PDA

View Full Version : Time's Running Out!

Julie
06-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Tomorrow I pick up my daughter from the airport. She's coming home during a holiday break from school (she's doing summer sememsters). She will be home until the 5th.

I haven't been out since last weekend and if I don't go out tonight I will have to wait another week before I do again. Decisions, decisions! But I just feel so lazy! I still have my acrylic nails and will probably keep them. If I was taking them off it would be a no brainer - gotta get one more wearing before removing them! But that's not the case.

Oh well, maybe I'll just crawl in bed with a nice laptop and post incessant messages here all night. :killcompu

Tristen Cox
06-30-2005, 10:07 PM
Read my lips GO OUT! What are you sitting here for? We will be here everynight. Now GO BE JULIE! Uh ah - no ifs - just do it!

:hiding:

Holly
06-30-2005, 10:08 PM
Julie, just look forward to the time you are going to be able to spend with your daughter! We parents often sacrafice doing things for ourselves in order to make our children's lives better. (And congratulations o your decision to keep the nails :cool: .

Sigrid
06-30-2005, 10:14 PM
And there's a decision to be made hear??? Get out...NOW... fer crying out loud! You know if you hang out hear we'll just harangue you all night.

DonnaT
07-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Do what you feel like Julie. No need to force yourself to something if you don't feel like it. Nothing wrong with staying in. Besides, you've got an entertainment center to build.

Julie
07-01-2005, 03:23 AM
Besides, you've got an entertainment center to build.

I don't know why but that just cracked me up! Maybe I thought the spirit of my ex got into you... :lol:

I didn't go out. I thought I would get to bed early and get an early start tomorrow but I laid down and it was like toothpicks were keeping my eyes open. So here I am. No biggie, I don't feel like I missed a thing not going out. I'm thinking about cutting wood and going to the Kerry Piper with my daughter tomorrow. Cheers!

When Irish eyes are smiling...:whistling

Wendy me
07-01-2005, 11:38 AM
hi girlfreind ok i just went through that whole can't dress when i want to thingy....so i can tell you for shure .....dress as mutch as you can ...too mutch is not enough ....
and if your building that to take the edge off ...girlfreind buy your wood whole sale and sell tham at a huge chain store your going to build a bunch of them.....way good luck girlfreind...
huge been there wendy hugs,,,,,

Julie
07-01-2005, 08:20 PM
My daughter calls today to discuss her plans when she gets home. She starts by saying her mother suggested I drop her off at her mother's work straight from the airport so she could go home with her. Well, that really hurt! :(

As it turns out she and my ex made plans to go to the Taste of Chicago tomorrow over a week ago. My daughter just failed to tell me until today. If she wasn't going to stay with me I would have gone to the Chix Mix Freedom party tonight. I was invited by the girls who host the event, which I thought was an honor. But I told them I would be spending the time with my daughter.

I told my daughter of my disappointment and she said she planned on staying here tonight. So I will be picking her up around 9:15 tonight and bringing her home. Then she calls just before her plane is about to leave and asks if she can go out with an old boyfriend. So he is stopping by and she's going out with him tonight. :confused:

I should have planned on going to Chix Mix. Maybe I'll get dressed anyway and go after she leaves. I was all set to go out with her tonight so I gotta do something!

Julie
07-02-2005, 09:42 AM
Last night I was feeling pretty down. The plans I had made to spend time with my daughter fell into the toilet. I was so looking forward to spending the evening with her. I thought over and over about what to do since she made other plans.

Finally I told my daughter I was going to go out. She knew that meant dressed. She said her old boyfriend coming over (who doesn't know of Julie). She asked for some $$$ to take him to get a bite to eat while I got dressed. $40 later they left.

I got dressed in a nice casual outfit, white skirt with black print, black polo shirt and sandals, and headed out. I called her to tell her it was safe harbor at home and that I'd probably be coming back around 4:30 AM.

Well. if I had any idea what kind of night it was going to be...

Every once in a while I have those nights when I ask myself, "What? Am I some sort of a celebrity?" Last night was one of those nights. Before I even walked into the place I was greeted with a "JULIE! I'm so happy to see you!" And it didn't stop all night. I felt like I was the center of attention. I kept pinching myself to see if I was dreaming! WOW! What a night!

It's funny how things turn out sometimes. :D

Stephanie Brooks
07-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Hi Julie!

That is so cool!!!!!!!! I'm glad everything worked out pretty well overall.

I'm sorry things didn't go quite as planned with your daughter. Tough as it may be though, I think you did things right. Your daughter had the freedom to do the things she wanted to do, and she still stayed with you. Getting older for her is tough enough; she has so many things she wants to do. Having her parents apart complicates things. So be it. You're already working things, and I'll bet the three of you will figure out how to make things work. It's about your daughter whom you and her mother both love, and who loves both her mother and father.

Tristen Cox
07-02-2005, 11:04 AM
"JULIE! I'm so happy to see you!" :D Sorry I had to say that :p

Julie
07-02-2005, 11:08 AM
"JULIE! I'm so happy to see you!" :D Sorry I had to say that :p

Hey! Everybody likes a nice @$$, nobody likes a wise @$$.

Sorry, I just had to say that.:whistling

Tristen Cox
07-02-2005, 11:15 AM
I love you Julie :kissing:

Holly
07-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Julie, good news, indeed! So happy you had a great night out. And there's still time for you and your daughter to spend with one another.

Julie
07-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Julie, good news, indeed! So happy you had a great night out. And there's still time for you and your daughter to spend with one another.

Yeah, and she just left with her mom to go to the Taste so guess who's going out again tonight? I just hope last night's high doesn't make tonight seem blah.

Sunday will be our day together. I think I'm going to take her to a bar and sing some karaoke for her. She's never seen her dad sing. And, no, I won't be dressed! You can't sing Sinatra en femme or you'll end up sleeping with the fishes! :rolleyes:

Start spreading the news, I’m leaving today
I want to be a part of it - New York, New York...

And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, I’ll say it clear,
I’ll state my case, of which I’m certain...

OOOOOHHHHHH! I can't wait to see her face!

Adrianne
07-03-2005, 08:17 AM
I hope everything will go well for you Julie,

Bye for now Adrianne