PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be back!

cdsteph
04-25-2009, 07:18 AM
It's been a few months since I last posted, my SO became quite anti CD suddenly and threatened to tell friends and family.
I'm still not sure of the cause, but in the last couple of weeks, she's reversed this stance and is fully supportive once again, encouraging me to dress and even suggesting that I dress to pick her up from work.

I've even come home from work to discover hot new outfits and heels waiting.

Has anyone else been through similar periods?

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-25-2009, 07:30 AM
Since coming out, my wife has never had a problem with my cding. There are times when she gets very tired of me constantly talking about it and I overwhelm her - she'll let me know in a variety of ways. I'll have to make a conscious effort not to bring it up at all for a while. That's probably the closest she's ever come to being anti-cd, which isn't really anti-cd at all, but rather anti-me-being-annoying-to-her.

I do make it a point to engage in "where are you at" conversations about my cding. It's important for me to check on the health of our relationship and make sure we're on the same level. It helps prevent problems before they become a problem.

PretzelGirl
04-25-2009, 08:42 AM
Wow. That sounds like a situation that is volatile. She was accepting, then not, then buying stuff?? Have you talked this out so you understand where you stand? It just seems that she could flip again if you don't know the underlying issue.

gwen cd
04-25-2009, 09:56 AM
The Jeckle and hide sindrome.
Hot and cold, yes and no.
I have had quite a few of these situations.....
best played by ear and feel.
Don't jump into hot water you will get burned.

suzanneq
04-25-2009, 10:32 AM
yes had all that with the x,when i told her i want to be a girl(early in relationship)we had long discussions etc,things were good,she buy clothes,share clothes,go out together as girls,then from nowhere you dont know your sexuality,stop all this,she even asked if i would have a sex change,of course,then came home her clothes all laid out for me&everything good,then back to it all again,she told all her friends our neighbours etc,on&off went the relationship,none of them have ever mentioned it to me but im sure they still talk when i see them,but to be honest i dont care,hence i said x.

DonnaT
04-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Hi Steph,

I've two lines of thought on this. One good, one not (which I won't mention, don't want to cause unnecessary worry).

The good (depending on your perspective), is that she probably talked to one of her friends. Quite possibly, this friend, managed to get her to understand a little more, and that it's not so bad.

Purely speculation on my part.

Maybe you should have a heart to heart with her. Thank her for the change, let her know that you don't want to make her uncomfortable, and then ask why the change of thought.

Miranda09
04-26-2009, 09:09 AM
I've never had this kind of experience Steph but it sounds like you and your SO have a great relationship, with the usual (and not so usual) bumps along the way. BTW...your avatar is very HOTT!! :D

chrissie-h
04-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Steph,
What a great story!! Maybe the level of CDing was getting a bit too much and your wife needed to call a time out to think things through ... ?
She's clearly come to terms with this aspect of who you are and has decided to embrace CDing with some style!!!! Enjoy the moment ... I'm really envious!
Keep the lines of communication going ... as you start to explore your female side, with this new found freedom ... make sure any residual discomfort, she may still have, doesn't build up again. :love:

Angie G
04-26-2009, 09:21 PM
No and I hope I never do.:hugs:
Angie

sissystephanie
04-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Steph,

If she is now supportive you are one lucky girl. I never went thru anything like that, because I told my fiance before we were married. She was so accepting that she bought us matching white silk lingerie to wear to our wedding. And she remained supportive for the 40 plus years we were married until I lost her to cancer.

As some others have suggested, you need to talk with your SO to find out where you really stand. Has she actually had a complete change of heart, or is she setting you up for a big fall? I know, that sounds cynical but those things do happen! A frank conversation would probably benefit both of you. Just be sure to let her know that you are still her man, even if you are wearing panties and a dress!!

Best of luck to both of you!!:hugs:

AshleyCDFL
04-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Hmmm, I must play devil's advocate and wonder what her intentions are.... I would definitely have a talk with her to see why things have changed. If she was threatening to tell friends and family before, then I might be a little worried.... Talk it out and she what her perspective is.

Dressing Jill
04-26-2009, 09:57 PM
I have not gone thur your pain.

I tried to tell my ex #2 how I felt early in our relationship and it went over her heard. I don't think a baseball glove would have helped her catch what I was saying. She was a physic nurse and should have heard me.LOL.... oh well it was her lose for not recognizing who I am. that sounds pretty selfish & arrogant. She felt she was in touch with everything. I tried to tell her that I was intuitive and could feel her whenever I wanted to ck in on her. She laughed and said no one could do that. Even tried to tell her what she was feeling during the day at what times and she didn't believe me. Oh well. She finally got mad enough to boot me out. I didn't know how much I needed that until now it has been 5 yrs. Yes....... Oh sorry a little emotional outburst.

I don't have any plans on a relationship without spelling it all out in great detail. In as many ways as I can and then have a text to see if she gets it before we ever get started. LOL..... No but really..... But I also know how sneaky luv can be. sigh!!!!

Loving one another in a relationship is priceless if both do it. It also takes great patience and endurance to succeed. I wish you the best.

Hugs

Luv Jill

docrobbysherry
04-26-2009, 10:00 PM
In my DREAMS!:daydreaming:

Tiffany6791
04-26-2009, 10:58 PM
I'd play it safe because you never know what she could be up too but I hope she is just back to supporting again. However it does seem a little odd.