PDA

View Full Version : I Wonder What Would Have Happened If This Was Reversed

Joan_CD
04-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi All,

I went to a concert last week (in drab, sigh) and during the intermission we all lined up for the rest room. As the line dwindled down and it was almost my turn to get in a woman came up and said she had to go really bad and could she cut in. One of the associates waited for the bathroom to empty and then we all waited outside till she finished her business. She thanked us and went back to her seat. We were all understanding and not a single dispariging remark was made. As a matter of fact, most just said, "when you gotta go, you gotta go"! Of course I don't know why she could not cut in on the ladies room line. But, again, was no big deal to any of the men.

I wonder what would have happened if a man went to the ladies line and asked if he could step in cause he had to go really bad. Do you think the ladies would have waited outside as he did his business. If any GG's read this, I would love your thoughts. Thanks all!!!!

sissystephanie
04-24-2009, 05:27 PM
I have been at events here in Atlanta when both men and women have "cut" into the lines of the other gender. As the man said, when you gotta go, you gotta go! BTW, I have used the ladies rest room at Baseball games more than once! And I was in drab!!

Miranda09
04-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Hey...mother nature doesn't take time to ID gender!!! :D

Babette
04-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Sharon, I have encountered the same situation before and reacted as person should. I don't think this is a matter of gender differences. We have all encountered one of Nature's sudden and dire emergencies. For anyone to react negatively to someone else's crisis is not only indecent but shameful. Kudos to everyone at your event that respected this woman's dignity and moment of need.:thumbsup:

Babette

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-24-2009, 06:19 PM
I think it's safe to say that men will just put up with certain things from a woman that women will not put up with from us.

When a woman does this, it's considered "cute". When a guy does this, it's considered rude and makes him a jerk.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind holding on a bit longer to help out a lady. Call it chivalry or maybe I'm just soft on the ladies, but that's just me. :)

Samantha43
04-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Back in my younger days I used to go to concerts often. Usually there were more females than males in the mens room. It shocked me the first time I saw it, but no one seemed to make a big deal of it. When you gotta go, you gotta go!

Kate Lynn
04-24-2009, 06:46 PM
When ya gotta go,ya gotta go,sounds better than going behind the bushes.

Karen564
04-24-2009, 06:46 PM
No, I would not let any guy cut in front of me to use the ladies room, if I'm standing in line in the 1st place, I would already be at or near my limits..

Karren H
04-24-2009, 06:48 PM
A real man would just go in the drinking fountain!! And I only did that once in college!! Ok maybe twice! Lol.

beenherelongtime
04-24-2009, 06:49 PM
ah" the bathroom question again/ has no one considered that this was one of our fellow "cders"

Joanne f
04-25-2009, 11:44 AM
You have a lot to learn about women.:D

TGMarla
04-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Geez, crossdresser or not, where's your sense of chivalry?

Dressing Jill
04-25-2009, 01:10 PM
I have had to go to the ladies room before. They were very cordial. And I have let others go before me even when I have had to go really bad. I think that it is ok when one ask to cut in not just cut in.

Jill

SuzanneS
04-25-2009, 01:19 PM
A real man would just go in the drinking fountain!! And I only did that once in college!! Ok maybe twice! Lol.

Eeeeewwwwww!

The worst I ever did when I was younger, but drinking age(somewhat) was 'go' in the gas tank of a parked truck...:devil:

Suzanne

trannie T
04-25-2009, 04:02 PM
If a woman uses the mens room can we bitch if she leaves the seat down?

deja true
04-25-2009, 04:23 PM
If a woman uses the mens room can we bitch if she leaves the seat down?

Gee...at most concerts I've been to, the guys didn't even bother to put the seat up!

Eww! is right!

Lesley Ann
04-26-2009, 06:32 AM
It seems to me that our 'bathroom' culture both in the USA & the UK with ladies & mens rooms is quite ridiculous, in France there are many café's, restaurants and bars that have uni-sex bathrooms. I remember last year in Paris going to a bar, using the bathroom, when I turned around, there was a lady waiting, I was pulling up my zip at the time!:heehee:

Lesley Ann

Angie G
04-26-2009, 07:15 AM
Good for you Sharon you will be reworded for you good deed hun.:hugs:
Angie

Leslie Mary S
04-26-2009, 12:47 PM
It seems to me that our 'bathroom' culture both in the USA & the UK with ladies & mens rooms is quite ridiculous, in France there are many café's, restaurants and bars that have uni-sex bathrooms. I remember last year in Paris going to a bar, using the bathroom, when I turned around, there was a lady waiting, I was pulling up my zip at the time!:heehee:

Lesley Ann

I find this very amusing for two reasons. We are both 'Leslie's and the second was that I had almost the same thing happen to me in Paris back in the 60s.

My wife and I were with a tour group from Germany where I was stationed as a USAF Sargent. We, the group, were in a hotel dining room.
I got the 'call of nature' and away I went. I was standing at the wall doing my thing when in walks a french woman. She starts talking to me. She went into the stall and we continued to talk (I had drank a lot of wine earlier). I zipped up and washed up as she continued to talk with me. I said bye and then left.
Later she came out and I found out she was seated at the table near ours.
Never a word was made about the previous exchange in the oolet.

victoriamwilliams1
04-26-2009, 03:22 PM
When you gotta go, you gotta go!:)

Melanie R
04-26-2009, 03:52 PM
I will never forget 10 years ago my wife and me (I was Melanie) were standing in a long line to use the women's restroom in the Mt. Cook National Park in New Zealand. 3 buses stopped for a potty break at the same time. There was no line for the men's room, next door. A woman turned toward me and asked if we wished we were men and did not have to stand in line. I told her in my feminine voice that I would guard the door to the men's room while she used the potty and she could do the same for me and my sister. That was delightful.

Diane Elizabeth
04-26-2009, 04:39 PM
I recall hearing in the news about 10 years or so ago of a woman in Houston at a ball game used the mens room and was arrested. Seems there is a law against it in Texas. I don't remember the results of it other than she had to pay a fine. I know the new Cowboy stadium claims to have more restrooms for the women. Someone want to go there and count to see if they do.

JulieC
04-26-2009, 08:42 PM
I recall hearing in the news about 10 years or so ago of a woman in Houston at a ball game used the mens room and was arrested. Seems there is a law against it in Texas. I don't remember the results of it other than she had to pay a fine. I know the new Cowboy stadium claims to have more restrooms for the women. Someone want to go there and count to see if they do.

Most new construction stadiums over the last ten years, if not all, take into account the need for more women's restrooms. I recall a study that showed a need for 50% more stall space than men's stalls.

Sally2005
04-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Back a few years while at a halloween party dressed, I went to go the washroom and the ladies line was huge. I stood in line for a few minutes and talked with some of the girls waiting then said (different words, I was drinking)how can you girls just wait when the men's line is open and I bolted the line. Some of the girls followed me, some thought it was funny and some looked a little annoyed.