PDA

View Full Version : What women say

Magickman
04-23-2009, 09:30 PM
You might find this amusing. I certainly do.

Here is something that has happened to me repeatedly. Quite a few times, in fact.

Women who I don't know approach me when I am dressed. They say, "You look better in a skirt than I do." The language of their comments is remarkably consistent, and hardly varies at all. The women are quite pleasant, and not sarcastic.

I just smile and say, "Thank you."

Like anyone else, I appreciate a compliment. But I wonder if there is something of a deeper meaning in what these women say.

What do you think about this? Is there something here that I am missing? Or do I simply look good in a skirt?

By the way, I favor rather tight skirt styles, that hug my hips and thighs.

TxKimberly
04-23-2009, 09:44 PM
I've got that one a few times too . . . and comments on shoes.
If I had to guess, I'd say that they want to say something to us, some thing to show that they think we are all right, something to say that they are cool and sophisticated and willing to talk to a cross dresser. In seeking a topic they fall back to legs and shoes.

wendiwoman
04-23-2009, 09:56 PM
I believe that it is the conversation itself that is relevant, not the actual subject. I find genetic women coming up to me often, making a compliment about my clothes, my makeup, or even my hat. I always thank them, and tell them that I appreciate their comment.

What I think is really going on is that some women appreciate us, and they acknowledge us by making a random compliment.

It is wonderful when it happens, and always brightens my day.

Wendi

gretchenD
04-23-2009, 10:34 PM
I get it by women too and some get jealous.I was shopping today for a sexy black dress,a woman about my age side said I looked better in the same dress she was trying on

Persephone
04-23-2009, 11:06 PM
I agree with the others so far (Kimberly, Wendi, Gretchen).

Women often open conversations with other women, including strangers, by giving them a compliment. And typically the compliment will be more "that looks so good on you" than it will be just "that looks so good."

By saying it to you, in the form that they are, they are recognizing you as a crossdresser and trying to appropriately invite you into a dialog.

The customary woman-to-woman response would typically include:

"Thank you!" then some tag back to where you got it (sharing), "I got it at Macy's on sale" or "I've had it for a long time, I can't even remember where I got it" then involving her by either asking a question or replying with a compliment, "Do you think it is just a little too short/long?" or "That's so funny, I was just going to tell you how great your dress/purse/earrings looked on you."

Lorileah
04-23-2009, 11:15 PM
All the above is true but one fact remains, you are not married to them and you are not a threat to them. You are a curiosity and they want a closer look. They would be less likely to compliment a strange woman in the same manner.

It's official I am a curmudgeon

Intertwined
04-23-2009, 11:19 PM
I've got that one a few times too . . . and comments on shoes.
If I had to guess, I'd say that they want to say something to us, some thing to show that they think we are all right, something to say that they are cool and sophisticated and willing to talk to a cross dresser. In seeking a topic they fall back to legs and shoes.

I Agree 100% Kimberly :thumbup:

What I think is really going on is that some women appreciate us, and they acknowledge us by making a random compliment.

It is wonderful when it happens, and always brightens my day.

Wendi

Not only that, but, A woman recognizes the effort that went into trying too look good in women's attire.

"Thank you!" then some tag back to where you got it (sharing), "I got it at Macy's on sale" or "I've had it for a long time, I can't even remember where I got it" then involving her by either asking a question or replying with a compliment, "Do you think it is just a little too short/long?" or "That's so funny, I was just going to tell you how great your dress/purse/earrings looked on you."

Great advice, I usually start by trying to find something to compliment them on.

I've had conversations started about my purse or skirt, but, usually its " You get around better on those heels than I do ", I usually wear a 5 inch heel

Michelia
04-24-2009, 03:10 AM
I get the same, but it is always my legs. They say "you have better legs than I do!" At least that is what I used to get until I changed my hair style. Now I also get it on my hair. I also get asked out quite a bit. Which NEVER happens in guy mode.

Satrana
04-24-2009, 05:25 AM
It is somewhat more than a customary remark though because you are the one wearing the skirt/dress whereas they are most likely in pants. So they recognize the extra effort involved in appearing more feminine. It is also a reflection on women's dressing habits and body issues. Many women are reluctant to reveal their legs because they do not match up to the high ideals of beauty. Hence it is a remark about your bravery to show off your legs.

If you were an actual GG then the compliment would most likely be directed towards your hair, handbag, shoes etc.

As men we do not normally compliment women because that is usually reserved as a seduction routibne. But en femme you should feel comfortable complimenting women without them thinking you are hitting on them.

Karren H
04-24-2009, 05:56 AM
That's awesome.... never experienced that yet....

Teresa Macaw
04-24-2009, 06:32 AM
Yes me too. Have gotten comments about toes, hands, clothes, etc. I was at the doc Thursday & forgot to remove my toe nail polish & the lady gave me the strangest look & said she'd seen most things but never a man with painted toes. Told her my daughter did it as a joke, did she believe??? She said she loved the color, just not on me & that my feet looked better than hers. The joy of being a Tgirl LOL.

Sarah_GG
04-24-2009, 06:36 AM
It's a physiological fact that my GM SO has better legs and a firmer bottom than me. I, like many GGs, have a layer of subcutaneous fat that tends to cellulite and flab. My SO has muscle tone and no excess fat (something I've noticed even in overweight GMs) on his legs or bottom. Therefore my CDing SO does look better in certain clothes - tight skirts, leggings, tight jeans, mini skirts, sexy knickers etc than I do (although obviously I do still look fantastic!).

The other thing I've noticed is that my SO might wear something I'd never think of wearing in colours I'd never wear and lengths I'm far too demure for! When I see a look come together I am on occasion very slightly jealous in a non-jealous sort of way.

I don't believe the compliments are sarcastic, just well-meant, so do enjoy them.

:)

Teri Jean
04-24-2009, 06:42 AM
I get this now and then, whether it is the outfit or makeup, and it does make you feel good. I try to compliment women when I see them try to look good also.

Keli

TJ Tresa
04-24-2009, 06:57 AM
All the above is true but one fact remains, you are not married to them and you are not a threat to them. You are a curiosity and they want a closer look. They would be less likely to compliment a strange woman in the same manner.

I am in agreement, yet one other fact remains.
Most women have something about themsleves that they are not pleased with; legs, hips, facial features, waist, hair, etc. .
Women also use these type of commits to break the ice for friendship. So I would say, for those of you who have the courage to go out in puplic to accept these commits as they are intended and that would be compliments.

CharlotteW
04-24-2009, 07:08 AM
I haven't been out enough to collect such lovely comments but my wife insists I have better legs thatn her. On the few occasions that I have been out, I have received the usual "oh wow! [jaw drops and fingers on cheeks] you look amazing" so I guess I should be happy about that.

karynspanties
04-24-2009, 07:23 AM
I have had a few nice comments from women while out shopping, more from men though. I will say, I have had more positive reactions/comments than negative. It really is a confidence booster when you here one from a woman. Men.....they just want to get into your panties.

cindym5_04
04-24-2009, 07:52 AM
My wife tells me that I look better in skirts than she does. Does that count? She really doesn't like her legs.

At this one place that I used to work at, we could wear shorts during the summer. A couple of women that worked there and a couple of gay guys that worked there used to say to me "you have really nice legs for a girl". I would just say thank you. None of them knew about by crossdressing.

Leslie Langford
04-25-2009, 12:07 AM
I have yet to experience a negative reaction when out "en femme", and I ascribe this largely to the care I take in dressing both stylishly and age-appropriately while conducting myself in a lady-like manner out in public.

Even when I am "read", I get the sense that GG's appreciate the fact that I have done my utmost to emulate them rather than come across as a mockery of them or a caricature.

I am often better dressed than they are, and I am sure that irony is not lost on those SA's in women's clothing stores who are typically in pants, jeans, tee's and runners, whereas I invariably wear dresses, skirts, hose, and heels i.e. more in line with what is considered traditional female apparel compared with what they are wearing. This seems to create some sort of sub-conscious bond, with me being treated as an "honorary" GG during the time that I am interacting with them.

I really can't put a finger on this or give a concrete example of what I am talking about - it is more of a vibe that they give off which hints that they appear to be genuinely intrigued with me rather than being put off, and they seem to go out of their way to be nice and make me fell comfortable within their environment. And I believe that this has a lot to do with a kind of subliminal kinship which may be related to the underdog/victim type of bonding one sees in the "Stockholm Syndrome" which occurs in some hostage taking incidents.

Whatever the reason, it certainly adds to the enjoyment of my shopping trips "en femme", and I now look forward to interacting with SA's and fellow women shoppers as the occasion arises, rather than being terrified by the prospect as was the case when I first began going out in public.

vivianann
04-25-2009, 12:52 AM
The one thing I look forward to is the GG's coming up to me and making wonderful comments about my clothes, legs, hair or whatever they liked about my appearance, to me GG's naturally notice things about other women, and us as crossdressers since we are wearing feminine attire, and women always say nice things about what appeals to them, that is one of the many things I appreciate about GG's. We need to take lessons from the GG's about saying nice things to other peaple.

Carly D.
04-25-2009, 09:54 AM
If that wear to ever happen to me.. I don't know what I would do.. probably float away...

JoAnne Wheeler
04-25-2009, 12:11 PM
After reading all of your posts, I think they are all relevant and meaningful,

but I have to agree with Lorileah. GGs are interested in actually seeing a guy

in a dress who has the guts to be out in public. The compliments/conversation

may just be an ice breaker to check us out closer - they may compliment us,

and be amused by us, but deep down, they would not want to be married to

us.

JoAnne Wheeler

Melinda G
04-27-2009, 01:12 AM
It's not hard to look better than real women these days. :eek:

PrettyFlowingGown
04-27-2009, 04:53 AM
I've heard it from ladies the both times I've been out so far. On my first night out a GG came up to me and said "Thats a very beautiful dress you are wearing, but if I bought one it probably would'nt look as good on me as it does on you". I was speechless after that, and on saturday night I was wearing a long flowing gypsey skirt, and a GG said to me "You look so pretty in the skirt, I wish I could look as you when I go out".

Magickman
04-27-2009, 10:33 AM
JoAnne Wheeler wrote:

"The compliments/conversation may just be an ice breaker..."

YES!!!

But take one step back.

My outfits are devices to break the ice. What woman will not be curious about the man in a skirt and heels? Without my having to do much at all, I have found a means to get women to approach me and initiate conversational exchange.

Since I am a little shy, by nature, this is my way to bring the women to me. And... it works.

Shelly Preston
04-27-2009, 11:10 AM

Hi Melinda

How you think this will help

I don't know how you think we can look better than real women that's an impossible task We can look different but not better

I am sorry but "Better" gives the impression you are very judgemental of how women dress

I hope this is not the case ?

Phyliss Hdson
04-27-2009, 12:56 PM
I too have had coments from GG's telling me how nice I look, my shoes, my hair(wig),etc. Once they engage in conversation with me they are amazed to find out that I am not gay and not out to pick up dates, I simply dress up because I enyoy it and it makes me feel good.
I always make sure I thank them for their comments, and return the favor.
Hugs Phyliss

jenna_woods
04-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Yes I have gotten comments on my shoes legs and skirts, and justtelling me I look great.I think they just want to chat, but anway I enjoy it.

Erica K.
04-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Just curious...
when you respond back, are you using a male or female voice?

Intertwined
04-27-2009, 11:09 PM
My outfits are devices to break the ice. What woman will not be curious about the man in a skirt and heels? Without my having to do much at all, I have found a means to get women to approach me and initiate conversational exchange.

Since I am a little shy, by nature, this is my way to bring the women to me. And... it works.

You say "What woman will not be curious " but also "What man will not be curious " the difference, a man will not come up to you and start a conversation because he is worried about his own Masculinity being seen talking to a guy in a skirt and heels. :2c:

Ruth
04-28-2009, 02:58 PM
I think Sarah GG hit the nail on the head. Many women are unhappy with their shape around the hip area. (You must have heard "Does my bum look big in this?")
It's funny because it's that area that very often we CDers want to emphasise, because we feel we don't have enough down there. Yet our outline is what woman would actually want.
There's something not quite adding up here.

Paulette
04-28-2009, 08:58 PM
I was at a club last Saturday night and went to ladies room and I know everyone will find it hard to believe but there was a line. Taking my place the conversation started about how there were too few toilets. The three of us waiting made small talk and the girl in the stall even joined in, she finished her business and came out. The first thing she said was I like your dress, I just love polka dot prints. I realized that she was talking about me as I was the only one wearing a pink dress. I thanked her for the compliment and she came over and gave me a couple of air kisses on the cheeks as she was leaving. This was my night because as I was using the hand dryer another GG mentioned she liked my dress and as I was walking to my car one of the boys said nice dress mama (since I was the only woman around I am taking that compliment for me).

Carla5148
04-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Sounds to me like you are handling it very well. It's a compliment and take it as such. I guess you can spin some kind of negative out of it, but let's keep on the high ground.:)

ReineD
04-28-2009, 11:29 PM
My compliments to CDers are heartfelt, and they are more than an acknowledgment of an aspect of their appearance I find is 'superior' than or 'equal' to mine or the average GG, even though this is often the case. :) Deep down I believe it to be more like a secret handshake .. a welcoming into the fold. All women are my sisters, no matter their birth gender.
:hugs:

ambe96
04-29-2009, 12:08 AM
We really mean it! Ive said that several times to either my SO, drag queens, or other CD's. For me, Im not going to lie, its jealousy. I wish my legs could look good in a skirt. I wish my ass could fit in a tiny black dress! Basically I wanna be like you! lol If you got it, flaunt it and work it! I would if I could!

Presh GG
04-29-2009, 12:31 AM
We as women TALK to each other, in a store , at the bus stop , in line anywhere and everywhere. It's what we do . No hidden agenda !
Welcome to our world !

Melinda, shame on You !!!

springtime gg s/o , AND PROUD OF IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barbie1970
04-29-2009, 02:46 AM
I usally get, "I would love to have your legs and you walk better in heels than I do"......I get it from my friends and wife

faltenrock
04-29-2009, 03:48 AM
This is all true, even though, I'm sometimes a little confused when I receive compliments from GG's. Last year, I was in the US for 6 weeks and drove a lot on business with a rental car. I dressed a lot and went to big stores like Macy's and JCP. When I tried on my little skirts, I got compliments on my look almost every time from the sales women. They were rather younge - a lot younger than me and would probably wear short skirts too.
However I really enjoy and appreciate comments by GG's. I don't care about men, many of them say something nice, perhaps they don't always read me as a CD.

Nicole Erin
04-29-2009, 09:39 AM
If people are sincere it is easy to tell in their voice.

Deb The Brunette
04-29-2009, 10:15 AM
I on occasions get compliments from strange women (Strange as in unknown lol)...but the greatest compliment I get is from gg friends wanting to borrow my clothes

Lorileah
04-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Now come on, JoAnne, how could you know that? Do you go proposing to every woman you meet?

Katie, I make proposals to every woman I meet, keeps my cheeks rosy ;)

But I agree with Joanne, most of the women like to talk to us, even maybe hang with us, but when it comes to long term commitments they don't want a guy who dresses like a girl, they want the guy who stomps spiders (See fear posts ;)) and belches, scratches and can build an addition out of scrap wood. Not all but a good majority. Luckily in this forum we have the GG's who take us for what we are.

Taylor186
06-23-2009, 09:16 AM
...Women often open conversations with other women, including strangers, by giving them a compliment... "

Yes that's my wife's position on this topic, and often my experience when out dressed.

MissConstrued
06-23-2009, 02:59 PM
they don't want a guy who dresses like a girl, they want the guy who stomps spiders (See fear posts ;)) and belches, scratches and can build an addition out of scrap wood.

Hmm. I stomp spiders, build additions, kill wild animals, belch and scratch with the best of them, and dress like a girl.

Obviously, I am the Perfect Man.

Oh, and did I mention, humble? :D

Tamara Croft
06-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Oh, and did I mention, humble? :DYou forgot pain in the butt :raspp:

suchacutie
06-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Oh dear Lorileah. Have you shifted gears, hun? I still think that the women who know who/what we are know that we can do both! Heck, sometimes I stomp those spiders and sometime I stab them with my spiked heels!

Versatility!

ROFL!!!!

As to this thread, it is easier for us to have tight legs and butts...so why do we go around trying to pad our butts??? Maybe we should look at this all over again :)

tina

Ruth
06-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Ah but this is where it gets complicated. We want to look like women look like, not like what they want to look like. Try saying that after a few beers.

linnea
06-23-2009, 05:59 PM
I agree with the others so far (Kimberly, Wendi, Gretchen).

Women often open conversations with other women, including strangers, by giving them a compliment. And typically the compliment will be more "that looks so good on you" than it will be just "that looks so good."

By saying it to you, in the form that they are, they are recognizing you as a crossdresser and trying to appropriately invite you into a dialog.

Oh, yes, very good points and good advice.

Tamara Croft
06-23-2009, 06:24 PM
It's not hard to look better than real women these days. :eek:You think you look better than a real woman? don't want to burst your bubble, but go look in the mirror... oh and if you think this is insulting, so was your post!

LA CINDY LOVE
06-23-2009, 08:44 PM

Sorry not buying that.

After reading all of your posts, I think they are all relevant and meaningful,

but I have to agree with Lorileah. GGs are interested in actually seeing a guy

in a dress who has the guts to be out in public. The compliments/conversation

may just be an ice breaker to check us out closer - they may compliment us,

and be amused by us, but deep down, they would not want to be married to

us.

JoAnne Wheeler

Sorry still not buying that.

What you are saying is pure BS.....how many stop lights are in your town...1.

My compliments to CDers are heartfelt, and they are more than an acknowledgment of an aspect of their appearance I find is 'superior' than or 'equal' to mine or the average GG, even though this is often the case. :) Deep down I believe it to be more like a secret handshake .. a welcoming into the fold. All women are my sisters, no matter their birth gender.
:hugs:

Many of us have had a GG come up to us and give us a very nice compliment
no woman is going to wast her time out of curiosity just to give us a compliment.......if it is just curiosity a woman has a way of doing that across the room.

We really mean it! Ive said that several times to either my SO, drag queens, or other CD's. For me, Im not going to lie, its jealousy. I wish my legs could look good in a skirt. I wish my ass could fit in a tiny black dress! Basically I wanna be like you! lol If you got it, flaunt it and work it! I would if I could!

When a woman goes out of her way to give you a complement she means it
there is something that caught her eye that she admires

We as women TALK to each other, in a store , at the bus stop , in line anywhere and everywhere. It's what we do . No hidden agenda !
Welcome to our world !

Melinda, shame on You !!!

springtime gg s/o , AND PROUD OF IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So true.

LA CINDY LOVE

lottarosie70
06-23-2009, 10:34 PM
i have only dressed publicly a couple times...for halloween and other "costume" type situations...and to this day (years later) i still have women friend telling me i look great in heels. i love to hear that...gives me a warm glow. of course not everyone is good at expressing these sentiments...i had one young woman (as we walked down the halls at my work, her in sneakers, me in 4 inch heels) "can you walk in those?" :eek: note that she didn't say "how can you walk in those?" or any such thing...she actually asked me IF i was capable of doing what i was in fact doing at that moment. ahh, youth. still made me happy, though, knowing i made an impression. in fact i ran into someone six months later who had only seen me that halloween, and she also complimented me on the way i had looked. (my avatar pic is from that halloween.)