PDA

View Full Version : arousal phase?

renaegee
04-23-2009, 01:17 PM
It seems like many members of this forum have gone through two phases of crossdressing. The first phase was one in which the desire to dress was sexual excitement/arousal which was followed by one in which the desire was to feel "more comfortable" with oneself. For you, how long did the arousal phase last? Do you think the length is related to the frequency in which one dresses?

LisaM
04-23-2009, 02:40 PM
I actually went through three phases,

First, was pre-puberty and it contained no arousal. I just wanted to be a girl.

The second phase occurred during puberty and I still remember the first time I had an accident while getting dressed. I didn't really know what was happening. I had to go to the library and look up what had happened. I remember that it felt good and I remember reading that I shouldn't be ashamed by it but it also conflicted with what I was learning at Catholic school. I continued in this phase until my early 20's when I realized that I really felt that I was TS and that arousal with dressing conflicted with what we were supposed to say to the gatekeepers if you were thinking of transitioning in the late 70's and early 80's.

The third phase began when I began to dress again in my 30's when the sexual aspect seemed to completely disappear. I am 51 now and it just feels natural to dress and not have a real sexual component.

Kelly_on_platforms
04-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Good question. I have been dressing forever and it still makes me aroused. I guess when I dress I choose the clothing that makes me feel sexy and gives that sexual feeling that is the thrill of dressing for me. I don't have to wear super short skirts and super high heels, I can just throw on a sundress with some sandals and it will make me feel sensualy aroused, I can feel my bareness and femininity - it's the biggest thrill for me. I like to go around the block at night like that often wearing nothing under my dress - feels awsome.

Kathi Lake
04-23-2009, 02:52 PM
I would say that the arousal phase lasted from my teen years up to about 3-4 years ago. That is when everything shifted from dressing for a certain "release" shall we say, to dressing for the feeling of release. In other words, dressing is my way to unshackle myself from the societal pressures and expectations of being a poor unfortunate male member of the species. As a woman, I can be soft. I can be pretty. I can be vulnerable. Sigh. I love it!

Kathi

jasmine57
04-23-2009, 02:52 PM
The arousal phase for me lasted years mainly because I didn't dress very often. Now adays I seem to enjoy my femenimity more than the arousal. I've always know that there was a woman inside me and now I get to let her out. I love the feeling of being me when I'm dressed now and the arousal is minimal at best.

Patricia1
04-23-2009, 02:59 PM
... dressing is my way to unshackle myself from the societal pressures and expectations of being a poor unfortunate male member of the species. As a woman, I can be soft. I can be pretty. I can be vulnerable. Sigh. I love it!
Kathi

That says it for me too Kathi. I'm aroused not in a sexual but in a complete way. I'm happy with myself all over, for want of a better phrase.

Leanne2
04-23-2009, 03:03 PM
My experience has been the same as Lisa's. Because I started dressing at four years old there obviously was no arousal involved. When my male parts came alive it added a new dimension that I thought would always be there.
Now at age 59 I don't want the negative effects of my male hormones. I would have an orchidectomy if it would be paid for by my insurance. I am more of a lesbian lover with my wife now. She mentioned to me that if I ever got cancer down there that it wouldn't effect our lovemaking if my male parts were removed. But then I am not just a cross dresser but somewhere between CD and TS. Leanne

Teri Jean
04-23-2009, 03:46 PM
There has been two phases for me and arousal was the first and now it feels right but sometimes one buys a new garment or in the presence of someone new while dressed phase one is back. It's more mind over matter than really the phase thing,IMO. Keli

Erica K.
04-23-2009, 03:59 PM
I am smack dab in the middle of the arousal phase, every time I go out (which isn't much) I have to duck away & adjust things :o But I am new to going out fully dressed, up untill 4 months ago I didn't have anything that I thought looked good enough for an outing. Working on it though, but I can't complain too much ;)

Karren H
04-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Must be related because I've been crossdressing for 5 decades and I'm still waiting for this alledged arousal phase to kick in!! I think I'm stick in the "should havd been a nun" phase!! :D

KarenCDFL
04-23-2009, 04:13 PM
I have to agree with Lisa M. I am 51 also and I went through exactly the same thing.

NikkiBeth
04-23-2009, 04:17 PM
I too started before any type of arousal happened. When I started getting aroused, it made dressing different, it actually lessened my desire to dress. The arousal factor ended for me about 12 years ago, when I realized that there was a woman inside of me who needed to get out...and 12 years later she is out but now the woman inside is evolving.

tall sam
04-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Always get aroused when dressed - just the thought is arousing. But when I am dressed the arousal lessens and I actually then jsut enjoy being samantha. the arousal can soemtines ruin it but then again its part of what keeps me wanting more!

pamela_a
04-23-2009, 04:37 PM
When I started as a teen there was of course the initial arousal phase. As I got older the arousal became less and less until it's reached the point I'm at today where there is nothing special about it... it's just what I wear.

-Paula-

Miranda09
04-23-2009, 04:40 PM
It has a definite arousal factor figured in, but it also has a profound psychological effect as well. It's hard to explain, but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.

LadyMirabai
04-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Dunno...I get less aroused because I don't have the right 'equipment' for how I'm presenting myself. The only thing it does for me is make me happy.

Alice B
04-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey. I'm 67 now and still have some degree of arousal phase. If that ever goes away I'll know I'm finally dead.:eek:

Bluesman
04-23-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm 58 years old and I'm still aroused by dressing. If I wasn't, I don't think I would have any desire to CD.

Cary
04-23-2009, 06:30 PM
I will not lie. I still get some arousal from dressing, but it is not what it once was. Lately I've found that the more I dress, the less it is about arousal and more about being comfortable. I do believe that length and frequency of dressing makes a difference in phases.

dennisGTS
04-23-2009, 06:35 PM
It seems like many members of this forum have gone through two phases of crossdressing. The first phase was one in which the desire to dress was sexual excitement/arousal which was followed by one in which the desire was to feel "more comfortable" with oneself. For you, how long did the arousal phase last? Do you think the length is related to the frequency in which one dresses?

Um...yes ;)

Dragster
04-23-2009, 07:04 PM
I've been dressing for over 50 years, it was sexually arousing the first time (at about 12) and it still is. With a non-accepting wife, I don't get much opportunity to dress, and when I do, I wear corsets, suspenders, stockings, 5" heels, tight skirts etc. all the clothes I'd find erotic if my wife wore them, so maybe it's not surprising I'm still aroused by dressing.

Tony

charlie
04-23-2009, 07:18 PM
It takers to long doing the makeup to stay aroused now! Before I was just putting on nylons and a mini skirt and the arousal happened quickly. Now, by the time I'm finally dressed, it is time to go.

Bobbi Lynn
04-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Do Nuns play hocky?

Must be related because I've been crossdressing for 5 decades and I'm still waiting for this alledged arousal phase to kick in!! I think I'm stick in the "should havd been a nun" phase!! :D

Satin_Lover_13
04-23-2009, 10:43 PM
I have been dressing for a long time. The following is true for me:

1. The desire to feel soft while life is hard, arousal does happen but in a sensual way. I Enjoy the soft caresses that take place of a real person. I do peak but I prefer the excitement verses the climax.
A. 85% softness which always has arousal only leading to 14% climax. 1% is feeling pretty and wanting to be a lady.

Hope that helps,
Satin Lover

clive
04-23-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't know if it's so much a phase as it is a purpose. The arousal I get from CDing is the only reason I do it. If I didn't get so turned on by it, I wouldn't even bother.

Leslie Mary S
04-23-2009, 11:23 PM
I guess I am the exception to the rule.
I never, to my blotchy memory, went through the arousal phase. I first wanted to just see what it felt like to wear female clothes. I liked it. then I was sneaking an occasional wearing of while my sister's clothes while she was still at school. I did not have a real female figure in my life because mom and dad had divorced and I and my sister lived with dad (when he was home, he was a SAC refueler pilot).

Tiffany6791
04-23-2009, 11:30 PM
I usually have the arousal phase when I haven't dressed in a long time. Not sure why but it happens but usually goes away the more I dress.

JOJO44
04-24-2009, 12:08 AM
I guess I am the exception to the rule.
I never, to my blotchy memory, went through the arousal phase. I first wanted to just see what it felt like to wear female clothes. I liked it. then I was sneaking an occasional wearing of while my sister's clothes while she was still at school. I did not have a real female figure in my life because mom and dad had divorced and I and my sister lived with dad (when he was home, he was a SAC refueler pilot).

Move over Leslie.
I do not ever recall being aroused by the thought or the act of dressing. When I dress, I feel relaxed, comfortable, just natural. I enjoy being dressed, it makes me feel . . . natural. When I am out enfemme (I don't mix with people because of my size) I will go for a ride an stop along side the highway to look at road markers or parks or whatever. Some times cars honk and I enjoy the thought that someone saw a beautiful person (maybe they were aroused). For me, the act of dressing does not cause arousal but a relaxed and natural feeling of being a female.
Love,
Jo

KimberlyJo
04-24-2009, 12:36 AM
The dressing actually helps to curb my normally overactive libido. For the first time in my life, I feel like I have control of it instead of the other way around. :o

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-24-2009, 04:09 AM
...The first phase was one in which the desire to dress was sexual excitement/arousal which was followed by one in which the desire was to feel "more comfortable" with oneself... Do you think the length is related to the frequency in which one dresses?

For me, the first phase was actually just a strong desire to dress like a girl and be pretty. The sexual arousal aspect set in probably in my pre-teens or so. Of course, for a period of time, there was no bigger turn-on than wearing female clothes.

I do think the duration of time the "arousal period" lasts is directly related to how often one dresses. If the dressing is always centered around masturbation, and the clothes removed right after, it is likely the sexual-only nature of dressing will continue for a longer duration. If one remains dressed after taking care of business, and becomes accustomed to being dressed more often, it beings to feel natural, comfortable, and enjoyable on a non-arousing level.

I think it's up to the person how long a certain phase will last, at least to some extent. I think that the more frequently the clothes are worn, the shorter the duration of the arousal phase. That's my take on it, anyway.

Electra
04-24-2009, 04:43 AM
I had the desire to crossdress even before puberty and during but it was muted and in any case it couldn't have been fulfilled due to social constraints.

I started crossdressing in middle age and, yes, initially, a strong element of sexual arousal was involved, sometimes so intense that every time just after putting on the skirt, or even while in the act, I found I had to change the knickers. Now that I have been crossdressing for a long time, and also because I am older, this does not happen but there is some arousal all the same; otherwise I wouldn't be crossdressing, I think.

Jan W
04-24-2009, 06:00 AM
Renae,

Fair question I suppose.

In my own case I started well before puberty so the arousal faze was non existent. Don't know how that fits with your research but that is the way it was.

Jan

Sam-antha
04-24-2009, 07:27 AM
..... I'm still waiting for this alledged arousal phase to kick in!! I think I'm stick in the "should havd been a nun" phase!! :D

But Karren, I thought it was last year that you were in the "nun" phase.
There is also the thought of what one is going to do when one is finally dressed.....me I like to get out.
~Samm

Sakura Rini
04-24-2009, 07:38 AM
i started before the arousal phase becuase i like dressing like a girl, but the arousal phase hit me and hit me hard that i would get arousal just thinking about dressing up, seeing clothes i would like to wear and stuff like that.
im still going through the phase but it not as bad as before when i was younger when i would have to fix myself multiply times.
but thank god i have more control of myself these days, lol

Joy3
04-24-2009, 07:59 AM
I agree with Clive, however, I strongly suspect that if I could dress far more often then I now do, the arousel would be modified quite a bit. I feel this way because I also love the calming feeling I have when fully dressed and made up.

Joy

allisonrn06
04-24-2009, 08:05 AM
When I first started dressing I would get aroused all the time, even when thinking about it. I still do get aroused occasionally from it - mostly when I haven't been able to dress for a while, but it's not nearly as frequent as it used to be.

BillieJoe
04-24-2009, 08:51 AM
When I first started CDing it was a matter of curiosity. I had always had a deep desire to be a girl but never dreamed about putting girl's clothes on. I had many occassions when I was younger where others put me in girl's clothing. Then one year (5th grade) my mother asked if I wanted to go to school on Halloween dressed in a colonial style dress my older sister wore years ago. I thought it would be a hoot and agreed to do so. I asked if I should take my pants off while I was wearing the dress and I was told NO. I didn't think much of that at the time. One evening while I was home alone I got curious as to how that dress would have felt like if I wasn't wearing pants. I proceeded to try the dress on without pants. Cool. It really got me to thinking. I enjoyed my experience and I looked forward to trying more things on each time I had the house to myself. It progressed slowly and in stages. Then one night I thought to myself that I wanted to know what it was like to wear modern girl's clothes. I tried some of my older sister's clothes on. At this time there was no arousal. Then I tried a pencil skirt on. WOW! What an awakening! Throughout my teen years thats how I dressed and spent a lot of time 'aroused'. Then came the military and I had to purge all I had accumalated. Three years later when I got out I started to reassemble my 'collection'. No real arousal but a 'different' sort of release. Couldn't figure it out at the time. Still had a VERY strong desire to dress. Then marriage. No problem 'performing' in bed. Thirty five years later I am impotent but still have a strong desire to CD. Make sense to anyone?

laura.lapinski
04-24-2009, 09:11 AM
The sexual arousal part has never gone away for me.

Laura

cdterri
04-24-2009, 09:26 AM
always has and hopefully always will

susan2010
04-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Arrousal was always strong for me. I remember when I was 4 or 5, putting on my sister's petticoat. I was so arroused even at that age, years before realizing what was going on. Now, many years later, ifI can dress fairly frequently, I'm less likely to be arroused all the time.

2b.Lauren
04-24-2009, 10:47 AM
I actually went through three phases,

First, was pre-puberty and it contained no arousal. I just wanted to be a girl.

The second phase occurred during puberty and I still remember the first time I had an accident while getting dressed. I didn't really know what was happening. I had to go to the library and look up what had happened. I remember that it felt good and I remember reading that I shouldn't be ashamed by it but it also conflicted with what I was learning at Catholic school. I continued in this phase until my early 20's when I realized that I really felt that I was TS and that arousal with dressing conflicted with what we were supposed to say to the gatekeepers if you were thinking of transitioning in the late 70's and early 80's.

The third phase began when I began to dress again in my 30's when the sexual aspect seemed to completely disappear. I am 51 now and it just feels natural to dress and not have a real sexual component.

My experience exactly. I was very young when introduced to dressing. Starting at 8 there was no real sexual desire at all. I loved dressing like a girl and it matched what I thought was right on the inside, if that could even be the case at such a young age.

My dressing desires changed a great deal when I was in my teens and yes I dressed for the sexual thrill and desire. As I moved into my 20's even the clothes that I wore (primarily lingerie) reflected my sexual drives and desires. I guess like Picasso's blue period that was my Sexy period. I wore garters and stockings, anything that was sexy, in what I interprited as sexy I wore. It was also all driven and lead by climax. I then kind of faded out for a while. Like others have mentioned I just stopped dressing a great deal somewhere around 27 or so. Maybe underdressing but not much at all.

Now in my mid 40's I am actually dressing fully more often, and am less concerned about total sex appeal and more concerned about comfort and my enjoyment of matching up outside with in. I still love sexy lingerie (and who doesn't) but it is not always the clothes that make me feel more like a girl. I think that I have reached that great place of peace with my dressing and I just look forward to doing it more often and exploring deeper parts of it for myself. Like getting my makeup right, or walking better in high heels, finding that perfect dress or blouse, improving my voice, or being comfortable when and if I ever get to go out again. Dressing makes me smile and feel happy, that is what I like about this current phase most!

docrobbysherry
04-24-2009, 10:47 AM
That was after my divorce, in my 50's. The simple act of putting on ladies things re-awakened a sex drive I thot was gone, because of meds and my age!:brolleyes:

Now, over 11 years later, I almost always have "happy endings" when my lengthy, often physically stressful, and complicated dressing sessions r completed!:o

I KEEP WAITING FOR PHASE 2 to kick in!!:eek:

Marla
04-24-2009, 01:22 PM
I've been dressing for 40 yrs and am still aroused every time! Makes hiding it a bit difficult though.

Sam-antha
04-24-2009, 01:45 PM
........re-awakened a sex drive I thot was gone, because of meds and my age!:brolleyes:

That never goes, still have it...

~Samm

JaymeCD
04-24-2009, 01:51 PM
For me, the first phase was actually just a strong desire to dress like a girl and be pretty. The sexual arousal aspect set in probably in my pre-teens or so. Of course, for a period of time, there was no bigger turn-on than wearing female clothes.

I do think the duration of time the "arousal period" lasts is directly related to how often one dresses. If the dressing is always centered around masturbation, and the clothes removed right after, it is likely the sexual-only nature of dressing will continue for a longer duration. If one remains dressed after taking care of business, and becomes accustomed to being dressed more often, it beings to feel natural, comfortable, and enjoyable on a non-arousing level.

I think it's up to the person how long a certain phase will last, at least to some extent. I think that the more frequently the clothes are worn, the shorter the duration of the arousal phase. That's my take on it, anyway.

I think the thing no one really touched on is the difference between a fetish crossdresser and a person with a gender disorder.

I'm not sure if I worded it correctly, but someone who crossdresses for the thrill of getting off does it for that reason. I believe that they have no interest in transitioning, and will continue to wear woman's clothing for that reason or for comfort.

But someone who is transgendered believes they were born in the wrong body and want to be the opposite sex. They have plans to transition and don't find wearing clothes of the opposite sex arousal.

Just my 2 cents...

xAnne_Mariex
04-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Like a few others have said, to a certain extent I still get aroused by dressing but nowhere near as much as I used to.

It's more of a comfort thing now, at first it's a buzz and exciting but after i've settled down I relax and just enjoy being dressed up.

I'm actually quite glad it's passed tbh, I get more enjoyment out of it now than I ever used to.

Kate17
04-24-2009, 03:36 PM
The arousal disappeared when I stopped dressing just in Lingerie and started experiencing the woman in me. There is excitement that can lead to arousal if I let it but it is mostly an inner glow. I love being fem which I can be in my male mode. Now going out is a little different - that is adrenilin flowing through my veins. I am still in the "will they know? That is a diffeent kind of excitement. Then, once out and comfortable, I slip back into my inner glow and enjoy being the fem that I am.

Kate17

sharre
04-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Been dressing for 60 yrs or so and still get aroused at times. I can't dress to often but when I do, I can get aroused if I feel in the mood, if not, then just having something feminine on is still a great feeling.

melissaabom
04-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Hi
'
I just turned 55 ..I still get aroused ..panties etc .just like
when i first started a whopping 45 years ago

Missy

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-24-2009, 04:38 PM
I think the thing no one really touched on is the difference between a fetish crossdresser and a person with a gender disorder.

I'm not sure if I worded it correctly, but someone who crossdresses for the thrill of getting off does it for that reason. I believe that they have no interest in transitioning, and will continue to wear woman's clothing for that reason or for comfort.

But someone who is transgendered believes they were born in the wrong body and want to be the opposite sex. They have plans to transition and don't find wearing clothes of the opposite sex arousal.

Just my 2 cents...

Interesting.

I'm not entirely certain about the "transgendered" definition - I've seen it used in a variety of ways. I consider myself transgendered, though I do not want SRS and I'm happy being able to switch between guy-mode and girl-mode at will. Not born in the wrong body - just in the wrong society. ;) I'm only a part-time t-girl.

I understand about the fetish dressers though. For some, dressing is all about the sexual arousal. But I think it's safe to say that for most of us, there was a time when dressing was big turn-on. Some move beyond that while others prefer dressing as a device of arousal only, I guess you could say.

MissConstrued
04-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Interesting question. Being that I started well before puberty, I can't say that sexual arousal was the reason for it. But that component came on strong my teenage years, and lasted until the first time I made it with a girlfriend in my early 20's. Way better!

So now when I get dressed up, what I feel is sexy... randy... and looking for the nearest female with a pulse. I might be the horniest lesbian around. :D So masturbation, then, is sort of pointless. But overall, it's just an all-over good feeling... looking pretty makes me happy, calm, excited all at once.

That all makes no sense, I suppose....

msginaadoll
04-24-2009, 04:49 PM
I also started wanting to dress and be a girl long before I knew what arousal was- at least by 9, probably before. I did go throught the arousal stage for a bit, even hoped if I pleasured myself enuff the feelings and need would go away. I still do get feelings of arousal when I dress but it goes way beyond that now. I guess I feel that I am the person I was meant to be when Im dressed. Along with that has become the desire to dress more like a woman my age, though do like to dress pretty and less the need to look like a ****. And in no way do I mean to offend any ****s! I still get the hootchie mama look at times, guess I havent matured too much.

phballet
04-24-2009, 07:49 PM
well for me its always been arousing to crossdress. it starts when i get my girl stuff ready for my "transformation" and fades slowly cuz i take so long to do my make-up. after everything is over and i am fully dressed its still a rush that i feel.

of course it doesn't help if i decide to dress in my ballet clothes....:>

LeotardMan
04-27-2009, 01:21 AM
I still get very aroused when I CD and I have been CD for 20 years

Violetgray
04-27-2009, 06:38 AM

Just my 2 cents...

This is exactly what I thought, but a TS friend of mine has proven me wrong. She's on hormones and has been living as a woman full-time for a year now, and she did go through the arousal phase.

There is also the "autogynephilic" transsexual as the opposed to the "homosexual" transsexual. I personally don't buy into these theories, but I do note that the one category recognizes a pattern of people who transition that are aroused by the notion of being a woman.

Angie G
04-27-2009, 07:04 AM
I never really went through an arousal phase to me it been just wanting to be a girl.:hugs:
Angie

sandrastackings
04-27-2009, 01:15 PM
At first it was always arousing no matter what I would wear. As time went on it was the more sexier items that aoused me. I would hate to feel that that the sexual excitement would disappear all together.

ginasissy
04-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Samantha, I know what you mean when I have my tights on and there is a pink satin and tulle tutu and pink satin pointe shoes I feel so aroused

gina