PDA

View Full Version : All Dressed Up, But I Can't Go Out!

Marissa Mae
04-24-2009, 05:19 PM
:doh: Friday night!!! All dressed up, in my new "LBD" (little black dress), new bra, and sexy strappy heels, and as soon as my gf gets out of the shower......... yeah, have to change back into Blah Mode :cry: It's such a beautiful afternoon, and I suspect it's going to be a gorgeous night, and I SOOOOOO want to go out on the town in my cute dress and heels, with my purse tucked under my arm, the breeze blowing through my now long hair :daydreaming: Stop at a bar, grab a cocktail, enjoy the night, chit chat with my gf. Freshen up in the ladies room, complain about sore feet while at the same time drooling over my shoes. And on and on and on...

But no... I get to slip out of these delightful clothes and don the usual tennis shoes, t-shirt and shorts. Yay. :brolleyes: Wait, she is in the shower now... I could run out the door and she wouldn't know I was gone until she came down after drying her hair, applying makeup, choosing her clothes etc... should I do it?!:devil:

I think my favorite part about dressing up is when you stop and dream a little about just being able to "GO" and not worry. I love the feeling of getting ready, the anticipation of going out on the town in your best outfit. Just blending in, acting normal, enjoying life being "ME" for just a while. Maybe tomorrow night? :tongueout

Anyone else on "borrowed time"? Dressed, and just hoping that the opportunity to present itself to go out en-femme, but knowing that fun time will be over within a short period of time? To those of you who have the luxury of going whenever, I envy you!

sissystephanie
04-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Why not just tell her you want to go out as her "girl" friend instead of always being her boyfriend? Maybe she will like it!

Marissa Mae
04-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Ohhhhh I just tried! I extolled upon her how happy I am, and how great it would be to be out as Marissa on a Friday evening :daydreaming: she won't have it. She sits there and though she says she is in a good mood, she doesn't talk to me. So to loosen her up, I make her a drink, and she again goes negative "I thought we weren't going to drink, did you forget about that?" :( Yeah, she is no fun. I am this close || from going out on my own. It'd be great to have her along, if she didn't try to bring me down every chance she got.

kristinacd55
04-24-2009, 06:31 PM
I hear ya Marissa, that's the way it is with me. Seems I'm always changing into boydom except for my panties & maybe painted toes! Wait! I had to undo them today because it's going up to 90 tomorrow! Oh well, someday....:daydreaming:

Marissa Mae
04-24-2009, 09:45 PM
I hear ya Marissa, that's the way it is with me. Seems I'm always changing into boydom except for my panties & maybe painted toes! Wait! I had to undo them today because it's going up to 90 tomorrow! Oh well, someday....:daydreaming:

You too?! Gah, yeah, flip flop weather is here, can't have painted toe nails as a guy, of course. And my chance to shave/epilate/nair my legs has passed, looks like I have to wait for cold weather again. :brolleyes: Such a crock sometimes.

windycissy
04-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Girl, get a grip! It's your life, shave your legs if you want to...this is 2009, male body hair is so yesterday...and if your girlfriend won't join you, head out on your own, there's a big wide world out there just waiting for you!

Renee_B
04-24-2009, 11:48 PM
I hesitate to suggest this, but there are a few pretty safe bars and clubs to go to dressed on a Friday night. A good start might be Freddies in Arlington!

Marissa Mae
04-25-2009, 05:57 AM
Girl, get a grip! It's your life, shave your legs if you want to...this is 2009, male body hair is so yesterday...and if your girlfriend won't join you, head out on your own, there's a big wide world out there just waiting for you!

I am about to say "F it!" and just eliminate my leg hair tonight, and go out. I was pretty upset last night, and told her that I was tired of being brought down by her every time I even hinted at wanting to dress, or heaven forbid, go out dressed :eek: So tonight is my night.

I hesitate to suggest this, but there are a few pretty safe bars and clubs to go to dressed on a Friday night. A good start might be Freddies in Arlington!

Thats my fave place at the moment :D Except a bartender there is a co-worker of mine from the Drab World, and they don't know I dress. Gotta be careful when in a dress! Are you planning on making a trip out tonight?

Angie G
04-25-2009, 06:14 AM
Some times a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do Marissa think about it hun. You have to love your life to be happy and it dosen't sound like your happy.:hugs:
Angie

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-25-2009, 07:53 AM
Some times a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do Marissa think about it hun. You have to love your life to be happy and it dosen't sound like your happy.:hugs:

I agree.

If someone is restricting your freedom, perhaps you'd better reassess who is in control of your life and why.

If you want to shave, then SHAVE! I used to be very self-conscious about my shaved legs (and now completely shaved body), but no one has ever said a thing about it. I hate body hair and I used to have plenty of it, but no more! :) My doctors have never said anything. Not a word from any family member. My co-workers have never said anything. Never got a funny look from anyone, period... well, at least not because of my body shaving.

If anyone were to question my body shaving, I'd tell them it was itchy and I hate body hair. If they laughed, I'd laugh with them and then make fun of their body hair. :heehee: I doubt anyone would ever actually give me a hard time about it. There is no reason to.

My toenails are almost always painted. Black is my preferred color (and favorite). Paint yours if you want to. A little nail polish remover does the trick when you need to expose your toes.

Your frustration seems to come from all the restrictions in your life. What is really restricting you? Don't answer me that, just do what you need to do to LIVE a little. :)

Karren H
04-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Awww! That really sucks!!

docrobbysherry
04-25-2009, 11:11 AM
U WILL go out dressed. :D
One day, U WILL be able to indulge your every CD whim!:eek:

Don't be in such a hurry! Take what life gives u! U have ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD!:)

Just remember one thing, once the toothpaste is out of the tube, u can't get it back in again!:brolleyes:

MissConstrued
04-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Gah, yeah, flip flop weather is here, can't have painted toe nails as a guy, of course.

WTF? Why not?

Right now I'm sporting purple... and there will be color on my toes all flip-flop season.

Just about any gal would rather see polish on your toenails, than what guys' toenails usually look like!

Don't be a wuss.

Marissa Mae
04-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Angie

When it comes to being able to do whatever I want sometimes, yeah, I am not happy. I realize I may not be able to ever dress 100% of the time, or work on my car 100% of the time, or play
video games 100% of the time, but DAMMIT, when I have my time, don't attempt to say what is and isn't "right". If I choose to go out tonight as Marissa, that's that... when she says negative things or tries to stop me, it makes me angry, but if I do what she wants, she is oh-so-happy! Of course!

I am disgruntled at the moment, and I have no idea what to do about it. I wish I had the wiggle room to just do whatever I wanted to do, but the repercussions wouldn't justify giving up what I have (life, job, gf etc..). This sucks.

Phyliss Hdson
04-25-2009, 08:22 PM
I run in to that problem occasionally because it is a 30 minute drive for me to get most places I know I can go and I always want to stay late which cause problems at home. My wife wont go to sleep til I get home and alot of times she has to get up early the next day for work. So somtimes I stay home. Though my wife wont go out with me when I am dressed she does let me go out as long as I let her know ahead of time that I am going. She doen't nessacerily understand or approve, but she does allow me to be me.
Hugs Phyliss

Renee_B
04-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Thats my fave place at the moment :D Except a bartender there is a co-worker of mine from the Drab World, and they don't know I dress. Gotta be careful when in a dress! Are you planning on making a trip out tonight?

Oh not tonight, but soon. Sundays they have a drag show that's really a lot of fun. I don't know when I'll make it there next, but when I do I will leave mail on here :)

DonnaT
04-26-2009, 08:35 AM

Seems to be about the only gay bar/diner in N. VA to go to, but last time I was there, the only T-girls were in my group when we went for a meal.

Most go into DC, Dupont Circle.

Marissa Mae
04-26-2009, 09:16 AM
Well, I couldn't go out last night... my gf had to go to a friend's B-Day night out, and of course asked me to go. I said "No", but she gently reminded me that her friend was at my B-day party (among 15 others that showed), and that it would be proper for me to go. So again, she finds another reason for Marissa to not go out. I told her next weekend not to expect me to comply with her tactics, that it's my time!

Seems to be about the only gay bar/diner in N. VA to go to, but last time I was there, the only T-girls were in my group when we went for a meal.

Most go into DC, Dupont Circle.

Dupont? What places do you recommend checking out? I need something new!