PDA

View Full Version : Hair disaster!!!

Natalie x
06-30-2005, 05:09 PM
A couple of weeks ago, my male ID dyed his hair blonde. Partly to cover up the grey and partly to lift what remains of his dark natural colour. So far, so good; it looked ok. :cool:

Then, this week, he took a fancy to change to a colour that matches my wig, a nice warm, reddish chestnut/auburn. So he bought the colour that looked right on the box, came home and applied it according to the instructions. :thumbsup:

After rinsing off, he looked in the mirror and screamed! :eek: He now has bright, coppery orange hair, like a cross between Ruby Wax, Annie Lennox and John Lynam! :D

Anybody else got any disaster stories?

Amelie
06-30-2005, 05:37 PM
Ha,,Natalie,, so sorry for your hair situation, but it did sound funny.

I always wanted white hair, sort of like Siouxsie with white hair. So I bleached my hair with (I think) some stuff called ultra blue by clairhol. I did it once and it didn't seem to work so I bleached it again and wow, just the same as you Natalie, my hair turned orange. I wanted white, but the orange looked kinda cool, so I let it stay orange until it grew out. Also my hair became a staw-like texture, it was very dry.

Drucilla
06-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Check your local beauty supply store. They make a product that will "fix" mistakes by tonning down the color. Can't remember the name but something like METREX . I had to make an emergency trip to pickup some the last time my wife tried to do her own hair. As I recall , it worked well. She now has it done professionally and even at $150++/trip it's a bargin vs. the anguish she caused herself with a home color treatment.

polly1949er
06-30-2005, 07:51 PM
I let my sister dye mine d blond well lets say i didnt need to put the lights on at night , thats how bad it looked i used a toner two shades darker than she used ,helped a little, I sugest to have it done professionally if your going blond its worth the money and looks nice :)

polly :)

cindybarnes
06-30-2005, 08:37 PM
Natalie, I know how you fealt when you saw your new color :)
A realy long time ago I tried using some temporary hair color my daughter had for Holoween. It was dark red and was supposed to wash out easily,,,,,, wrong !!!!!!!! Im normaly light blonde but was a red head for a couple weeks
This was when I had just started trying makeup and hairstyles out,, back then I kept my hair pretty long,,,and would sit up for hours trying differnent looks out.
My wife had a good laugh when she woke the next morning and saw what I had done but I was not so happy :) I wore a red ball cap to work until it eventualy lightend up.
Cindy

Julie
06-30-2005, 08:50 PM
I decided to brave it and bought a hair color that has highlights. The color on the box showed dark brown with burgandy highlights. So I put on the first color. I had colored my hair about a month prior so it was going over existing color. After I rinsed the primary color out my hair was burgandy, almost red, not dark brown. Not as shocking as yours Natalie, but I sure got some strange looks from my family. :eek: I chickened out of the highlights.