PDA

View Full Version : Gender enhanced male -- mixed dressing

Lisajanne
06-30-2005, 09:32 PM
I enjoy expressing my femininity by wearing something fem while DRAB. I think of it as cross dressing in the truest sense, i.e. wearing somthing noticably girly while appearing as a male. No attempt to hide behind a wig or attempt to fool anyone into thinking I am a women. Until more of us attempt to blurr the gender accepted clothing distinctions, the cultural biases and stigma will continue. I don't think of myself as transgendered in the sense of wanting to be something other than what I already am. However, I think the description gender enhanced male fits well. For some reason this viewpoint evokes criticism from the all or nothing crowd. I'm not sure why -- some how they must feel threatened.

As an example I have attached a photo of what I wore to the mall this morning Faded Glory shorts from Walmart, a white tank and a floral sleeveless top and sandals. From my experience most women notice if they happen to look. I enjoy being noticed. Does anyone else enjoy this little bit of fem exhibitionism? At least there's not much question in the clerk's minds who I am shopping for! I have had very enjoyable experiences at Lane Bryant with trying on items while in GEM mode.

I would like to here from others who enjoy mixed dressing.

StephanieCD
06-30-2005, 09:35 PM
GOOD FOR YOU!

You are walking the middle ground that I wish I could. I weigh in as androgynous - mid-gendered. I've often wished I could mix genders and get away with it.

Good for you.

CharleneCD
06-30-2005, 09:49 PM
Because of not being able to wear a wig to work and having to wait for my own to grow out, I have had to go with the in between look. I have gotten comfortable enough with it that I am starting to go out that way (as can be seen in my thread for my manicure and pedicure). I dont mix male and female much though. The clothes are obviously fem, but my face and hair are mostly male, for now.

DonnaT
07-01-2005, 12:07 AM
Oh yes, I've been out with a fem top on and drab everything else. Or with painted nails. I don't do it to draw attention, it just feels right.

emmicd
07-01-2005, 01:44 AM
I think that is a bold step on your part and commend you for your courage. Being a closeted crossdresser means I am very inhibited when going out in public. My way of satisfying my femme needs when going out to the mall is to wear a woman's polo shirt with either femme jeans or womens slacks. So in a way I am sort of pushing the envelope but not as much as I wish. It would be so much more fun to wear a dress with bra and panties and sexy silk stockings. I also sometimes wear a bra underneath my polo if it can not be detected. Panties I always wear.

Emmi

Amelie
07-01-2005, 05:54 AM
Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum.

Mostly, I dress all fem, because I want to be a female, this is me. But there have been many times I went to clubs as a male in a skirt.. The goth clubs have many guys who wear only make-up but no fem clothes, also there are some goth guys who wear skirts, with no other fem items. These types of people are out there, and like I said many times on this forum, there is no right or wrong way to dress. People should dress for themselves, for their own pleasures.

Amelie

PS-I thought GEM meant Geneticly Engineered Man

Vivian Best
07-01-2005, 07:57 AM
My hat is off to you girl. I do not have the courage to do or attempt to do what you are doing. I'm quite a bit older than you and go back to the time when crossdressing was almost forbidden. Crossdressers just didn't do what you are doing and that feeling is still there for me.

It's going to take girls like you continuing to do what you are doing to possibly get society acceptance that many girls want. It doesn't hurt that you look as good as you do in your picture. Keep doing it!

Vivian

Olivia
07-01-2005, 09:24 AM
Welcome to the forum Lisa! I'll bet you're gonna love it here. It seems lately that I have to always be "pushing the envelope" as to how much I can get away with in public. Maybe, for me, it's just part of my evolving self. While I can't go out enfemme in my small town, I always try to have something on that evokes Olivia. My legs are always shaven now and I've been out in shorts(really short) for weeks. I keep a clip-on earing(3 dangly loops with a little heart) on most of the time and my velcro girl's sandals from Walmart have been my favorite footwear this summer. My son laughingly calls them my orthopedic "special" shoes, lol.

Lisa, btw, I've bought tons of clothes for Olivia at Walmart this summer. It seems kinda silly to buy expensive clothes that I wear mostly at home. I bet that belt and that white tank also came from Walmart, didn't they? I have a belt and top that did and look just like that. I have 3 pairs of the Faded Glory shorts and just love them too. In fact, the white tank top in my avatar came from Walmart; it has sequins around the neck and is my current fave top. O

Priscilla1018
07-01-2005, 09:31 AM
Hi Lisajane,

Welcome to our family.Good for you girl! :Power: :kewlpics:

Natasha Anne
07-01-2005, 10:05 AM
I mix and match a lot too, but don't agree that it's gender enhanced. It's just your gender, my gender and the rest of the spectrum out there.

I'm glad you do this, because as others say, it will eventually stop the challenges we all face.

I'm solidly moving towards girlhood and have no qualms about that. I dislike men's clothes. They're too baggy, mostly uninteresting (especially work clothes) and are very limited in their ability to make any statement about ones personality other than I'm scruffy, or not, I'm a conformist or not.

Lisajanne
07-02-2005, 08:01 AM
Thanks for all of your responses. This is a great site for companionship!

Clare
07-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Mixed dressing? Where is that fine line between one side and the other?

In drab mode, i will wear fem underwear such as panties, hose, a cami maybe, sometimes ankle or knee high boots (with a squarish/blocky heel), but that's as far as it goes.

I can dress full en-femme, but only in the provacy of my home and garden.

But dressing in womens clothes, but making no effort to hide the masculine? And then go out like that? Not a chance! Its either of the two options above for me!

Christine