PDA

View Full Version : buying lipstick

liz lesbow
06-30-2005, 08:48 AM
:rolleyes: How do you buy your lipsticks. Where do you buy them ?
Yesterday I had such a need for hot pink lipstick when at Macys’s that I just went up to the girl at the counter and asked for the hottest pink lipstick she had. I did not browse for it but just said what I wanted. She just picked up one asked me If it was OK and then asked if I wanted a liner to go with it. I said yes and she produced two to chose from. Buying hot pink was easy for me . I could rationalize that she thought it was for my wife. It was the first time I bought for my self a brand new lipstick

Julie
06-30-2005, 09:11 AM
I usually buy mine at the grocery store or K-Mart, Venture, places like that. I just check out the selections and pick the one(s) I want. I usually buy nail polish to match the lipstick (even though I know that's no longer fashionable). :cool:

JoAnnDallas
06-30-2005, 10:00 AM
I buy mine at the gocery store, since they have self checkout. I usually go early like around 8:00 Am. That way ther are fewer people in the store and I can browse the Cosmectic section.

Fallen Angel
06-30-2005, 10:07 AM
i just go to walmart for mine. wet and wild is the brands i use in lipstick and nail polish.since my hair is aurburn and im dark complected i try to stay with light shades of lipstick

Sigrid
06-30-2005, 10:20 AM
I usually buy them from the drugstore, Rite Aid or Thrifty. If you've got a little money to burn, head over to the MAC store (or counter at Macys). From everything I've seen, they appear to be quite TG friendly and have some very different and interesting colors.

heathr1
06-30-2005, 01:27 PM
Not only do I love those lipsticks, I find the women there so helpful and informative.

I buy in a neighbouring town where there is less chance of being recognised and about 10 minutes before the shop closes and is quiet.

Luckily, I have a GG friend who gives me her unwanted, sometimes unused lipsticks and glosses.

GypsyKaren
06-30-2005, 01:34 PM
I used to buy mine wherever I happened to be, lately I've been buying all of my make-up at Ulta. They have a good selection and pretty good sales.
GypsyKaren

Wendy me
06-30-2005, 02:09 PM
at brooks drug store or cvs....

Tristen Cox
06-30-2005, 02:42 PM
Doesn't really matter where as long as they have selection and good prices. And Julie who said matching nails to lips is outdated? Not for me anyways ;)

KELLYANN
06-30-2005, 06:52 PM
HI LIZ buy mine at the local grocery store. my local store has a self checkout so anything femme i purchase i just scan it and put into my bag. no one knows but the computer. KELLYANN

Anna
06-30-2005, 07:02 PM
just bought an ab fab lippy from Boots.Deep claret looks dynamite on if your into that femme fatale look that is,luckily i am he he :thumbsup: :) :)

DanaJ
06-30-2005, 07:44 PM
Not only do I love those lipsticks, I find the women there so helpful and informative.

I buy in a neighbouring town where there is less chance of being recognised and about 10 minutes before the shop closes and is quiet.

Luckily, I have a GG friend who gives me her unwanted, sometimes unused lipsticks and glosses.But heathr - wouldn't you like the used ones even better? :)

DanaJ

Adrianne
06-30-2005, 08:31 PM
I buy all my makeup at wal-mart, i look at them and is they ever got test ones i try them on my hand first.

Tristen Cox
06-30-2005, 09:05 PM
But heathr - wouldn't you like the used ones even better? :)

DanaJ
Don't be silly no one uses used lipstick, do they? :rolleyes:

JoAnnDallas
06-30-2005, 09:07 PM
Unless they kiss your first and transfer it from their lips to yours. LOL

DonnaT
07-01-2005, 12:09 AM
I've bought at the grocery store or the drug store, but lately I just get everything at the Ulta store.