PDA

View Full Version : I'm a member of a slimming group, where I am the only male

heathr1
06-30-2005, 02:56 PM
among 40 or more women.

At a recent meeting, the woman who runs the group suggested that members bring in clothes that they wore when they weighed more and compare them with the size of clothing that they wear now to show how well they'd done and to maximise encouragement.

Another suggested maybe swapping clothes that were lightly worn or never worn, from those that members bring.

It then raised a laugh and a few jokes when a few of the women pointed out I'm the only man in the group.

Several months ago, one woman said that when she loses the weight she aims for, in the time she aims for, she treats herself to something small and inexpensive like a lipstick, or nail polish.

The woman who runs the group jokingly asked when I last treated myself to a lipstick.

Do GGs who do not know about you ever joke about it, bot knowing how right they are?

Wendy me
06-30-2005, 03:14 PM
i think thay just might be just haveing fun with you play anong and have some fun but just something to think abought if you play along to mutch you could out yourselfe.....

Tristen Cox
06-30-2005, 03:20 PM
Do GGs who do not know about you ever joke about it, bot knowing how right they are?
Eh? :confused:

heathr1
06-30-2005, 03:27 PM
GGs who do not know about your CDing jokingly suggest dressing you up?

Rachel_740
06-30-2005, 03:30 PM

My last GF used to joke occasionally when we were looking at lingerie for her. I saw her on MSN messenger a few weeks ago and told her I'd transitioned. I don't think she believed me at first.

Just before I announced my transition at work one of the guys in the dept. made a comment to me about my girlie nails - I was really happy :thumbsup:

Anne

Tristen Cox
06-30-2005, 03:52 PM
GGs who do not know about your CDing jokingly suggest dressing you up?
Ah Okay. Not me personally but there was a guy at work.... nevermind :p

Lulie GG
06-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Hi

Since finding out about my hubbys cding about 6 weeks ago I have become aware of little remarks that my daughters make, aged 10 and 14, like Daddy can join in our girly night, poor Daddy won't get a gypsy skirt (which we the girls have decided to buy oursleves) and other innocent remarks, my elder daughter also noticed his longer nails.

He has since told me that remarks I had made in the recent past made him wonder what I knew. As it happened I didn't.

Lulie

Julie
06-30-2005, 04:01 PM
The woman who runs the group jokingly asked when I last treated myself to a lipstick.

I would have gone into feminine mode and 'joked' right back and even embellished on it, "Oh yes! I just bought this hot pink lipstick and matching nail polish! It looks fab!"

I've done that before with women who didn't know and with women who did know. It's more fun when they know.

uknowhoo
06-30-2005, 05:45 PM
Heathr, I can see how a few innocent comments like those you've experienced would easily come up in that context. Something similar has happened to me once or thrice over the years. I certainly wouldn't assume or suspect that any of your slimming GGs friends are "on to you."
Like Julie suggested, if it happens again, have some fun with it!
Good luck.

JoAnnDallas
06-30-2005, 06:05 PM
I remember one xmas and my brother-in-law and nephew got into a argument. I went up and in a fem manner, said something like "OK girls, no more fighting over here". My brother-in-law looks at me for a moment and then the most perfect gay manner and voice, stated in on me. Well this got me wilded and returned the comments en femm, and all of a sudden both his wife and mine, started rolling thier eyes and a comment was made that they could not takes anywhere without casuing a Scene.

Dragster
06-30-2005, 07:20 PM
I've just had an operation to straighten my left big toe and get rid of a bunion(right one is scheduled next year). The surgeon really did tell me the condition was rare in men, but common in women who frequently wear high heels with pointed toes. I do wear heels, but nowhere near enough to cause this problem, but I've had great fun re-telling this story to many people, and listening them say "Oh, he found your guilty secret then!" When I agreed with them, no one took me seriously; if only they knew it was the truth!

Tony

JoAnnDallas
06-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Some years ago, I had bone spurs removed from the back of both heels. I remember the doctor making the same comment that normally only women would developed bone spurs like I had and only from wearing high heels over a period of years. this was back when I was single and I was heavy into house/nighttime CDing and did wear high heels whenever I was at home. SO I guess in my case, mabey it was the cause????

pattysue
06-30-2005, 10:11 PM
I had a GG cousin comment on my wife’s toenails. Her and her daughter were so amazed that I had done my wife’s French nails again this year so well. Her comment was "(insert name here), you’re such a girl." I kind of liked that, if only she knew.

CharleneCD
06-30-2005, 10:14 PM
After working many years in a female dominated field, I can definitely say that when you are one of the lone guys around comments like that will be made. They are just comfortable with you and having fun.

MistyCD
07-01-2005, 08:01 AM
among 40 or more women.

At a recent meeting, the woman who runs the group suggested that members bring in clothes that they wore when they weighed more and compare them with the size of clothing that they wear now to show how well they'd done and to maximise encouragement.

Another suggested maybe swapping clothes that were lightly worn or never worn, from those that members bring.

It then raised a laugh and a few jokes when a few of the women pointed out I'm the only man in the group.

Several months ago, one woman said that when she loses the weight she aims for, in the time she aims for, she treats herself to something small and inexpensive like a lipstick, or nail polish.

Maybe you should come to the class wearing leotards, tights and high heels !!!

heathr1
07-23-2005, 09:48 AM
I was not there this week and she told me that a few of the women, for a laugh, actually picked out a gipsy top and said they'd like to see me in it.

The woman I chatted with apparently told them to stop being unkind towards me.

Unkind!.....Maybe if it is actually GGs like they are getting me to dress, my enthusiasm may return.

I'm going next week.