PDA

View Full Version : For Those With Pierced Ears...

Julie
06-30-2005, 09:25 PM
How often do you wear earrings?

Adrianne
06-30-2005, 09:30 PM
I used to wear earings all the time but my job now i am not allowed to wear earings.

Clare
07-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Only had my ears pierced last month, but i will be wearing earrings full time in the future.

I will also be buying many very obvious feminine styles of earring - no simple low-key earrings for me!

I will eventually get a second set of piercings in each ear so that i can wear smaller earrings or diamond studs in the higher holes and larger hoops and dangley earrings in the lower holes.

Ear piercings and the earring themselves are an expression of yourself.

Christine

malecynthia
07-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Since getting my ears pierced over a year ago, I've always worn at least studs. Only one person has passed any comment. I never go out in public en femme, but when we are away from home my wife likes me to wear dangly earrings and some female clothing.
She ups the stakes every time we go to a strange town and is now talking about me getting a second piercing in each ear and making me wear red nail varnish. You've no idea how exciting it is to have a wife who not only supports my crossdressing in private, but pushes my limits in public.
Do any others here wear dangly earrings in public while still obviously a man?
Cynthia

kymmieLorain
07-01-2005, 12:03 PM
I wear captive bead rings in both ears. Never had a problem with anyone. I just need to get some feminine ear rings.

Kymmie

Jessica_six
07-01-2005, 05:44 PM
I've had my left ear pierced for 20+years and my right one for about 5 now.
I always wear at least silver or gold stud in both, but alternate between small hoops and studs in both. I also have two 1/4 carat Amethyst studs my Mom got me for my birthday last year (birthstone) that I wear all the time now.
When dressed, the sky's the limit. According to the outfit of course. :D

Ava Mouse
07-01-2005, 06:52 PM
A little tip for part time earring wearers...

Whenever you buy a new dress (or whatever), save the little clear plastic piece that holds the tag on. It's great for keeping your earrings open for long periods of time... Just cut a centimeter and insert. Hard to see from a distance and will keep them from healing closed...

Chrissycd
07-01-2005, 07:50 PM
I had my ears pierced a year ago, and wear studs 24/7. I only change them when I cd, otherwise I'd get too much noise over it, of course. Funny isn't it, how "guys" can wear diamond studs, but whooaaah, not pearls! OMG :eek:
Isn't that stupid???
Chrissy

Fallen Angel
07-01-2005, 09:24 PM
i wear them once in a while just to keep the holes from clossing unless i go out xxooxx

robin/rjs
07-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Love them, I have had my ears picered for one year and my navel for 6 months. Very sexy and you can have them in or out, COOL :)

katie36
10-01-2005, 01:50 PM
had both ears pierced for a while now and use a couple of pairs of clip ons as well.

robyn1114
10-01-2005, 01:59 PM
love the hoops Katie, I've had mine pierced for years even did the navel once but I had to let it close up

Lauren_T
10-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Pierced mine myself a couple weeks back, gotta wear 'em for 3-4 more weeks...

But I anticipated myself and started collecting earrings months and months ago, from Lord & Taylor, down to thrift shops, and now I have 16 pair, from unmistakably feminine (li'l vermeil fleurz) to unisex. Nothing super-dangly yet, though; I'm not that brave - or that femme, for that matter... :eek: I'm also clumsy enough to rip my lobes off from not paying attention if I wore big 'ol hoops or such. :thumbsdn:

But from now on, I'll always have a pair on!

Oh, yeah - not a soul has said Word One about them yet! :cool:

Mx Justina
10-01-2005, 02:26 PM
How often do you wear earrings?

I checked the "only when I dress" listing...but for me that includes both femme and unisex dress periods. Whether solid gold, silver or plated stainless, the objects have to be removed for cleaning and debris buildup (along with showering and sleep routines)... Plus changes predicated on expression moods.

J.

Olivia
10-02-2005, 01:01 AM
I cannot wear earrings to work-damn double standard! BUT, you can bet your ass, I put on my clip-ons as soon as I get home every day. Olivia

Monique_Lynn
10-02-2005, 06:10 AM
have had both ears pierced for 20 some years, wear very small gold hoops majority of the time but switch to danglies when really dressed up...
ginger

Trish
10-02-2005, 06:19 AM
I had them first pierced in 1969, with the second holes done in 1991.

Maddie
10-02-2005, 07:01 AM
all the time double pierced on both sides
silver hoops in bottom and tanzanite studs on the top

Leilani68
10-02-2005, 11:54 AM
I wear mine 75-99% of the time,
only time I don't is when swimming, or letting the Ears rest a bit
(not good to leave them in all the time).
Of course they come out when I change the style/color.... :)

rachellegsep
10-02-2005, 02:33 PM
All the time mostly CBR's, small hoops or studs , except when enfemme then something more dangly ! Been wearing earings since 1985.

Rachel_740
10-02-2005, 03:06 PM
I wear ear rings all the time. OK, I sometimes have to take them out at work for safety reasons, but as soon as I finish they're back in.

Anne

hjt101
10-03-2005, 02:11 AM
I wear mine 7/24. Noone has made any negative comments.

Originally, I only had the left one triple pierced, but added the right a few years ago. The stretching started last year, they are now 14, 10, 8 ga. I even added a stud in my left nostril.

Lisa Golightly
10-03-2005, 02:34 AM
I only take them out when I go to bed. :)

Toni
10-03-2005, 02:49 AM
Hi Julie,

I've only had mine done for two months and I wear studs all the time apart from when I'm en femme then I wear dangly ones. Lucky me the wife keeps buying them for me!

Rachel Ann
10-03-2005, 03:09 AM
Where I live, it is no longer unusual for men to wear matching earrings, even if not studs (e.g., hoops are ok). Even in a business office. So mine are in 24x7. :D

ladyfydiana
10-03-2005, 02:59 PM
I have had both of my ears pierced twice about 15 years ago.I used to wear 1/4 diamond studs but I lost two on vacation. :( So now I only wear them when I am dressed.

Diana

jo_ann
10-03-2005, 07:37 PM
alright, ever since i've read threads like these, I've been noticing more men with earrings in both ears.. I'm seriously considering getting it done, but where to get it done. Don't really want to go to a piercing shop because they might think I'm fruity getting both done (or they'll use painful methods to do it), and I don't want to go to some girly earring place to get it done either (maybe somewhere between?).. where is a good place to get it done. I'd prefer little to no pain, I want to find a place that uses this:
http://www.invernesscorp.com/products/earpiercing/inverness1000/index.shtml

Rachel Ann
10-03-2005, 08:03 PM
alright, ... I'm seriously considering getting it done, but where to get it done.
Piercing places that also do tattoos have the most hygienic procedures and skillful workers. Somebody who knows what they are doing won't hurt you at all. You select the healing studs separately for quality and strength of backing (attachment). And, I don't think that someone who is used to piercing unusual body parts would look twice at anyone just wanting their ears pierced.

Stay away from places that pierce using the "gun" as illustrated in your link. ESPECIALLY don't go to those "earring hut" places in a mall. The workers (usually teen girls with no training) don't usually get the holes symmetrical, and hygienic standards are minimal or nonexistent. Also, the healing studs tend to be flimsy and fall out, especially while you are sleeping. Since they can't sell you new studs separately you are likely in for getting repierced repeatedly until they get it right. The last time I tried that I was bleeding copiously all the way to the restroom.

lee james
10-04-2005, 02:48 AM
I wear earrings 24/7-two sleepers in the left ear & one in the right.
I had them done early this year and strangely the only negative feedback-although nothing was said out loud- I got in my very male dominated work place was from one of the ladies in the office!
Weekends & holidays, its alway feminine earrings at home unless we have guests

Jodi Lynn
10-23-2005, 10:18 AM
I got my ears periced five or six years ago. I had them done because I couldn't stand clip-ons. I use to wear stud or small hoops 24/7. Now I would say it is 50/50. I have trouble with studs anymore due to carpal tunnel my finger tips are numb and I can't feel the backs. So now I wear french hooks most of the time.

Hugs, Jodi Lynn

kimmjacoby
10-23-2005, 12:33 PM
i've had mine pierced now for many years, i wear a stud and small hoop when in drab. clip-ons & magnetics made my ears bleed. i got a couple questions by old clients when i got them pierced, but it never comes up when i meet new people.

hugs,
kimm

HaleyPink2000
10-27-2005, 10:16 PM
I have put off having holes put in my ears for ear rings since I work in a high security job. Also I'm a wimp. LOL

Ok if I have this done, what things do people tend to say to you. How are you treated after that at work and other places?

Haley:)

kimmy p
10-27-2005, 10:51 PM
I had mine done close to five years ago. THE worst thing I have ever heard is a friend comment that he only wants the holes God graced him with. No other negative comments.

Kimmy

Rachel Ann
10-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Ok if I have this done, what things do people tend to say to you. How are you treated after that at work and other places?

Haley:)If you live where I do (San Francisco Bay Area), nobody gives you a second look. I don't know it's like where you live. Go to a nearby college campus, look around and see how many guys are wearing earrings. That's what I did.

Diannna
10-28-2005, 10:31 PM
Have had my ears double pierced now for about 4 years now. My baby sister (as I called her) got me to get it done. She was very sick with cancer and it wasn't going to well. I was in between jobs at this time and went up north to help take care of her. She wanted to go to Wall Mart for a few fem things. I always took her where ever she wanted. It was getting hard for her to drive. While at Wally World, one thing led to another and we ended up looking at earings. She thought it was time that I get with it( so to speak) and get my ears pierced. ( she knew for a long time that I cd'd) Oh how I wanted to, but a bit reluctant. She said no one was going to say anything, it was the thing to do, even if I were in my 50's. Well, she pushed the subject and I agreed. She got the lady and I bought a pair of gold ? mm studs. (balls) I was amazed at how simple it was. And there I was............me......... I finally had pierced ears. I can't tell you just how proud of them I was. Not to mention how happy I was that my baby sister pushed me in to it. I took care of her for about 2 months. Then I got a good lead on a decent job offer and had to go home and take it. That was in Easter of that year. Then Thanks Giving of the same year, she took a turn for the worse and passed away a couple days befor Thanks Giving. I wore those same studs at the funeral. After wards, my other sister asked when did I get my ears pierced. I told her that Judy ( our baby sister ) pushed me into it. She said what a nice memory it must make. I agreed with her. Patty, my other sister knew of my cd'ing also. She asked if it were too much to ask if I'd get my ears pierced again to remember her by. By now I was so used to my ears being pierced that I ageed to get another set of holes. So now I wear 4 earrings, not all the time but a lot. When I dress I always wear them. I just love it. Have to mention that my baby sister left me all her earrings. Lots of gold, silver and real diamonds. I treasure them all, as you can guess.
Best Always,
Diannna

jenni96
11-18-2005, 10:44 PM
Thank you for sharing that Diannna, Im at a loss for words.

Billie
11-18-2005, 11:41 PM
I wear my three ear rings whenever. I've kept them in for months at a time, but recently I've only worn them every now and then. I guess they just got old after 12 years.

jessbcuzz
11-19-2005, 03:06 AM
I always wear ear rings, well, except for at work because we aren't allowed. I've had my ears peirced since I was old enough to do it without my parents permisson. I had my cartliage done a couple of years ago. My ears didn't heal right (the girl that did it didn't go in straight, she went in at an angle). I think I might try it again some day.

hjt101
11-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Not sure why, but while i was at the mall this morning, I had a 4th hole poked in each lobe. I was walking past Claires, stopped in to look at hoops, and as I was going to pay, decided to get them perforated again. Filled out the paperwork, then the deed was done.

JennyCD
11-22-2005, 06:20 PM
I have both ears pierced, the left one twice. But since my work doesn't allow men to wear earrings with the uniform I can't wear them while working.

Interesting side note: our uniform policy does allow men to wear nail polish, as long as it's clear.

crossing_over
11-22-2005, 06:29 PM
had mine done for bout 4-5 years :) ....used to wear them 24/7 but quit a couple years ago so my right whole healed over.... about to re-pierce it myself and wear them 24/7 once again

Christina Nicole
11-22-2005, 06:34 PM
I don't go out too often, but when I do, I have pierced ears. I had them done once and took them out at the end of the weekend and saved the studs. The point on the studs are very sharp, so I just pierce my ears first thing in the morning and change into my "going out" earrings before I leave. The holes close up overnight and a little dab of makeup hides any marks the next day or two.

I'd pierce them permanently, but my wife and probably my clients wouldn't be amused.
Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

hjt101
11-22-2005, 08:24 PM
I'd pierce them permanently, but my wife and probably my clients wouldn't be amused.
Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

You would be surprised. I thought I would get some responses from the guys, the only real comments were from the women, admiring them. Why not get them done on a Friday evening, then keep them in all weekend, 'testing' your look at different places on the weekend. You will feel mroe comfortable by Monday and won't worry about the guys.

Christina Nicole
11-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Good points, dear. I'd be so very surprised if my wife was ok with me having pierced ears and wearing earrings that I'd faint dead away. No net benefit there for me! Since I'm self-employed and contract with my clients directly, they can always contract someone else if they think I'm a little weird or whatever.

Besides, I'm chicken. I use to make a great living, then the company folded after 9/11 and I had to start all over again. Living on 15% of our previous income wasn't much fun. While I'm doing better than ever, a couple of non-renewed contracts and I'm back to starting over.

TG reality isn't always about something pretty. It's sometimes ugly, as we all know.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

andreaboots
11-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Good thread! I got my left ear pierced about 25 years ago, twice but one hole got infected and I let it heal. I got my right ear pierced a few weeks ago. Meant to get it pierced long ago but never got around to it. The other day i bought some matching earings to go with a couple of new outfits...what a thrill!:D

crotchhiboots
12-03-2005, 07:46 AM
I have had six holes in both ears for at least ten years and wear hoops most of the time. One inch at the top and three inches at the bottom. Much of the comments I get are positive and rarely do I get a negitive one.