PDA

View Full Version : What, or who, do u see in your mirror?

docrobbysherry
04-23-2009, 12:47 PM
U can make this question as simple, or as philosophical as u like!:brolleyes:

Do u see yourself, or the woman inside u? Maybe u R her, by now? The woman u should have been born to be? The woman u wish u were? A familiar friend who visits occassionally? A fem project in the making? Or maybe, just a guy in a dress?:eek:

I don't look in the mirror until I've completed my fem look. Which includes my special face and wig. Then, I see, ( hopefully), an attractive, erotic female staring back. Familiar, yet with a different look every time she appears. I'm NOT sure yet, who she is. But, I KNOW I don't want to see me! With luck, she'll look a little like the fantasy woman I've seen in my mind! :daydreaming:

Lisa Golightly
04-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Me, Myself, and I.

RWillow
04-23-2009, 01:00 PM
As Lisa said, I see the three of us, Me, Myself, and I.

Renyta

Kate Simmons
04-23-2009, 01:07 PM
I don't see anything that wasn't already there to begin with RS.;):)

Jennifer Marie P.
04-23-2009, 01:18 PM
I see myself Jennifer the person that I am.

Juliemckay
04-23-2009, 01:20 PM
me... who else would I see?

Deedee Dupree
04-23-2009, 01:30 PM
I don't look in the mirror until I've completed my fem look. Which includes my special face and wig. Then, I see, ( hopefully), an attractive, erotic female staring back. Familiar, yet with a different look every time she appears. I'm NOT sure yet, who she is. But, I KNOW I don't want to see me! With luck, she'll look a little like the fantasy woman I've seen in my mind! :daydreaming:

Well Doc, I think I understand you very well. For me the answer to "who she is" was found beyond the closet door, or "beyond the mask" if you will. I am not being critical about where you are at.

I constantly observe the proceedings in the mirror when I am in "good girl" mode trying this and that(after MU) until I'm satisfied with the results. This assumes that I'm not putting on a favorite outfit that doesn't require the mirror until the last check.

Otherwise if I CHOOSE to be a bit naughty, (separate wardrobe for that}
I may do it the way you do.

Either way, I am not concerned with the kinds of questions you are asking yourself... I'm not questioning myself. Like I say, going beyond the closet door was the key. Fully exploring the contents of both Pandora's boxes (laugh) qualified everything for me to my satisfaction. And sometimes fantasies should remain fantasies. There is the potential to "loose" something, but something can be gained as well.

Having said that, I'm fairly conservative now. Don't sweat it too much, and I hope you find the answers you are seeking. dd

Addition: I break it down like this just to be able to discuss it. As I have mentioned elsewhere any separate aspect of myself that I express is, "a varriation on a theme" the theme being "just me". In all honesty, If I am being " just me" when I dress that would have to include "him". So, I just like it better when I'm CDing to exclude "him". it's more fun for me that way. And that is also a choice. Oh well.

Tasha McIntyre
04-23-2009, 01:36 PM
For decades I was just a guy in a dress until late last year, when I finally discovered the magic of make up and hair. Now I see the girl side of me bursting out in full colour.... :daydreaming:

Cheers

Tash :)

Shikyo
04-23-2009, 01:49 PM
I only see myself. There is nothing else to be seen, to be honest.

LisaM
04-23-2009, 02:27 PM
I really don't look closely at myself in male mode---I never have.

But when I see myself after getting fully dressed and made-up, I see the person I always felt I was and am.

jasmine57
04-23-2009, 02:41 PM
When I look in the mirror I see the woman that I always knew was there. And I thank God that it's me.

Kathi Lake
04-23-2009, 02:54 PM
The part of myself that seems to have the most fun.

The side of myself that I always knew was in there.

A merged whole of my masculine and feminine traits.

Me!

Persephone
04-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Me, Myself, and I.

Normally, I see Lisa's "Me, Myself, and I."

My femme personna is dominant, so "she" is typically the one using the mirror. At those times I'm focused on actions -- putting on my makeup, doing my hair, looking for stray eyebrow hairs, checking my dress.

What sometimes catches me totally by surprise is being someplace and walking past a mirror and, without any thought, seeing, for a fleeting instant, the actual woman. Those are positive, electric moments! But as soon as I start to think, they're gone.

Teri Jean
04-23-2009, 03:49 PM
My twin sister, my girl friend and myself.

Keli

kellycan27
04-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Just..................kelly

Sigrid Cutie
04-23-2009, 03:53 PM
i think what i see in the mirror is something between The woman i wish i was and A familiar friend who visits occassionally.

Carol A
04-23-2009, 04:21 PM
When I look into the mirror I see and aging women who try to look younger then she is. Thank God for makeup and wigs :tongueout

pamela_a
04-23-2009, 04:25 PM
When I look in the mirror I see only me. Not a man but not quite the woman I want to see looking back either. Perhaps the best way to put it is I see a work in progress.

-Paula-

Stormgirl
04-23-2009, 04:54 PM
I see a girl that wants to come out.

Alice B
04-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Damm! I see the same three people Lisa sees. Is that scary, or what?

Billie_P
04-23-2009, 05:02 PM
I see me. A bit of guy and a bit of girl, no matter how dressed.

Deborah Jane
04-23-2009, 05:03 PM
I see Debs
Obvious really i suppose as it's Debs looking into the mirror

Lorileah
04-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Damn, since I got new glasses I see all the wrinkles and crows feet. I see that I should have taken better care of myself. Luckily when I am getting ready I can take off the glasses and then I aint so bad

Cary
04-23-2009, 06:13 PM
I see me.:)

dennisGTS
04-23-2009, 06:33 PM
For decades I was just a guy in a dress until late last year, when I finally discovered the magic of make up and hair...

...only I don't have a wig yet and I don't wear any make-up...I'm still at that stage where I only see a guy dressed as a girl. :brolleyes:

Jessica Who
04-23-2009, 06:37 PM
I see the other side of myself, but not a different person :)

charlie
04-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Hello Doc!
For a long time I just saw a man in a dress (but the legs looked good!). Then as I learned more about wigs, better wigs, makeup, eye shadow, contouring... etc..I started seeing some of my mother and sister in my face. I think I really started looking like a female me. I now see just me. A female me. Some days better then others, but me.

TGMarla
04-23-2009, 07:54 PM
I see a somewhat masculine semblance of the woman that I might have been, maybe even should have been, all dressed up to the nines.

Rachel Morley
04-23-2009, 08:10 PM
I could get all philosophical and try to say something profound ... but I'm not going to :D

When I look in the mirror I like what I see. I see me, but somehow the person looking back at me seems to be a better version of me. I like myself better when I'm en femme. Don't get me wrong I don't dislike my boy self, I just prefer my girl self. :) So yeah .... I see a better version of me!

curse within
04-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Sherry,

I'm not sure, I mean think about it .. I have not choose a female name to tie to my alter ego ( or whatever it is ).. I have never really had enough time to really explore this stranger that demands to take my attentsion towards that direction.

It scares me as I look into the mirror and see this stranger stareing back.. I know it's me, somewhere in there that is me..Someone who has spent years trying to break out to make an appearance ( or so I am lead to belive as it builds up to this extent). I will have to get to know this person a little better , maybe it wouldn't be so demanding to make more apearances as I do get to know this stranger and slowly fade away..:daydreaming:

crusadergirl
04-23-2009, 09:14 PM
I see only one person Kirra which is me not a girl just a person that enjoys life.

linnea
04-23-2009, 09:31 PM
I see myself, of course, but it is the self that yearns to be expressed, that has been waiting, that feels wonderful when she's is able to behave comfortably and freely.

happygirl
04-23-2009, 10:07 PM
I see what I dream of, a woman that loves to play

Miranda09
04-23-2009, 10:22 PM
What do I see? I see my male self before dressing up, I see my potential female self as well. When I dress up, my female self becomes dominant, espcially when I put on makeup and soften my male features (still trying to get that right).

jennifer easton
04-23-2009, 10:35 PM
I ask the people that I try to explain the way I feel, when you get up in the morning and head into the bathroom and pass the mirror, who do you see in the mirror, I still do a double take, oh yeah thats me, because in my mind,it's not the fat old guy thats there looking back, but a brunet in her 40s, but in that split second, reality comes blasting back saying wake up this is you!!

Tiffany6791
04-23-2009, 11:24 PM
I try not to look in the mirror and I don't know why. I'm sure there are reason to that but I never do. Part of me think it's because I'm not fully dressed with a wig and make-up. However, if I did then I would like to think it would be me as a female self. Anyone else have that issue or I'm I just weird?

Intertwined
04-24-2009, 12:47 AM
I see a tired old man trying to escape :rose2:

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-24-2009, 04:00 AM
When I'm all done up as Gabrielle, I simply see Gabrielle in the mirror. It makes me very happy to see my inner girl - she who must remain locked inside me most of the time.

I can't say I appear as feminine as I like, but when I stand just right and do my face just right and look at myself at just the right angle... I see the beautiful, feminine woman that I was never allowed to be. Granted, I don't actually want to become a real woman, but I do very much like to explore Gabrielle and spend time with her, and as her.

She means the world to me, and I'm not ashamed of expressing it. I love to look in the mirror ans see her smiling back at me. I love to look into her mascara-laced eyes. I wish I could see her looking back at me more often. But it is Gabrielle I see when I look in the mirror - my feminine side realized.

Carin
04-24-2009, 05:10 AM
I get dressed every morning with the bathroom mirror there. When I see the reflection in the mirror, I see ME getting dressed. Just me, Doin' What Comes Natur'lly.

Unless it is one of those currently rare occasions where I have to present as all male. Then it is work!.

Georgia Rose
04-24-2009, 05:29 AM
I see Georgia Rose, not the real person (male). The scary bit is when I'm dressed with make-up etc I look so much like my mother (God bless her) that i sometimes pretty much see her.

:drink:

Sara Jessica
04-24-2009, 07:28 AM
A popular sentiment seems to be "I just see me". That's kind of like the answer when debating the label thing, "I'm just me" (as in labels need not apply).

But I think I get what the OP is saying because I've experienced this feeling myself. When we go to this much effort in trying to perfect our craft, sometimes it comes out just right to the point where only the girl in the mirror is seen. And that feeling is absolutely priceless.

BLUE ORCHID
04-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Hello Doc!
For a long time I just saw a man in a dress (but the legs looked good!). Then as I learned more about wigs, better wigs, makeup, eye shadow, contouring... etc..I started seeing some of my mother and sister in my face. I think I really started looking like a female me. I now see just me. A female me. Some days better then others, but me.

Some times I can see some resemblance to my mother and
my sisters with different style wigs. I guess I wasn't realy crazy after all !!!
.................................................. .............thanks.........ORCHID

jenna_woods
04-24-2009, 08:44 PM
wen fully dressed I see Jenna in the mirror,and really feel that I am
truly female at that point,

TSchapes
04-24-2009, 09:39 PM
My better half! The half I don't get to show enough! :D

Love, Tracy

Jonianne
04-24-2009, 09:57 PM
I see the other side of myself, but not a different person :)

:iagree: I see the female side of who I am that yearns to be expressed on occassion.

Barbara Dugan
04-24-2009, 10:04 PM
I am still trying to figure it.

Samantha43
04-24-2009, 10:36 PM
I see someone who appears to be my sister with a hormone imbalance.....:eek:

Actually, what I really see is me with makeup, a wig and feminine clothing. I can actually make myself attractive to myself....:battingeyelashes: A benefit of crossdressing for me is that I get to "be" the woman of my fantasies and then stand in front of the mirror for my viewing pleasure.

Billijo49504
04-24-2009, 11:05 PM
I see me or what my sister would have been, if she had been born...BJ

Sophie Lynne
04-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Isn't that a good question?

I don't know. Sometimes I see me in a dress and I wonder what in the hell am I doing?

Other times I see a girl emerging, trying to come out, waking from a long slumber.

And other times, I see Sophie: a woman. Pure and simple.

And I'd bet the mortgage that I am not alone feeling the way I do.

Jacueen
04-24-2009, 11:57 PM
For decades I saw a guy looking back at me. But that was before I understood and accepted who I really am. Now when I see my reflection in a mirror or a window or even a spoon, I see Jacueen looking back. Whether I'm just stepping out of the shower naked and freshly scrubbed or I'm fully crossdressed and completely made up, I see the woman that I am within.

:battingeyelashes: Jacueen