PDA

View Full Version : Femme persona in other online communities?

Jessica Who
04-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Hello all,

This evening I was thinking about something interesting. Most of us here post and read leaning more toward our feminine sides. As we all know, the internet is chock full of communities, ranging from pug lovers to flower enthusiasts. I am a member at a few music sites, sports forums, and video game communities, to name a few.

However, in all of these online communities, I am in male mode. Have any of you signed up at a forum not dealing with crossdressers or transgenders as your female doppleganger? It would be quite an experience to see how you were treated and how others interacted with you.

I am thinking of doing this sometime soon and really would love to hear your experiences.

Ciao,

Jessica

curse within
04-26-2009, 11:53 PM
I use to play poker at a well known site..I have seen a few people come in with names such as crossdrezzer and PPtucker...they where razed a lot people can be rude while sitting at a computer..

Shelly67
04-27-2009, 12:32 AM
I couldnt agree more . I've visited a few chat rooms before as Shelly , and whilst people in there were genuine and nice there was one guy who was a complete pain , he was rude , down right loathsome . Mad thing was it all came about when the subject of spiders were raised . All I said is although I,m not fond of em I try to catch em in a glass with a piece of paper rather than kill them ....
Methinks he may have a terrible phobia .
As well as bad manners :heehee:

LeotardMan
04-27-2009, 01:16 AM
I post on a number of fitness forums that are geared towards women. The one I post on the most is video fitness. I’m very famine and I have been open about my CD and for the most part a number of the women are fine but a few are just outright rude.

Geoff

Lisa Golightly
04-27-2009, 02:04 AM
On a BMW site and a phone site I'm Lisa... Well that's me I guess, but I was Lisa there before I became TS official. :)

The BMW site boys are quite patient with me :) Awwwwwww... lol... I can be quite dim when it comes to mechanical issues. Well, it's not my field and I don't mind my ignorance being exposed to the entire world... They're very good about it... They even seem to know when I lie and say I understand what they mean when I patently don't.

The phone forum is also a bit beyond me, but I need them at times to work out what is going wrong with a customers laptop and phone combo... especially bluetooth issues. They don't seem to care who I am... They're pure Technocrats and are only interested in getting the answer first.

On an aside... on another TG site I got into changing my avatar to the eye of Sauron when I was unhappy... Never done it here, but then when I arrived here the great CD vs TS debate was over... I really was a very unhappy bunny back then...

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-27-2009, 04:14 AM
Have any of you signed up at a forum not dealing with crossdressers or transgenders as your female doppleganger? It would be quite an experience to see how you were treated and how others interacted with you.

I haven't joined any regular forums or communities or anything, but I have commented on non-cd blogs and communicated with people as Gabrielle before.

Not long ago, I submitted an tech-related article I wrote on myCDlife.com (http://www.mycdlife.com) to well known a tech podcast (Geek News Central (http://www.geeknewscentral.com)). The podcaster (Todd) read my e-mail at the end his podcast and commented on it. He repeatedly referred to me as a "he" (which is fine by me because I am one), so I'm certain he took a moment to see that my article was written on a cd-related website. My article was included in his listener links (http://www.geeknewscentral.com/2009/03/31/gnc-2009-03-31-464-back-in-honolulu/) for that particular show (the DVD rant). It seemed like a very positive experience to me, and I was treated just like anyone with something to add. Who I am did not add to or detract from it in any way as far as I can tell. That is how it should be. Great podcast, btw - if you're into tech and geek stuff. :)

Karren H
04-27-2009, 06:08 AM
I'm on a number of forums as Karren actively... I'm on a Ford Ranger Truck forum and a Blackberry forum all as Karren and the Sugar web site(Casa, Belle, Fab.... ) as Karren, many many makeup and fashion forums and inclucing moderating a makeup forum... all as Karren The only other forum I'm on not as Karren is the Toyota Nation forum....

Angie G
04-27-2009, 07:34 AM
This is the only on line community I belong to. And I all girl here hun.:hugs:
Angie

marla01
04-27-2009, 08:01 AM
Generally, I use my female persona. I tend to think that way anyway in social environments. But I would extend it from chat rooms to games and virtual worlds where I am also female.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3227/3150778595_76476f3256.jpg?v=0

Marla

Sam-antha
04-27-2009, 09:59 AM
I admit to a few, showing my pics. No hassle from anybody there at all. Its fun too since I have interests in all of them.
~Samm

Jessica Who
04-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Cool, interesting responses, I think if I were to sign up as Jessica on a site, I would be reluctant to say that I'm a CD. We'll see, I guess.

Sophie Lynne
04-28-2009, 05:22 PM
I have a Second Life avatar who is female but thats really about it.

Dressing Jill
04-28-2009, 05:29 PM
I am a girl on all on line site. This is the only one I really love now. I feel like I have abandon the others. How ever I'll go back soon as the newness of this is gone.

Jill

Billijo49504
04-28-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm a member of 2 different sewing groups as Billijo. One is a national group and the other is a international group. And I'm the only gurl with all the ladies. One of the ladies that knows me as BJ and as a CD and a quilter, invited me to join her group and had me invited to the other one....BJ

Jacueen
04-28-2009, 09:55 PM
The only other community site I'm on is Twitter and there, too, I'm Jacueen -- but I'm open about being a CD. I hadn't considered joining a site and trying to pass online. Would that be "virtual passing?"

hjt101
04-29-2009, 12:27 AM
On Myspace, I have a Sherri profile and a male profile. Interesting what advert show up when viewing each one.

sexxynikki83
04-29-2009, 10:44 PM
I've also played online poker in fem mode....did a little chatting.....thinking about a fem myspace.

Sophie Lynne
04-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Oh right. I forgot I have a fem myspace. :D

Ralph
05-02-2009, 10:49 PM
I have a Second Life avatar who is female but thats really about it.

Funny thing about that, the avatar I use for "mainstream" interaction presents as fully female most of the time (although I chose a gender-neutral name so I can go all male without raising questions when I want to). But the alternate I use when I'm hanging around the transgendered community in SL has my male name (Ralph) and the obviously male, unshaven body in a frilly dress, much like the icon I use here.

ralph

Intertwined
05-03-2009, 12:43 AM
I have a " My Space ", " Facebook ", " Flickr ", and on all of them, I am truthful, I am a Man that likes to wear Feminine fashion. No bad experiences to date.