No hormones! Cant cut my hair, cant be topless, my ears have been pierced ONCE when i was 3-6 months and the holes don't close!
What can i do!
You've seen me before right?
Help a brother out.
The lady at the pool said i was very feminine, like prince, said i should cut my hair.
But i cant cut it.
The deal with my hair is is that i could be a girl when i HAVE to and i boy when i dont.
The second thing is that my mom won't cut it for me.
She's scared idk.
I should explain why my mom is a big deal with my hair.
My mom is hair stylist.
No one. No other professional has ever touched scissors to my hair.
Ever.
So it seems like a huge betrayal.

So please help me. Let me know what i can do meanwhile.

Ze
04-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Christ, how infuriating.

I honestly don't really have any wisdom I can share with you. I can only relate. Sorry that happened to you, let alone so many times in one day. :hugs:

BUT, if that's you in your album, I most definitely think you look like a boy. A young, cute one, yeah; but still a boy. :)

Wren
04-22-2009, 10:46 PM
It's so much easier said than done, but people are always going to have an opinion of you no matter what or who you are, and you can't let it get to you. Trans or no trans, everyone has self-perception issues, the girl in the tight skirt is a ****, the guy with the slick hair is a chauvinist pig, the blonde is an idiot, and the female CEO is a bitch..

It doesn't matter who you are, you are always going to be decoded differently from how you want to be perceived, by some people.

Give them the finger under your coat, and be whoever you want to be. Really you don't have to cut your hair, boys can have long hair, you don't have to compromise who you are to fit into a socially constructed stereotype of what a man is and if people aren't willing to accept it, well their loss because their view of the world will always be narrow and rigid.

I know it doesn't seem like much help but what else can you do?

Shoot me for saying it, but I find it sad that I have to mutilate my body (i.e. bind) to show people that I'm a boy. The core reason i never felt female was because I refused to mutilate my body (shave, starve myself) to fit into a version of feminine that society had cut out for me. And it's tough but f-it. I could be much worse off.

If you cut your hair, go on hormone therapy or bind for yourself it's totally different than doing it just so that people can get their head out of their asses. Don't compromise yourself, and keep fighting the good fight.

DanielMacBride
04-23-2009, 12:03 AM
What Wren said. It sucks that we have to deal with this kind of crap, but it's there and the only thing you can do is to ignore it and be better than the narrowminded people who dish it out.

:hugs:

Kristopher
04-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Hang in there. Some days are better than others. Good luck.

Kiera
04-28-2009, 06:55 AM
I am sure that comming from a guy who wants to look like a girl, this may seem a little odd... but... I spent most of my life trying to be the perfect man. Manerism, walk, talk, you name it I tried to live up to it. From the way I took a drag from a smoke, to the way I carried myself. Nobody.. I mean Nobody would have ever guessed I was in the slightest bit fem. If there were specific questions you have about appearing more masculine I would be more than happy to try and help you out.
Hugs,
Kiera